Author

Topic: Launching the Antminer L3+, World's Most Powerful and Efficient Litecoin Miner - page 138. (Read 284869 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Anybody know why the l3+ seems to be keeping such a good return on hashrate $50+ a day

I presume you're mining with ProHashing or some other auto-profit switching pool. We're seeing an average of $51/day as well. Lots of people are just mining litecoin and throwing away 50% of their potential profits.

I didn't think those websites were legitimate where it switches what you mine based on profits. ProHashing is a good one you say? Very interesting.

Up until a while ago I was under the assumption that the L3+ could only mine Litecoins.
Activity: 384
Merit: 256
Anybody know why the l3+ seems to be keeping such a good return on hashrate $50+ a day

I presume you're mining with ProHashing or some other auto-profit switching pool. We're seeing an average of $51/day as well. Lots of people are just mining litecoin and throwing away 50% of their potential profits.

Edit: I failed to mention that I'm slightly overclocking mine to 400Mhz (384 is the default).
Activity: 420
Tax Attorney - Investor - Entrepreneur

This figure is not even close to the real payout.  Ave. real payout is sub 30$.  With fees for mining and withdraw.

Due to the high fluctuation ever couple seconds.   Also the price is that "high" because BTC moves up 100 bucks a day

So why does my nice hash say I have £450 since the 8th of August?

I don't know how many machines you got there and payments around the 8th have been a lot higher than right now.

But fact is, payout is most of the time 2/3 of what calculator spit out
Activity: 364
Merit: 101
As it's bought from other user which haven't been online for over a month i can't get Order ID which i need to send it back to Bitmain. Will wait until Bitmain warranty starts accepting reapirs of L3+ then send to them(they said after few weeks).

You can send the boards back to Bitmain and the out of warranty repair cost from Bitmain is not bad.  The bad part is the time it takes for it to finally get to the repair facility, the repair to get done, and then get the boards back to you. 

The average I would say is 1-1.5 months total to get a board repair completed.  The cost per board repair for the last ones I sent in were $35 per hash board.  So the cost itself isn't bad.  It is the time and opportunity cost that is the killer.  At least with these miners you can send in just a bad board.  The S9/T9/R4 you have to send the entire miner back and that is killer.

If you are in the US you can send to the US address and that dramatically reduces the shipping cost, but it doesn't speed up the time at all for the repair.  Don't waste your money sending overnight or express mail or anything because once it gets to that address it is all slow boat to China from there. 

Bitmain Warranty would turn it around much faster, but of course you pay a lot more to get the work done.

Is it possible to purchase just a board from anywhere reputable? Would be a nice way to stem the losses.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
As it's bought from other user which haven't been online for over a month i can't get Order ID which i need to send it back to Bitmain. Will wait until Bitmain warranty starts accepting reapirs of L3+ then send to them(they said after few weeks).

You can send the boards back to Bitmain and the out of warranty repair cost from Bitmain is not bad.  The bad part is the time it takes for it to finally get to the repair facility, the repair to get done, and then get the boards back to you. 

The average I would say is 1-1.5 months total to get a board repair completed.  The cost per board repair for the last ones I sent in were $35 per hash board.  So the cost itself isn't bad.  It is the time and opportunity cost that is the killer.  At least with these miners you can send in just a bad board.  The S9/T9/R4 you have to send the entire miner back and that is killer.

If you are in the US you can send to the US address and that dramatically reduces the shipping cost, but it doesn't speed up the time at all for the repair.  Don't waste your money sending overnight or express mail or anything because once it gets to that address it is all slow boat to China from there. 

Bitmain Warranty would turn it around much faster, but of course you pay a lot more to get the work done.

legendary
Activity: 974
Merit: 1000

Maybe you could try it with the serial number, they should be able to find the order ID the unit went out with.
Activity: 136
Merit: 10

This figure is not even close to the real payout.  Ave. real payout is sub 30$.  With fees for mining and withdraw.

Due to the high fluctuation ever couple seconds.   Also the price is that "high" because BTC moves up 100 bucks a day

of how many units that is?
Nicehash is not accurate. its data is borderline to scam.

Bro what di you mean by scam to Nicehash
Activity: 322
Merit: 100

of how many units that is?
Nicehash is not accurate. its data is borderline to scam.
Activity: 277

Activity: 1078
Merit: 255
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Most likely dead board. I had a dead board last week.

Did you send your board in to bitmain or did they just ship you a new one? what happend..

Due to the high fluctuation ever couple seconds.   Also the price is that "high" because BTC moves up 100 bucks a day
Activity: 277
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1465
Clueless!
For those interested (not me) they SEEM to have Bitmain D3's on the Bitmain site for the last hour (could be a web error) but the price is showing up in

black.

Me...not interested in anymore at 1,450 with the difficulty dump ..says shipping Nov 24th to 30th

been up 1 hour..not a lot of interest it seems

Good Luck. (me I'm standing pat on 1 batch 2 and 1 batch 3 only)

edit: price w/o shipping (that shows up in the sales page at the time of this post)

1450 USD    ( 0.3232271 BTC; 31.86813187 LTC )
Activity: 15
wow that blows....  I was lucky restart did the trick with mine  Sad   Did you contact bit main already? I hope they will allow you to send only the board instead of the whole miner

As I understood, Bitmain's requirements are to send whole miner to them.
And sending whole miner is a loss profit for me because of 2 months delay. With 3 hashboards i can make profit to buy one hashboard in one month I think.

Who has an expirience in sending only hashboards to Bitmain for warranty repair?
Activity: 651
Merit: 500

Guys, do you have problems with any of your L3+ hashboards? Second hashboard shows different number of chips (2 or 20 but not 72) and has only "xxxxxxx".

How long did you guys run your miners?

What temp did the chips have and did you overclock them?

Do you have them at home or in a data center
Restart does not help.
Miner was running only one week without any overclocking. Temperature on chips was around 61-65 C. I have it at home.

wow that blows....  I was lucky restart did the trick with mine  Sad   Did you contact bit main already? I hope they will allow you to send only the board instead of the whole miner

for me power off for 10secs helped

Guys, do you have problems with any of your L3+ hashboards? Second hashboard shows different number of chips (2 or 20 but not 72) and has only "xxxxxxx".

Restart does not help.
Miner was running only one week without any overclocking. Temperature on chips was around 61-65 C. I have it at home.

Activity: 15

Restart does not help.
legendary
Activity: 986
Merit: 1001

Try to change the pool, that should solve that problem, you can change it again for your actual pool. Most of the time when you change the pool all the Hardware errors just clean to 0 and the infamous "xxxxxx" reset to "000000"

Jump to: