Pages:
Author

Topic: Large Bitcoin Collider (Collision Finders Pool) - page 4. (Read 193120 times)

legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 7892
Through some advanced mathematics LBC is able to check this list of several million addresses

Advanced mathematics?!... WOW... Its more like advanced stupidity!

I find the whole thing to be pretty awesome. What are you afraid of? they might stumble upon your private key, or expose a vulnerability in the system? If so, then that's the way it was meant to be, and the next iteration of bitcoin will need to step up their game in terms of key generation and security.... "Quantum-resistant" I believe the term is.
legendary
Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233
Through some advanced mathematics LBC is able to check this list of several million addresses

Advanced mathematics?!... WOW... Its more like advanced stupidity!
Activity: 30
Merit: 1
I'm curious, has anybody outside of the pool randomly found a priv key with a non-zero balance associated with it?

I saw the list of "trophies" section on the website, and at the time of the last recorded discovery of 0.54 BTC, that was about an $8,000 haul (assuming whoever found it kept the entire amount). Not bad.

To my knowledge the only keys with non-zero where the few puzzle wallets that bitcrack found ahead of LBC. At current prices that same .54 BTC would be roughly $1500 USD. Not bad haul, but I'd definitely wait for the market to go back up before cashing out Cheesy

Greetings, newbie here.
Who can explain how does the program/server check address balances after generating?

LBC has a list of all wallets with non-zero balance that it checks against. Through some advanced mathematics LBC is able to check this list of several million addresses all at once at only a slightly slower rate than if it checked against a single address.

LBC IS DOWN Huh?

I do not understand - is the project working or is it being deleted?

LBC is not down and not being deleted any time soon, currently collectively hashing at 268.62 Mkeys/sec. If you are having problems setting it up on your machine feel free to ask questions here or on the discord server.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
How great is your small bounty actually
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 7892
I'm curious, has anybody outside of the pool randomly found a priv key with a non-zero balance associated with it?

I saw the list of "trophies" section on the website, and at the time of the last recorded discovery of 0.54 BTC, that was about an $8,000 haul (assuming whoever found it kept the entire amount). Not bad.
Activity: 3
Greetings, newbie here.
Who can explain how does the program/server check address balances after generating?
copper member
Activity: 115
Merit: 4
This is interesting.

Is anyone using it?  I assume they are, my LBC clients seem to be working.

If I implemented Python + CUDA implementation for Linux (eventually, still getting the hang of CUDA), would anyone be interested in testing and trying it out?

I'm also looking for why I'm not authorized to use GPUs.  Does that mean it can't access them for some reason, wrong CUDA toolkit/OpenCL lib combo, or something else?

Thanks Smiley
Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
Does someone have code for local (solo) use on the GPU?
you may want to check thread Faster and Autonomous Large Bitcoin Collider upgrade
or this thread BitCrack - A tool for brute-forcing private keys
both are utilizing GPU to (sequentially) brute force private keys of Bitcoin puzzle transaction ~32 BTC prize to who solves it
Good luck! you will definitely need a lot of luck and time Grin to find even one of them
Activity: 12
LBC IS DOWN Huh?

Does someone have code for local (solo) use on the GPU?
Activity: 12
LBC IS DOWN Huh?

legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1129
All paid signature campaigns should be banned.
Regarding wheather we assume 160 bit space or 159 (half of it).

The idea to "only" need to search in half of the 160-bit output space of addresses arises because we generate both,
compressed and uncompressed addresses for each private key guess.

Q: I don't know about that process. Is it more like this:

private_key --*some process*--> uncompressed-address
         |
         --*some other process*--> compressed-address

or like this:

private_key --*some process*--> uncompressed-address --*some other process*--> compressed-address

I would argue no search-space reduction can be achieved if the process is the later one.
So IMO the statement on the page "X bits of 160bits" is correct.

Regarding the probabilty calculations i guess arulbero is in a higher dimension than me Cheesy I'll shut up and enjoy the show Lips sealed

Leaving out some small details:

1) Securely generate a private key.  This is basically a secure 256 bit random number.  It is not exactly 256 bits because it has to be less than a certain specified 256 bit number but for the purposes here let's just consider it a 256 bit random number.

2) Calculate the public key.  The formula is public_key = private_key * G.  Where private_key is a very large random number, G is the specified starting point on the specified elliptic curve (the "Generator" point), * is the specified scalar multiplication operation over the group of points on the elliptic curve and private_key is the calculated point on the elliptic curve.

3) Note that public_key is a point on an elliptic curve.  It has an X and a Y coordinate to describe which point is is.  But also note an interesting property of the X and the Y coordinates on all elliptic curves:  for every X coordinate on the curve there are only two possible Y coordinates.  It is not exactly correct in our case here but you can think of them as the possible positive Y coordinate and the possible negative Y coordinate.

Now the uncompressed public_key is simply X and Y.  So an uncompressed public key is 256 + 256 = 512 bits.

The compressed public key is X and a single bit, lets call it b, that tells you which of the two possible Y values to use.  So a compressed public key is 256 + 1 = 257 bits.  But you can easily calculate the full public key from the compressed public key by calculating the two possible Y coordinates from the X coordinate given and then using the single bit "b" to select which of the two Y coordinate values to use.

To get the Bitcoin address from the public key you either:

1) Take the full 512 bit public key (X, Y) and hash it down to 256 bits, then hash it down to 160 bits then encode the answer.

or

2) Take the 257 bit compressed public key (X, b) and hash it down to 256 bits, then hash it down to 160 bits then encode the answer.

Both the uncompressed and compressed versions of the public key and the encoded hashed versions of the public key (the compressed and uncompressed versions of the Bitcoin address) describe exactly the same point on the elliptic curve.

Therefore both the compressed and uncompressed versions of the Bitcoin address map back to exactly the same private key.
Activity: 78

Hello .. looks that this LBC is not working at all
Please help see my error bellow why don't connect to the pool ?

$ wget http://ftp://ftp.cryptoguru.org/LBC/client/LBC
--2018-08-30 17:30:44--  http://ftp://ftp.cryptoguru.org/LBC/client/LBC
           => ‘LBC.1’
Resolving ftp.cryptoguru.org (ftp.cryptoguru.org)... 92.43.104.60
Connecting to ftp.cryptoguru.org (ftp.cryptoguru.org)|92.43.104.60|:21... connected.
Logging in as anonymous ... Logged in!
==> SYST ... done.    ==> PWD ... done.
==> TYPE I ... done.  ==> CWD (1) /LBC/client ... done.
==> SIZE LBC ... 63819
==> PASV ... couldn't connect to 192.168.1.200 port 59530: No route to host

Need to put another directory instead of directory.io another host like allbitcoinprivatekeys.com is possible if so where to change it ?
That key was belonging to other address I was at the beginning of the search for bitcoins and I believe the website was just for them to earn from ads and when I check the authenticity  of the key was showing is belonging to other address and value was 0 into wallet.

Now am into hunt mode i need coins to get out of this system game they created for us.
And anyway I will just be happy with just a half of the coins I`ll find and the other half I will let there  Grin

example: Is couple of dormant addresses that has no out transactions since 2010 If I can get my eyes on one I will get few coins Smiley

Activity: 183
Merit: 3
I have address not private  key.
I want to see location where the particular address is.
Please say with other words .. i didn't understand what you are saying
It's a good idea to take the address (eg satoshi) and see its location at the same time and the private key. You slightly rolled your lips)) You wrote you have the key to 7000btc figure it out.
I have address not private  key.
I want to see location where the particular address is.
Please say with other words .. i didn't understand what you are saying
Hello all I want to ask something how I check a specific address where is on what page against all this address on this site https://www.allbitcoinprivatekeys.com/
Translate private hex key in dec and by the page number looking for, if you do not see it at once, check the neighboring pages or divide the number by 128. Accurately with such sites they can be programmed to auto-withdrawal found means. If you want you can create such a site on your PC (Google to the rescue)).
Hello all I want to ask something how I check a specific address where is on what page against all this address on this site https://www.allbitcoinprivatekeys.com/
Hello Andzhig and thanks for reply

I was about to let the whole chain to download but I found this project Large Bitcoin Collider to join and I made a dual boot and now I have unbuntu/windows
My HDD is 320 GB and the bitcoin core is about 240GB start downloading about 25GB then Installed Unbuntu which he made his HDD 150GB I didn't payed attention to sizes of HDD.

And how I can check who is who an address Shocked ?
brand new
Activity: 0
Regarding wheather we assume 160 bit space or 159 (half of it).

The idea to "only" need to search in half of the 160-bit output space of addresses arises because we generate both,
compressed and uncompressed addresses for each private key guess.

Q: I don't know about that process. Is it more like this:

private_key --*some process*--> uncompressed-address
         |
         --*some other process*--> compressed-address

or like this:

private_key --*some process*--> uncompressed-address --*some other process*--> compressed-address

I would argue no search-space reduction can be achieved if the process is the later one.
So IMO the statement on the page "X bits of 160bits" is correct.

Regarding the probabilty calculations i guess arulbero is in a higher dimension than me Cheesy I'll shut up and enjoy the show Lips sealed
I find one address skipping through pages and I copied the address and saw is nearly 7000 bitcoins in it.

I have the private key as well with it but once I put into bitcoin core walled said null about the private key

Do I need to do something with the key or just wont work in reality?

Core the whole chain downloaded? another option https://electrum.org/#download. And if there really is such a number of coins, check whose address this is in the net (what would be yours the army of the colombian mafia or fbi did not start hunting).
Pages:
Jump to: