Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 784. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
If there is any stock on BTCT right now that you should hold long-term, it's this one.I would even be hesitant to throw my money into asicminer right now. Labcoin just makes sense.  Labcoin is the only one who takes the win for earliest deployment date, most aggressive development and carries the most potential to increase in value from a start-up.
A company like ASICMINER is striving to maintain value, Activemining is great but is still going to take awhile with its 28nm development, and icedrill has an ask wall that's bigger than China's (good luck making any short/medium term gains on that one).  

If anyone has shares in ASICMINER,  I would selling them off. Labcoin is the baby, perfectly positioned to grow into a solid competitor of AM.  Don't invest in the old senile dinosaur struggling to keep its own mass ... invest in the start-up with 100x growth potential.  

I absolutely agree. I believe LC is still way undervalued, even in its still unproven state.

The only reason for me to be afraid to invest here would be if there was the possibility that they are complete liars, and the whole project nothing but a scam.
But if you followed the IPO, you know that they deliberately turned down holding it auction-style, which would have given them probably at least double the IPO money. That is pretty much the most anti-scam move they could have made, and gives me about 99.9% certainty that it's not a scam. If they are a scam, that would have been the most irrational and deceiving step I'd have ever seen in a scam.

And to see why they are undervalued, consider this:
Why for example is ActM valued at ~0.005 now, with 25 million shares, and LC at ~0.0025 with only 10 million shares? It's absolutely beyond me.
If you see them at the same level of uncertainty right now, LC should be at least at 0.01 already (since they have 2.5x less shares).
ActM has nothing in reach, the Avalon Clones are delayed and will very likely never see ROI. Buying them already was a bad investment by ActM.
The 28nm development... has it even started? If I understand correctly, they only have a not-even-official partnership with eASIC to start development on them. It will take a long time before anything comes of it.
LC on the other hand had their chips taped out before they even started the IPO. They have been developing since last year.
And now with Swede confirming that the chips will come and get hashing within the next few weeks, it really makes no sense to me that somehow, LC is still valued less than ActM by the market.
Can anyone help me understand what's the reason for this? Because I just don't see it.

I'm not saying all this to push the price or anything, just stating my completely honest opinion. I have no interest in a short-term push of the price, because I'm certain LC's success will do that on its own soon enough.
I'm balls deep invested in LC and I believe it might turn out to be the best investment I have made in my entire life, right next to getting invested in bitcoin in the first place.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
In January 2013 BTC prices..you do the math.

The return is astronomical.

How likely is it that an event like that is going to happen again? I'm sure most people at AM's IPO saw vast potential, just as the folks here see in Labcoin, ActM, etc., but I'm wondering - are we on the tip of the iceberg or has the time for 40-50x IPO pricing simply gone with AM? I can't imagine that's the case. The potential market for bitcoin is just too immense for there to be one mining company capable of returns like that.

Exciting times.

With IPO prices as low as Labcoin's or AMC's, 100x is feasible.

Ok. Will someone please crush my dreams and explain to me why this isn't going to actually happen?

Well. AM benefited from two multipliers, the price of bitcoin and the price of their shares. Labcoin and AMC will only have the price of their shares. I don't think Bitcoin will be worth $1k anytime soon. If/when they deliver, the fact that they started IPO 100x cheaper than AM will play a factor. Its really up to the psychology of the investors how high the price will go. If Labcoin start paying out 0.001BTC a week, I won't be surprised at all if they hit 0.1BTC a share.

0.001BTC a week for labcoin is equivalent to 0.025BTC a week for AM. That's 10k BTC a week divided by the numbers of shares.
N_S
Activity: 238
Bitcoin will be currency wars x 1000 !

Another reason why there should be a minimum age requirement for bitcointalk..

I can't disagree. As someone relatively new to this arena, it's difficult wading through comments and finding out who has any idea what they're talking about. I really try to take opinions and comments based on their merit, but sometimes it's really hard to ignore the ways they're written.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

Ah no, cheap coins mate!    Wink

legendary
jeez, the "speculators" are sounding crazy. AM is PROVEN, has the STRONGEST reputation at the moment and well into the future, and as long as they maintain market share in MID-LONG run their price is not overvalued. all these newbs

Yep, some crazy talk here, but in a world where a few posts can change the market, optimism is necessary to protect these securities. Personally I'm moving a big chunk into friedcat if Labcoin rises 5-10X. ASICMiner is the Coca Cola juggernaut here
It will be US (HashFast) vs China (Labcoin) IMHO. Bet on both and get rid of the others!
Quality vs Quantity..

Active mining.... Btc garden also in the mix
Yes if BTCGarden was not a scam they probably will fight with LC for China market!
legendary
jeez, the "speculators" are sounding crazy. AM is PROVEN, has the STRONGEST reputation at the moment and well into the future, and as long as they maintain market share in MID-LONG run their price is not overvalued. all these newbs

Yep, some crazy talk here, but in a world where a few posts can change the market, optimism is necessary to protect these securities. Personally I'm moving a big chunk into friedcat if Labcoin rises 5-10X. ASICMiner is the Coca Cola juggernaut here
It will be US (HashFast) vs China (Labcoin) IMHO. Bet on both and get rid of the others!
Quality vs Quantity..

Why do you exclude ActM out of curiosity?
Avalon fiasco, missed precious time, HF has probably better funding and investors backing it and ActM plan seems way too complicated!
LC and HF have the simplest and more clear plan I think. KnC is good but small fish compared to Sillicon Valley.
Bitcoin will be currency wars x 1000 ! I expect China and US will fight over it in the end who will control the mining. Germany has already embraced it btw...
Activity: 887

Quality vs Quantity..

Active mining.... Btc garden also in the mix
Especially considering "Hashfast" came after "Fast Hash"   Cheesy
N_S

Quality vs Quantity..

Why do you exclude ActM out of curiosity?
legendary

Quality vs Quantity..
Activity: 302

How likely is it that an event like that is going to happen again? I'm sure most people at AM's IPO saw vast potential, just as the folks here see in Labcoin, ActM, etc., but I'm wondering - are we on the tip of the iceberg or has the time for 40-50x IPO pricing simply gone with AM? I can't imagine that's the case. The potential market for bitcoin is just too immense for there to be one mining company capable of returns like that.

Exciting times.

Ok. Will someone please crush my dreams and explain to me why this isn't going to actually happen?

I can see the next bubble forming already with comments like these - it is incredible how predictable these markets are when you watch them for a while.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
I mean Mr Zhenghua Wang.English name Howard Wang.

No I meant mr wang pronounced. Mr. Made up name Wang

Sorry,I can't understand what you mean or your humor.
I just tell the fact i have met.
He is just talking joke, you can safely ignore this guy.
N_S

Exciting times.

legendary
Activity: 1025

Activity: 560
insane sell wall at .0024's thousands of shares
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

Exciting times.

Activity: 560
16K share dump at .0024 GG
N_S

Exciting times.
legendary
AM top was about x40 it's initial price! Kudos and respect to friedcat he is Satoshi No2...or maybe Satoshi himself!
Jump to: