Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 768. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Not a single trade in nearly 2 hours

BTCT is having issues, that's why.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Not a single trade in nearly 2 hours
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
works for me, doesnt work for my friend. must be working on the site today.
Activity: 266
Code:
Error:

Xcoind backend failure at 135

Is all I see. When I try on a second computer (where I'm not logged in) I can access the site, but trying to look at the market, it just tells me to login. That seems new.
Maybe specific ip range block?
KS
Activity: 448
I'm still experiencing problems logging into BTC-TC
I have tried 3 different computers, cleared cache, tried android phone and tablet all do same thing.

Web site down and/or timeout error.
I cannot contact support because you have to be logged in.

can someone who's logged in ask if they are at maximum server load, are they experiencing problems.

I'm not the only one experiencing these problems. 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=125629.1760
Does BTC-TC have a support phone number to call..? I cant find one.
You're not alone. It's down for me for hours.
Is anyone actually able to access it atm?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
I'm still experiencing problems logging into BTC-TC
I have tried 3 different computers, cleared cache, tried android phone and tablet all do same thing.

Web site down and/or timeout error.
I cannot contact support because you have to be logged in.

can someone who's logged in ask if they are at maximum server load, are they experiencing problems.

I'm not the only one experiencing these problems. 
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=125629.1760
Does BTC-TC have a support phone number to call..? I cant find one.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
If the team is really good perhaps they could branch out into making other types of ASICs, maybe building chips for bitcoin enabled hand-held devices.

That's a possibility, yes. But I wouldn't bet on it. More likely that they would create a new company/branch for this purpose.

True, but they'd have to raise money separately, again.  Either from VCs or whoever.  It would be easier just to use LC assets to start a new product line.  Sony, Nintendo, Apple, etc don't start new companies when they expand into new markets.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
FYI, the mobile phone number is wrong, I've called.
So, sell sell sell. LOL...
Doesn't matter, even if they hold 20% of the network.

To put it in perspective:
Total bitcoins left to be mined in the next 100+ years = around 10 million.
If LC-hardware holds 20% of the network forever, that's 2 million btc they get.
2 million / 10 million shares = 0.2 per share

You forgot the hardware Wink

Not really, no. When I say "If LC-hardware holds 20% of the network", I mean that 20% of the hashing done in the world will be done by LC-hardware, not necessarily by LC themselves.
Assuming a rational market where people don't keep buying hardware that will never see ROI, the profit that LC makes on the hardware sales will always be equal or less than what the hardware can mine.

Granted, that has not been the case for AMs devices, but on a competitive market, my prediction is that this behaviour will eventually die out.
I think AM has only been able to sell at such a high markup because there was no competition with hardware in stock. Competition will eventually push the price down to a reasonable level.

If the team is really good perhaps they could branch out into making other types of ASICs, maybe building chips for bitcoin enabled hand-held devices.

That's a possibility, yes. But I wouldn't bet on it. More likely that they would create a new company/branch for this purpose.
Activity: 356
Merit: 255
Isn't consumer electronics something the guys from this company specialized in before labcoin?
Some of them had experience in the Chinese millitary, from what I understand.  So they did ICs.  But they were not doing "Consumer" ICs Grin
So... future versions of bitcoin miners will be capable of launching ICBMs, I guess?
What if they constant hash on 10/20% of network.. Even with diff changes?
High hardware sales, new tech development, again high sales?

0.1+ should also work Smiley

Yeah, I've thought for a while now the really successful company out of this bunch will the one that branches into consumer electronics. Eventually one of them will.

Isn't consumer electronics something the guys from this company specialized in before labcoin?

Some of them had experience in the Chinese millitary, from what I understand.  So they did ICs.  But they were not doing "Consumer" ICs Grin
Activity: 887
Merit: 1000

Yeah, I've thought for a while now the really successful company out of this bunch will the one that branches into consumer electronics. Eventually one of them will.

Or custom ASICs for some other field that's now dominated by GPU computing. What about making ASICs for simulating electronics (I.e. hardware implementation of SPICE) to help people design and test ASICs more quickly? That's just one possible example.

It's interesting how bitcoin technology might actually end up pushing IC tech all on it's own.  Normally it's been CPUs that have been at the forefront of IC design, but since bitcoin chips are so much simpler, and don't require a lot of external bandwidth like CPUs do, and they don't need to work "100%" to be useful, you could see research companies using bitcoin ASICs as a test for new tech.  It could be a really interesting future.

I also think Litecoin mining could have some interesting effects as well, since you basically need a "full" computer with RAM to implement it (you wouldn't save many transistors overall by dropping CPU tech unneeded for litecoin mining, for example)

You forgot the hardware Wink
Activity: 420

Jump to: