Author

Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner - page 126. (Read 284869 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
do you think it would be a wise time to move over to Pro Hashing now then?

currently it seems not possible to register, i have tried the last days and got a message that they are not taking new users atm  Sad

Prohashing also not much profitable than Nicehash ........ I had registered already.......  Are same.

Er. I got the opposite, even with prohashing.com growth issues. It's likely a wash for either imho.

I wouldn't call an extra 5% - 10% profits a wash, unless people aren't even getting those numbers anymore that they were the past few days since it dropped from 50%.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!

currently it seems not possible to register, i have tried the last days and got a message that they are not taking new users atm  Sad

Prohashing also not much profitable than Nicehash ........ I had registered already.......  Are same.

Er. I got the opposite, even with prohashing.com growth issues. It's likely a wash for either imho.
Activity: 136
Merit: 10

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

currently it seems not possible to register, i have tried the last days and got a message that they are not taking new users atm  Sad
Many of getting this problems, May be L3+ have weak hardware, There are many complaints about L3+ miner on the forums and websites. I also got problem in 3 week. And aslo difficulty increased soo much. We dont get earn more but, Bitmain company Earning Super. We are the fools, buying the miner.

I've found complaints on forums to be a bad indicator as to how reliable a product is. The vast majority of people without problems don't post. To date, we've received 110 AntMiner L3+ units straight from Bitmain. Thus far, we've only identified 1 bad hashing board. It's obviously still a young product, but we're finding them to be much more reliable than the S9 series.

Dude, may I know what is the chip temperature of your L3+ when running and what is the environment (air-con server room or just air-flow cooling) it is running in? I also had 75 L3+, which means 300 hash boards, the total dead hash board after 3 weeks are 20, which is around 6.5%. The chip temperature is around 63-65c, sometime goes to 69-70 but never higher and I use air-flow cooling only, all run at  384 freq. Not sure what I did wrong, but in my coin mining group, many members have the same situation. I really appreciate if you can share your experience regarding this machine.

My Room temperature was 64 to 68 and, before 1 hrs when i get up, i see all the board having xxxx xxxx xxx xxx xxx like this, then i re start, after restart i saw there is one is not available, and hashes showing 750mhs, 800mhs and temperature was wrong over 100, now i don't know what i do.

And find my Post on previous page, there was my previous experience.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Many of getting this problems, May be L3+ have weak hardware, There are many complaints about L3+ miner on the forums and websites. I also got problem in 3 week. And aslo difficulty increased soo much. We dont get earn more but, Bitmain company Earning Super. We are the fools, buying the miner.

I've found complaints on forums to be a bad indicator as to how reliable a product is. The vast majority of people without problems don't post. To date, we've received 110 AntMiner L3+ units straight from Bitmain. Thus far, we've only identified 1 bad hashing board. It's obviously still a young product, but we're finding them to be much more reliable than the S9 series.

Dude, may I know what is the chip temperature of your L3+ when running and what is the environment (air-con server room or just air-flow cooling) it is running in? I also had 75 L3+, which means 300 hash boards, the total dead hash board after 3 weeks are 20, which is around 6.5%. The chip temperature is around 63-65c, sometime goes to 69-70 but never higher and I use air-flow cooling only, all run at  384 freq. Not sure what I did wrong, but in my coin mining group, many members have the same situation. I really appreciate if you can share your experience regarding this machine.
Activity: 420
Merit: 110

This is a great post Ross. Thank you for that endorsement based on experience. I was suspecting as much.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Maybe I havnt explained myself very well so sorry, I have been mining on nicehash the past month and nearly got ROI on the miner already I have been offered £4000 for the miner

Crazy profit, sounds like a sensible reason to sell it - especially if you need the power capacity to run your "arriving fairly soon" miners with.

Activity: 277
Maybe I havnt explained myself very well so sorry, I have been mining on nicehash the past month and nearly got ROI on the miner already I have been offered £4000 for the miner and have 4 D3s coming in October so I'm trying to gauge what the best decision is, I don't ever use the l3+ to mine LTC directly as that's 50% less than pro hashing or nice hash (last week)... Just stuck really on what to do
Guys some advice please, debating selling my 4 week old l3+ (not on here) I have noticed a jump in the LTC price, should I consider keeping it? Opinions welcome please.
As a miner you should be able to do your own decisions, considering your electricity price, your coin of choose, price of that coin, various things...

Well said. However, to cut him a break - and because I want to share my own opinion - I believe we're only at the ground floor for LTC, especially with Charlie Lee back on board. Also, the L3+ can mine other coins, so you don't have to sell them just because LTC may not be doing well at any given time.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
Guys some advice please, debating selling my 4 week old l3+ (not on here) I have noticed a jump in the LTC price, should I consider keeping it? Opinions welcome please.
As a miner you should be able to do your own decisions, considering your electricity price, your coin of choose, price of that coin, various things...
Activity: 54
Why would you sell it based on the price of Litecoin when other coins are more profitable anyway?
Activity: 277
Activity: 384
Merit: 256

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
Why on Bitmain can you buy a replacement control board for the S9 and T9 but not the L3+, if it's a common issue with the L3+? Do the S9 and L3+ use the same board?

Was thinking of ordering one or two with my L3+ miners so I don't have any down time if one is shipped with a bad one, does it have to be shipped back as they don't offer replacements?

Probably not enough free baords. Not enough machines have died. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 974
Merit: 1000
I just wrote to Bitmain Support..

Will wait until they say something.. Shall i try to start the device with only one board? Or something similar?

Thank you..

I would shut the machine down and reseat and maybe shuffle all plugs. + the hash boards, even if that could potentially void your warranty.
Why on Bitmain can you buy a replacement control board for the S9 and T9 but not the L3+, if it's a common issue with the L3+? Do the S9 and L3+ use the same board?

Was thinking of ordering one or two with my L3+ miners so I don't have any down time if one is shipped with a bad one, does it have to be shipped back as they don't offer replacements?
Activity: 5
I just wrote to Bitmain Support..

Will wait until they say something.. Shall i try to start the device with only one board? Or something similar?

Thank you..
Activity: 420
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur
Hi guys.. This is my first post here and as every1 else, i am posting because i have a huge problem.. I got my L3+ on Thursday and i noticed right away that one board was reporting 67 ASICs instead of 72 but the hashing rate was indeed 504 MH/s.. So i left it like that and got to bed.. On Friday that same board was full of xxxxxx, so what i did is i read this exact topic and did a pool switch.. Aftertahat i rebooted the device and everything was fine.. (67 ASICS) reported still.. On Friday afternoon my problems started.. Hashing board just disapeared from my Web Interface.. After that one (with 67 ASICS) second one disapeared, than the third and finaly the last one.. So now, non of the 4 hashing boards are not detected..

I am using original PSU from Bitmain, and i did check all the cables.. They look normal to me. I have also reflashd the device with the firmware from their web site (altho it is the same FW as before) but this did not help..

What i have noticed before, is that on the InfoPage there was a MSG saying something like: Socket Connect failed - Connection refused (for hardware version)

Do u have any idea what could be the problem?

I actuall used the miner for 8 hours.. Thats pretty much it..

PS: I did not overclock the miner if this is important!?

Thank you in advance guys..

I did not have the same problems. And thank god I didn't.

But I had the same error message on one of mine. The boards itself however are working fine.

In my case the Control Board is broke. Thats why i get the Socket Connect failed - Connection refused message and my miner is rebooting every 3 minutes.

I would bet on the control board being defective. If that is the case you need to exchange it.

sorry mate I know how it feels waiting months and getting broke machines
Jump to: