Pages:
Author

Topic: LBRY.IO - DICUSSION THREAD - page 48. (Read 362577 times)

legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again
August 08, 2017, 10:59:04 AM
You should really reach out for some controversial big Youtubers.

Rewarding them for uploading on LBRY and promoting the Plattform to their Userbase.

Guys like Molyneux, Sargon, Kraut and Tea, Styxenhammer and so on..
This whole Patreon, Youtube 1984 Thing should affect a lot of PPL and is a big Chance to bring the Plattform to a wider Crowd.
In it current State its atleast perfect for backup Uploads for these Type of Fellas.

Youtube Goes Full 1984, Promises to Hide "Offensive" Content Without Recourse- We Must Oppose This>>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dQwd2SvFok

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
August 07, 2017, 10:59:59 PM
LBRY is a free, open and community digital marketplace.
You own your data. You control the network. Indeed, you are the network. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
August 07, 2017, 07:38:33 PM
Hi,

Can someone help me out setting up a ccminer for mining Lbry with nvidia gpu ?

I've been following this guide, but it doesn't work: https://steemit.com/beyondbitcoin/@contentjunkie/how-to-mine-lbry-credits-with-an-nvidia-gpu-on-windows

I get this (trying to use suprnova):

https://s2.postimg.org/mu9bp2frt/Image_001.png

Instructions on Suprnova for Lbry are just for sgminer and not for ccminer :/
I'm also noob at this.

Thanks

you can go into the Slack Channel and they have mining guides made by members pinned in their #mining channel
they also have AMD instructions at lbry://lbryamdminer, but ya no for ccminer they have a guide there Smiley
The link to join is: http://slack.lbry.io  , hope to see you there! 
legendary
Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020
August 07, 2017, 06:01:03 PM
If you are having trouble streaming/downloading ANY file on LBRY, think I found a solution:

The problem is most likely dues because of some conflicts on port 4444 which is used to find hosting peers. Your particular situation may be different, but it's worth a try!
To manually change this port:
1) Shutdown LBRY and lbrynet-daemon (check running processes)
2) Go to your lbrynet folder (see https://lbry.io/faq/lbry-directories)
3) If you have a daemon_settings.yml file, add this line to it at the end: dht_node_port: 44444
4) if you don't have the daemon_settings.yml file, download and drop this one into the lbrynet folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/tkqelvkvwqw237k/daemon_settings.yml?dl=0
5) Start LBRY and try to download a couple items from the homepage. Start with the top left most video - Casually Explained. Be patient, if it doesn't work, leave the page and try again or a different video.
6) Depending on your network, you may need port 44444 UDP (the new port we just setup) forwarded. Also, for file sharing to work properly, you may need port 3333 (TCP) open/forwarded (check canyouseeme.org for 3333. 44444 will fail since its UDP)
7) If you continue to have issues, send us your log file to [email protected] - https://lbry.io/faq/how-to-find-lbry-log-file

Also, just a friendly reminder about seeding/uploading - you need to have port 3333 open on canyouseeme.org in order to successfully share content!
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
August 07, 2017, 04:03:37 PM
Why are we going to the moon?

3 proper reasons please. Thank you. Kiss
Activity: 41
August 07, 2017, 03:58:22 PM
You are ready to the MOOONNNNNNN ?)))))))))))))))))) Yes baby!!!
Why are we going to the moon now?

Because bitcoin is ~3300 now. After bitcoin go Etherium and Zcash and after all altcoins.

This has no logic to happen.

Agreed, its not logical-but that's basically what usually happens. As soon as bitcoin calms down a little the alts are going to go mental.
Its logical because  BTC trade vs USD  and altcoins trade BTC/LBRY. Think deeper.   
Activity: 13
August 07, 2017, 03:55:08 PM

Because bitcoin is ~3300 now. After bitcoin go Etherium and Zcash and after all altcoins.

Agreed, its not logical-but that's basically what usually happens. As soon as bitcoin calms down a little the alts are going to go mental.
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
August 07, 2017, 02:16:28 PM

August 07, 2017, 01:52:44 PM

Activity: 476
Merit: 278
August 07, 2017, 12:13:51 PM
August 07, 2017, 09:10:21 AM
Activity: 35
August 07, 2017, 03:47:25 AM
No marketing or advertising for LBRY?  Undecided
Activity: 10
August 06, 2017, 04:31:36 PM
Lbry is wack, p2p videos is so 1999. Getting the program off my Mac was literally impossible. In this day & age of tablets, lbry is useless. Lbry forces users to have to download memory eating videos onto their user terminals. This makes no sense whatsoever. Sure people who bought this coin are going to say Lbry is the best thing since yada-yada-yada (typical hype)... but regular everyday folk are never going to use lbry, they could care less if its decentralized or not. Downloading videos direct to a terminal is archaic, pointless and annoying. I sold all of my Lbry coin, lbry = crap coin... Besides all of this I emailed my lbry issues to Reilly Smith , their customer service rep (see link below). It's been over 12 days and still response.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUV7svdfTVvZmZleDhKYW9ycVE/view?usp=sharing

I understand where you are coming from, when you watch anything you have to essentially download it. So say you watch a couple movies...well that eats up a lot of space on your hard drive.

I still think that LBRY has potential for other types of files though, most importantly e-books.

So I agree with you in a sense but I wouldn't say it's completely useless.

kindle
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
August 06, 2017, 07:59:45 AM
Guys what about distrubution 10 coins for registatrion? Is this still working and when we will receive our coins?
Activity: 896
Merit: 290
August 05, 2017, 11:31:01 PM
Lbry is wack, p2p videos is so 1999. Getting the program off my Mac was literally impossible. In this day & age of tablets, lbry is useless. Lbry forces users to have to download memory eating videos onto their user terminals. This makes no sense whatsoever. Sure people who bought this coin are going to say Lbry is the best thing since yada-yada-yada (typical hype)... but regular everyday folk are never going to use lbry, they could care less if its decentralized or not. Downloading videos direct to a terminal is archaic, pointless and annoying. I sold all of my Lbry coin, lbry = crap coin... Besides all of this I emailed my lbry issues to Reilly Smith , their customer service rep (see link below). It's been over 12 days and still response.

I understand where you are coming from, when you watch anything you have to essentially download it. So say you watch a couple movies...well that eats up a lot of space on your hard drive.

I still think that LBRY has potential for other types of files though, most importantly e-books.

So I agree with you in a sense but I wouldn't say it's completely useless.
August 05, 2017, 10:28:39 PM
well for one, what year it this? ;p  " download memory eating videos onto their user terminals. "   what the hell are you even talking about?  lol
LBRY is a decentralized content network, think youtube meets bittorrent, where CREATORS keep 100% of THEIR money and USERS are paid to help "seed" the network.
For two: Reilly smith is not their customer service rep, did you not even READ lbry.io/team? maybe an email to [email protected] would have been better as per the site...
For three: you are NOT an "investor" . you bought tokens on a free market. Lbry.inc never solicited a penny from you in an scammy ICO so get over your bad decisions and blame who pushed the buy button.  Lbry's only "investors" AFAIK are Pillar.Inc (VC), and THEIR OWN TIME AND $$$  

Why  dont you try and use the program before making such a misguided  post. To view a lbry vid, that vid  must be  dl'd to an end terminal. I love the concept  of cutting out the  middle  man,  but if you look at this  objectivity [which you obviously  arn't] you would  realize  lbry is junk. Regardless of how much users  get paid to "help seed the network", those  vids take up  alot of real estate  on a harddrive... technology as a whole is moving toward   smaller harddrives/ cloud computung/tablets/large cell phones.

A content creator has two goals  1) Exposure 2) Profit .... Even though  YouTube takes large portions of the profits, it's balanced  out  by the billion +  number of users they have.  More users = more  exposure = more money for  creator's.

"you are NOT an "investor"  Huh why do you jump to the  conclusion  that  I was  only reffering   to my btc  investment?  My email to  Reilly  had nothing to do with the few bucks that were spent. I invested my personal time and exposed  my computer to their beta release.  I am a potential  customer .... customers/users =  investors. Where would lbry be without  a user base??? Lbry is a rinky dinky start up... users  are their  bread an butter. The  fact  that its been two weeks and no response   further  cements the notion  that  lbry is unprofessional/amateur.  I hope that im wrong  and  they get their act straightened out, but my gut feeling tells me they  won't.  This  coin is definitely a dump. Invest  in another  coin, there's  alot  of winners out  there  you may be missing out  on ...
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
August 05, 2017, 04:48:15 PM

well for one, what year it this? ;p  " download memory eating videos onto their user terminals. "   what the hell are you even talking about?  lol
LBRY is a decentralized content network, think youtube meets bittorrent, where CREATORS keep 100% of THEIR money and USERS are paid to help "seed" the network.
For two: Reilly smith is not their customer service rep, did you not even READ lbry.io/team? maybe an email to [email protected] would have been better as per the site...
For three: you are NOT an "investor" . you bought tokens on a free market. Lbry.inc never solicited a penny from you in an scammy ICO so get over your bad decisions and blame who pushed the buy button.  Lbry's only "investors" AFAIK are Pillar.Inc (VC), and THEIR OWN TIME AND $$$

Pfft, some people's kids...
Activity: 980
Merit: 253
August 05, 2017, 04:36:36 PM
Blocknet LBRY, Say whaaa?  That's great guys, i noticed there's been alot of work to get that done the last few weeks, and seeing it's successful looks great, good job!
Ya the CC is JUST FOR REWARDS, and was just to stop scammers, totally nessicary IMO. Tbh, if you have been a beta tester your already in and dont even SEE that in your client, just new users do

You are not wrong, my bro. It a perfect decision. I'm sometimes fascinated to sell but I see how the future of this coin is and stop selling them.
August 05, 2017, 04:26:02 PM

Activity: 462
Merit: 109
August 05, 2017, 03:09:37 PM
What's next on the roadmap?

Hi, check this out, roadmap for nearest future - https://lbry.io/roadmap  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: