Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 887. (Read 1079974 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000
Since no solution at this point will be 'perfect' and we are doing the best we can I would like to apologize in advance to anyone that feels that our solution is unfair. As previously mentioned, we had no way of anticipating asset-release time or interest in the IPO.

Just pull the trigger at the stated time, release the entire amount, at the IPO price and let the market decide.

I'll provide a shoulder for anyone to cry on if their feelings got hurt for only 1btc per 5min.

This is the correct answer. Let the market decide what to pay.
Activity: 393
Merit: 250
Since no solution at this point will be 'perfect' and we are doing the best we can I would like to apologize in advance to anyone that feels that our solution is unfair. As previously mentioned, we had no way of anticipating asset-release time or interest in the IPO.

You definitely showed us that you're willing to communicate, so I don't think anyone can blame you or Labcoin for being unprofessional here. I for myself want to thank you for being transparent and for listening to our ideas.

Region lock for 3.5mil shares, America today at 8pm CST and Europe at a convenient time, lock price at IPO first come first serve. After all shares are sold then resume normal bidding.

Since I m in EU, would love to play the ethnocentric card... But isn't this a bit unfair for, let's see, the rest of the "world"?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

You definitely showed us that you're willing to communicate, so I don't think anyone can blame you or Labcoin for being unprofessional here. I for myself want to thank you for being transparent and for listening to our ideas.
+2

Thx for the kind words. I am (to put it lightly) a little overwhelmed with the response and am doing the best I can.

I think once we are through this situation and things calm down (oh please let them) I may have to write a 'takeaway' post summing up what went right, wrong, and any advice I can give to other people working with or handling communications during IPO's.
Activity: 126

Region lock for 3.5mil shares, America today at 8pm CST and Europe at a convenient time, lock price at IPO first come first serve. After all shares are sold then resume normal bidding.

oh then I know the first problem: why USA first? this is a no win solution.
Activity: 182

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

Just pull the trigger at the stated time, release the entire amount, at the IPO price and let the market decide.

I'll provide a shoulder for anyone to cry on if their feelings got hurt for only 1btc per 5min.

Dude! You should totally set up a shoulder IPO
Activity: 524
I do not predict this being a problem. At least not on any 'scale' as creating a bunch of sock-puppet accounts 'just in case' seems like quite an undertaking when no solution has been posted yet. Then again, I also didn't predict the asset to be approved in 7 hours or with this interest so maybe I should just stop predicting things...  Sad

Here is what I'd do in your situation:

1) Reset all bids > 0.001 to 0.001
2) Set a cap on the number of shares each person can get
3) After the cap is in place, if it's still over 7mil then scale back orders based on % of orders placed.

Right now there are only about 11m orders placed > 0.001, which means if no new orders come in everyone gets 63% of what they asked for.  With a cap, it should be a pretty big portion of what everyone, except the huge orders, wanted.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown

I agree, just make it 10am London (UK) time thx. Grin
Activity: 266

+2
Activity: 238
The problem with the "return excess buying as dividend" plan is that there will be no 'cap', it will encourage people to buy way more then they actually want.
legendary
Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000
SaluS - (SLS)

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
I do not predict this being a problem. At least not on any 'scale' as creating a bunch of sock-puppet accounts 'just in case' seems like quite an undertaking when no solution has been posted yet. Then again, I also didn't predict the asset to be approved in 7 hours or with this interest so maybe I should just stop predicting things...  Sad

Here is what I'd do in your situation:

1) Reset all bids > 0.001 to 0.001
2) Set a cap on the number of shares each person can get
3) After the cap is in place, if it's still over 7mil then scale back orders based on % of orders placed.

Right now there are only about 11m orders placed > 0.001, which means if no new orders come in everyone gets 63% of what they asked for.  With a cap, it should be a pretty big portion of what everyone, except the huge orders, wanted.

Personally I have to say that I quite like this solution. I will still wait until I can get guidance by Burnside before we make any decision. As previously stated, I just don't feel confident in taking any action by myself.

Higher bid should be filled first, this maybe not perfect, but its efficiency was approved by real stock market in real life.

Your solution seems fair. But you know what, there gonna be a lot new accounts being registered in next few hours, at least I am going to do so.

I know you are trying to do it fairly. But please keep the basic logic of free market in mind. Other idea without think about it only lead to more loopholes.

timestamps. timestamps everywhere. only accounts registered before the time the "Do not move your bids" post was made should get shares.

No they shouldn't. I placed my initial bid last night and increase that bid this morning, after that post was made, yet before I had read it. Why should I lose out? The timestamp idea is simply unworkable due to many people doing the same.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
Touchdown
Is everyone dumping their portfolio for Labcoin IPO?

Woo! Go DMS.SELLING!

I think there are a LOT of factors to the market movements. Not only our IPO but BTCgarden and several other large IPO's in China today.

Stop being modest. We all know its your IPO.

On the grand scheme of things, our IPO is 7000 BTC. This is roughly 1/100th of the total value of ASICMINER if I am not mistaken. But thank you Smiley
Activity: 393
Woo! Go DMS.SELLING!
I think there are a LOT of factors to the market movements. Not only our IPO but BTCgarden and several other large IPO's in China today.
+1
Grin
Activity: 126

Woo! Go DMS.SELLING!

+1

Woo! Go DMS.SELLING!

Jump to: