Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 798. (Read 1079974 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
My back of the envelope calculations put the value of the 6TH running on 10/1 at .000605 / share and the remaining 44TH running on 10/15 at .002435/share, for an expected value of at least .0031

EDIT: These calculations assume 35% increase per Difficulty Increase
Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

Well, a decent price bump at least.  Though I'd be surprised if 0.0025 was the roof from this update. If they really have chips in hand next week, the price should go much higher.

0.0018-0.002 you mean
Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Well, a decent price bump at least.  Though I'd be surprised if 0.0025 was the roof from this update. If they really have chips in hand next week, the price should go much higher.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Cool beans.  

Are the chips your sending out samples or paid orders? How are financials and dividends for chip sales going to be handled?

There will of course be more "hard numbers" on this posted as chips are received, tested etc. the general policy is to pay out all profits as dividends to share holders, though Labcoin also plans to reinvest when profitable.

I have requested that customers that make "serious inquiries" be sent sample chips from first run and I am also trying to facilitate a miner and first run chips be send to me for review for the forum.

More information will be available (including pictures and stats) as soon as first run chips lands in the hands of the team.

What can shareholders do to promote Labcoin? Maybe advertising can be made to be cheaper? Why not just go to the forums where people are looking for ASIC miners and to reddit and promote the hell out of it?

As soon as the Labcoin team has performed testing and verified first-run and PCB functionality we will be dealing with all aspects of promotion and sales. This approach is chosen intentionally since the team feels that promoting a non proven product before they can show 100% functionality and specs is not something that Labcoin is interested in as the project is funded through the IPO well through first production run.

I know that there will be in depth discussions on how to best leverage fast time to market once miners are up and running, so I don't want to speculate too much into the exact model that will be chosen for chip/miner/contract sales.

The focus of the Labcoin team for the next few weeks will be 100% on becoming maybe The First ASIC project to actually deliver according to project timeline. Something I would consider quite a feat in itself.
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Also, people on the "Custom Hardware" board have been complaining about all the pre-orders.  You guys should be able to make a killing selling miners on hand, rather then as pre-orders if you can do it in September Grin

+1

Exactly, this is the right time to give the pre-order fueled companies a run for their money.

Yes. The Labcoin team does realize how exceptionally valuable short time to market and in-hand products are and are definitely considering this. We are however also aware of the possible caveats of exporting high value electronics (as proven by the latest delays and problems that for example Avalon has experienced).

Awesome.  I'd love to see Labcoin beat HashFast/Cointerra's pricing on the one hand... on the other I'd rather not give away any profits unnecessarily. Grin

If you are actually going to sell units you have on hand, the best thing to do might be to auction them off.

They could always do a franchise thing like what ASICMINER is trying to do. They can also do the HOSTED MINING thing where they mine for the customer and sell contracts. There are many ways to make money if they have a working chip.
What's the status of the locked shares?

I think they have more important things to focus on right now.

This would take a very, very short amount of time to complete and update us on.  There is no excuse for not doing it.

I agree to a large extent but it is slightly more complicated since the team is split between Italy/Europe and China/Hong Kong.

That said, I have made Sam aware that it is a priority, and I expect this to happen quite soon.
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Cool beans. 

Are the chips your sending out samples or paid orders? How are financials and dividends for chip sales going to be handled?

There will of course be more "hard numbers" on this posted as chips are received, tested etc. the general policy is to pay out all profits as dividends to share holders, though Labcoin also plans to reinvest when profitable.

I have requested that customers that make "serious inquiries" be sent sample chips from first run and I am also trying to facilitate a miner and first run chips be send to me for review for the forum.

More information will be available (including pictures and stats) as soon as first run chips lands in the hands of the team.

What can shareholders do to promote Labcoin? Maybe advertising can be made to be cheaper? Why not just go to the forums where people are looking for ASIC miners and to reddit and promote the hell out of it?
Sounds great.. Just bought a few stocks on BTCT.CO.. what will this mean for the stockholders?
Will they get dividend or something in the future? Or whats the plan on that.. readed the "details" but kinda alot of info..

Thanks and sorry if it was asked already a thousand times..

I actually forgot that information so thank you for asking.

UPDATE:

If everything goes as per schedule Labcoin plans to start paying dividends from the mining operation as early as the first week of September.

First week of September?! Bully!

If it beccomes true, HOSTED-MINING will be holly crap with currrent price, I can't understand why pepople buy in this IPO.
Swede, could you do an News update on BTCT.CO?

Sam will post a detailed update with more specific timeline etc. through BTCT.CO in approx one week when fist-run is in-hand for real-world tests on PCB.
TheSwede75, thanks for the substantial update, and your work thus far.  Smiley

I'm curious when Part II of the Q&A with Fabrizzio and others will take place?

The accounts are ready as per what Sam told me today. So it should not be long. The team has been exceptionally busy preparing for PCB production, analyzing and testing hardware models and first run but I will make it a priority to have them do Q/A as soon as possible.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250

This would take a very, very short amount of time to complete and update us on.  There is no excuse for not doing it.

Activity: 182
another bullshit update, and ignore mailbox too ..how long can you keep it up for

LOL, what are you smoking that makes you think that this was a bullshit update? Crack? Meth?

Is this the 5 o'clock free crack giveaway?
Activity: 238
Also, people on the "Custom Hardware" board have been complaining about all the pre-orders.  You guys should be able to make a killing selling miners on hand, rather then as pre-orders if you can do it in September Grin

+1

Exactly, this is the right time to give the pre-order fueled companies a run for their money.

Yes. The Labcoin team does realize how exceptionally valuable short time to market and in-hand products are and are definitely considering this. We are however also aware of the possible caveats of exporting high value electronics (as proven by the latest delays and problems that for example Avalon has experienced).

One thing for bulk chip orders - would it be possible to have the chips shipped directly from the fab to the customer? I don't know how large an order would need to be for that to be practical, but that would definitely help a lot with sales given all the problems with the Avalon chip shipments.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
another bullshit update, and ignore mailbox too ..how long can you keep it up for

LOL, what are you smoking that makes you think that this was a bullshit update? Crack? Meth?
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
Great news Man,

do we have an ETA on your go to market plan on the hardware?

cheers

legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Activity: 182
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
Sounds great.. Just bought a few stocks on BTCT.CO.. what will this mean for the stockholders?
Will they get dividend or something in the future? Or whats the plan on that.. readed the "details" but kinda alot of info..

UPDATE:

If everything goes as per schedule Labcoin plans to start paying dividends from the mining operation as early as the first week of September.

If it beccomes true, HOSTED-MINING will be holly crap with currrent price, I can't understand why pepople buy in this IPO.
Swede, could you do an News update on BTCT.CO?
Also, people on the "Custom Hardware" board have been complaining about all the pre-orders.  You guys should be able to make a killing selling miners on hand, rather then as pre-orders if you can do it in September Grin

+1

Awesome.  I'd love to see Labcoin beat HashFast/Cointerra's pricing on the one hand... on the other I'd rather not give away any profits unnecessarily. Grin

If you are actually going to sell units you have on hand, the best thing to do might be to auction them off.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

UPDATE:

Jump to: