Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 783. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 250
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Activity: 714
Merit: 510

Using 30% of initial income to accelerate sale, development, production and mining capability is a growth strategy and what sets Labcoin apart from a set-hash rate mining bond. If you want to make a comparison you can compare the business model of asicminer and a set-hash rate bond without reinvestment strategy.

The long term plan and intention is to use the reinvestment fund to over time increase dividend payments (profits) to surpass what shareholders would earn if 100% dividends would be paid out from day-1 as the team of course believes that Labcoin can invest at far greater profit in development, production, sales and mining power then individual investors.

Why only 30%?  I'm sure that people would be worried if you didn't pay out anything, they'd think it might be a big scam or something - but you can also prove your hashrate.

What I'd like to see is is the opportunity for people to have their dividends reinvested directly into the company if they want: Dividends payed in new stock rather then BTC.

That way, you'd be able to have more money to spend on growth, and more quickly increase your hashrate and thus the profits.

It would have to be in the form of a loan. The people who do this should get something back.

The bond idea is being floated by Ciphermine. Kate from Ciphermine is talking about offering a growth bond. Nothing would stop Labcoin from offering a similar growth/reinvestment bond and it's not such a bad idea to offer it once the share price is high enough that the bond makes sense.

The bond price would have to be a flat price, relatively cheap and guaranteed to be paid back, and then many people would invest at least something into it. New investors who miss out on the Labcoin IPO prices could buy the bond instead and it would have lower risk.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
TheSwede,

Will you guys also offer the mining hardware at almost cost for shareholders? Just wondering about this, it would be nice if shareholders can purchase mining hardware at cost for themselves also.

Thanks

As far as I know Labcoin has not gotten this far into the discussion on possible miner sales. Priority stays with Chip-sales and Mining operation for the near future.
Activity: 560
TheSwede,

Will you guys also offer the mining hardware at almost cost for shareholders? Just wondering about this, it would be nice if shareholders can purchase mining hardware at cost for themselves also.

Thanks
Activity: 392
Nice publicity.  Keep it comin'
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
You may be giving Active Mining too little credit, there is the argument Labcoin is working with old technology that is already being phased out, and in a couple months obsolete... while ActM is at the very forefront and poised to be first company to the market with 28nm technology. We will see how it plays out, but there will be a time that Labcoin can fall into a deep disadvantage
"In a couple months obsolete"... show me some math behind that or I'm just going to say you're wrong here.
I believe we are orders of magnitude away from a difficulty where mining with current ASIC technology becomes unprofitable on electricity cost alone.

I think the electricity cost will be a factor once the reward halves again, 2016 I believe.

I introduce 《The 3rd industrial revolution》 of Mr.Jeremy Rifkin to you. In his opinion,the electricity cost would not be a problem if the new energy industry rise up,and The bitcoin system is very suitable for the new biosphere economics.
Activity: 182
You may be giving Active Mining too little credit, there is the argument Labcoin is working with old technology that is already being phased out, and in a couple months obsolete... while ActM is at the very forefront and poised to be first company to the market with 28nm technology. We will see how it plays out, but there will be a time that Labcoin can fall into a deep disadvantage
"In a couple months obsolete"... show me some math behind that or I'm just going to say you're wrong here.
I believe we are orders of magnitude away from a difficulty where mining with current ASIC technology becomes unprofitable on electricity cost alone.

I think the electricity cost will be a factor once the reward halves again, 2016 I believe.
Activity: 392
Activity: 127
Coinnoisseur

I agree. Additional things to note are that ActiveMining has formed an advisory board composed of forum members, and I think their partnership with eAsic is also considerably valuable. You can expect some considerable movement when that press release drops.

Not to mention you could literally pick up the phone and call Ken directly and ask him any question you wanted.
In January 2013 BTC prices..you do the math.

The return is astronomical.

How likely is it that an event like that is going to happen again? I'm sure most people at AM's IPO saw vast potential, just as the folks here see in Labcoin, ActM, etc., but I'm wondering - are we on the tip of the iceberg or has the time for 40-50x IPO pricing simply gone with AM? I can't imagine that's the case. The potential market for bitcoin is just too immense for there to be one mining company capable of returns like that.

Exciting times.

With IPO prices as low as Labcoin's or AMC's, 100x is feasible.

Ok. Will someone please crush my dreams and explain to me why this isn't going to actually happen?

Well. AM benefited from two multipliers, the price of bitcoin and the price of their shares. Labcoin and AMC will only have the price of their shares. I don't think Bitcoin will be worth $1k anytime soon. If/when they deliver, the fact that they started IPO 100x cheaper than AM will play a factor. Its really up to the psychology of the investors how high the price will go. If Labcoin start paying out 0.001BTC a week, I won't be surprised at all if they hit 0.1BTC a share.

0.001BTC a week for labcoin is equivalent to 0.025BTC a week for AM. That's 10k BTC a week divided by the numbers of shares.

If AM shares paid 0.025 BTC divs and were worth 3.5 BTC, then Labcoin shares that paid 0.001 BTC divs would be worth 0.14 BTC. If Labcoin had 10% of the network hash rate and maintained that amount, each share would receive about 0.000504 BTC per difficulty round.

Blocks/Round = 2016
Bitcoin/Block = 25 BTC
Bitcoin/Round = 2016 * 25 = 50,400 BTC

50,400 BTC * 10% = 5,040 BTC
5,040 BTC  / 10,000,000 shares = 0.000504 BTC/share

Realistically, rounds will take about 10-14 days, depending on the rate at which difficulty is increasing. Weekly dividends of 0.001 BTC are far too high for 10% network share and would need to consist mostly of hardware sales.

Yes you're right but most of AM div are from hardware sales and not mining. Before the hardware sale it was 0.011~BTC and the week after 0.036~BTC. Of course they didn't release all the funds from the hardware sales at once. They are trickling it into the dividends and having a nice average of around 0.025BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000
103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

I would rather be hashing now with older technology vs waiting a few months for newer tech.

Labcoin will have 65mm soon for next phase and probably 28mm after that. 
legendary
Activity: 1025
Activity: 127
Coinnoisseur
For all the commotion in this thread, I'm surprised more people aren't in the Labcoin IRC channel.

Come discuss Labccoin and shit! The channel is #labcoin

You can use the webchat: http://webchat.freenode.net/

Or theres plenty of clients you can install, I like XChat: http://xchat.org/download/
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
In January 2013 BTC prices..you do the math.

The return is astronomical.

How likely is it that an event like that is going to happen again? I'm sure most people at AM's IPO saw vast potential, just as the folks here see in Labcoin, ActM, etc., but I'm wondering - are we on the tip of the iceberg or has the time for 40-50x IPO pricing simply gone with AM? I can't imagine that's the case. The potential market for bitcoin is just too immense for there to be one mining company capable of returns like that.

Exciting times.

With IPO prices as low as Labcoin's or AMC's, 100x is feasible.

Ok. Will someone please crush my dreams and explain to me why this isn't going to actually happen?

Well. AM benefited from two multipliers, the price of bitcoin and the price of their shares. Labcoin and AMC will only have the price of their shares. I don't think Bitcoin will be worth $1k anytime soon. If/when they deliver, the fact that they started IPO 100x cheaper than AM will play a factor. Its really up to the psychology of the investors how high the price will go. If Labcoin start paying out 0.001BTC a week, I won't be surprised at all if they hit 0.1BTC a share.

0.001BTC a week for labcoin is equivalent to 0.025BTC a week for AM. That's 10k BTC a week divided by the numbers of shares.

If AM shares paid 0.025 BTC divs and were worth 3.5 BTC, then Labcoin shares that paid 0.001 BTC divs would be worth 0.14 BTC. If Labcoin had 10% of the network hash rate and maintained that amount, each share would receive about 0.000504 BTC per difficulty round.

Blocks/Round = 2016
Bitcoin/Block = 25 BTC
Bitcoin/Round = 2016 * 25 = 50,400 BTC

50,400 BTC * 10% = 5,040 BTC
5,040 BTC  / 10,000,000 shares = 0.000504 BTC/share

Realistically, rounds will take about 10-14 days, depending on the rate at which difficulty is increasing. Weekly dividends of 0.001 BTC are far too high for 10% network share and would need to consist mostly of hardware sales.

legendary
Activity: 1498
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Activity: 750
Merit: 500
www.coinschedule.com
+1 to the 3 posts above.
I'm not saying all this to push the price or anything, just stating my completely honest opinion.
I'm balls deep invested in LC and I believe it might turn out to be the best investment I have made in my entire life, right next to getting invested in bitcoin in the first place.

I, too, believe this.
Jump to: