Author

Topic: [LABCOIN] IPO [BTCT.CO] - Details/FAQ and Discussion (ASIC dev/sales/mining) - page 904. (Read 1079974 times)

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Who manages the matter? Quickly put IPO shares
Activity: 99
4986223 share filled @ &> 0.001
crazy.....
Activity: 119
So this is essentially being run like an auction?
I'd have no problem with this if it was made clear in the contract from the beginning. But as it is I think they should wipe the books and stick with the plan. Or is that unrealistic...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
As long as the total number of shares on the bid side @ or above .001 is <= 7,000,000 then you are fine.  Once 7,000,000 shares have been bid on, you may end up having to bid more in order to fill your order.  As of right now we are at 4.21 million bids @ or above .001

Would love to see the order book open.  Are we really going to have to wait 16 hours+?

Ugh, what a pain.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Activity: 224
it looks like the IPO will be filled even before the unlock
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
I think I need to address this again, because of my vague words. :/

It's:

1. Top-Down
2. First-In

That's how it would work if the IPO was executed like any other sell order - It's unclear if there are special rules in place for IPOs or not, and different people are posting conflicting information.

I mean, what happens if you have an early order at 0.001, and enough bids come out at or above 0.001001 to buy up all the shares?  In that case would it be better to cancel your order and put in a new one at a higher price, or keep your bid in order to stay at the top of the queue?

As long as the total number of shares on the bid side @ or above .001 is <= 7,000,000 then you are fine.  Once 7,000,000 shares have been bid on, you may end up having to bid more in order to fill your order.  As of right now we are at 4.21 million bids @ or above .001

Would love to see the order book open.  Are we really going to have to wait 16 hours+?
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000

I mean, what happens if you have an early order at 0.001, and enough bids come out at or above 0.001001 to buy up all the shares?  In that case would it be better to cancel your order and put in a new one at a higher price, or keep your bid in order to stay at the top of the queue?

Oh man, this could get ugly

It's:

1. Top-Down
2. First-In

That's how it would work if the IPO was executed like any other sell order - It's unclear if there are special rules in place for IPOs or not, and different people are posting conflicting information.

I mean, what happens if you have an early order at 0.001, and enough bids come out at or above 0.001001 to buy up all the shares?  In that case would it be better to cancel your order and put in a new one at a higher price, or keep your bid in order to stay at the top of the queue?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1026
Phew, thank goodness I rolled out of bed and checked these forums. I think I have got my bid in place at the regular IPO price.. lets hope it is first come first serve, not just from the top down.

It's:

1. Top-Down
2. First-In
Activity: 148
Phew, thank goodness I rolled out of bed and checked these forums. I think I have got my bid in place at the regular IPO price.. lets hope it is first come first serve, not just from the top down.
Activity: 218

Hi,

As I stated before in other posts, a "regular" IPO lets you buy as many shares as you want before it goes live. Before the official listing, you get the PERCENTAGE of the shares you bought before vs. the number of shares available. That way, the issuer can even adjust the number of shares beforehand to optimize/fine tune the share structure.

This should be a model to implement on the digital currency exchanges aswell, as it leads to a fair distribution.

That's what I was expecting.

On the other hand, it also means that a lot of people might not get as many shares as they'd like - and Labcoin would be leaving money on the table that they could be using for R&D (maybe make the next chip a 40nm instead of 65nm design, for example)

On the other hand, they'd need to change their prospectus if they wanted to do that since they said they wouldn't issue any more shares then 10 mil.
Hi,

People would not get as many shares as they'd like - Yes of course, because demand is too high to meet the offering.

Example for process as described above:

- You order 5.000 shares of a 50,000 shares IPO
- There are orders for 500,000 shares in total (= high demand, 10 times as much as shares offered)
- Everyone gets 1/10 of his or her shares ordered
- Your fair take is 500 shares based on demand
- Issuer can see demand beforehand, decide to step it up to, say 250,000 shares to address it better
- Your take would be 2,500 shares after adjustment

Hi,

As I stated before in other posts, a "regular" IPO lets you buy as many shares as you want before it goes live. Before the official listing, you get the PERCENTAGE of the shares you bought before vs. the number of shares available. That way, the issuer can even adjust the number of shares beforehand to optimize/fine tune the share structure.

This should be a model to implement on the digital currency exchanges aswell, as it leads to a fair distribution.

That's what I was expecting.

On the other hand, it also means that a lot of people might not get as many shares as they'd like - and Labcoin would be leaving money on the table that they could be using for R&D (maybe make the next chip a 40nm instead of 65nm design, for example)

On the other hand, they'd need to change their prospectus if they wanted to do that since they said they wouldn't issue any more shares then 10 mil.
Activity: 420
It's unfortunate we don't have clear, detailed rules for how this ipo will work. 

I would make different decisions based on different rules. As it is I'm making my decision partially blind.  This should not be the case.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
burnside should limit how many shares a person can purchase (although that can be manipulated by opening up several accounts)
it appears people just want to pick up shares assuming price will go up and dump as soon as it does.

Unlikely, this is the "free market." You take the good and the bad, have both or none. If that doesn't float your boat, I suggest checking out NYSE...
Hi,

I was being facetious when I said "free market", hence the quotes. Any and all suggestions for "fair distribution", I will direct to burnside.

Labcoin just reached a high of 0.02/share...

Burnside should lock in IPO bids...
Activity: 218
burnside should limit how many shares a person can purchase (although that can be manipulated by opening up several accounts)
it appears people just want to pick up shares assuming price will go up and dump as soon as it does.

Unlikely, this is the "free market." You take the good and the bad, have both or none. If that doesn't float your boat, I suggest checking out NYSE...
Hi,

Activity: 420

You have no idea how to value a startup.
Activity: 253
These guys roughly value their "idea" today at around 1 million dollars, competition against ASICMINER and ACTIVEM n others.

Real valuation based on today with no sales?

being generous hmmm 100k
Activity: 378
Won't let me place a bid.
Jump to: