Pages:
Author

Topic: LBRY.IO - DICUSSION THREAD - page 72. (Read 362583 times)

legendary
Activity: 1191
Merit: 1001
June 29, 2017, 11:13:11 AM
All - if you get stuck on "Waiting for Name resolution", please update to RC9 (https://github.com/lbryio/lbry-app/releases) . There was a claim posted which caused an issue on daemon versions 0.12.x and below.
Info from official slack.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
June 29, 2017, 09:36:23 AM
until now still not work  Angry
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
June 29, 2017, 08:28:58 AM
Had same desktop wallet problem, now it works.

Please, think of me as noob, not as hater. Your examples with IBM and DASH are good, but what about things that were considered usefull and actually were useless? Maybe you are victims to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivorship_bias ? What if Youtube allows to pay for YoutubeRed with BTC? And how LBRY will get amount of online users allowing 24/7 fast streaming? And then 4k60fps will become standard and LBRY will need even more online users to maintain acceptable speed.
I think if LBRY is good because it has video-app, video-app has to be really good and has potential to become popular. I just don't see how this will happen.
Activity: 148
Merit: 10
June 29, 2017, 08:05:33 AM
Working now
wallet desktop win stuck "Testing Network Waiting for name resolution" how to solved ?

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
June 29, 2017, 06:29:15 AM
wallet desktop win stuck "Testing Network Waiting for name resolution" how to solved ?

Activity: 1
June 29, 2017, 06:05:57 AM
Currently mining with a 1080 GTX, getting 376 mh/s on console log after a bit of overclocking, but the pool share rate and hash rate is variable as hell. What difficulty should i aim for to stabilize it, it's impossible to calculate my average hashrate like this.
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
June 29, 2017, 05:26:39 AM
What is your power at wall with GTX 1060? I couldn't get reasonable priced PSU and I only have 850W for 6 cards :/
Activity: 125
Merit: 35
June 29, 2017, 04:45:35 AM
I'm using afterburner, but I think that my configuration is not correct, because peaks appear in the graph

Could you give me your opinions? Actually, I'm in 470KH/s with one 1080ti.

You get peaks because you use the GPU to feed your monitor as well.
If your pc is idle and not feeding a display you would not have those.
You can reduce them but they are not hurting your average hashrate that much.

Another option is to get a crap gpu to feed your monitor but it'd be a pain in the buttocks if you want to use the GPU for gaming.

You can try to reduce the load by trimming all possible visual stuff in windows & chrome (or whatever browser you might use) by disabling hardware acceleration.

At 85% tdp, 1760 core & 5300 memory I'm seeing ~460KH/s, throw +500 memory in there and you'll see a decent increase.
Activity: 523
Merit: 300
June 29, 2017, 02:36:38 AM
What ? LBC is used on the platform to pay for the content, so yeah it does have a big role and there is a reason to buy.
There were also rumours(not really official though) that they will also accept all ERC20 tokens as payment, which will be converted to LBC in the background and drive it's price up.
So yeah, there is a lot of incentive for the price to go up!

But why use LBC when you could use dollar so makers and viewers won't have to think about best way to exchange their money and won't have to worry about their LBC price changing all the time. If anybody is going to make same decentralized videohosting but use dollars as their currency they will be one step ahead of LBRY from the start. And they will have much less loading time. And what is left of LBC if we remove the app? Looks like another scamcoin with premine.
It's like I will announce new coin (with premine, ofc) and say "Hey, it's pretty decent coin, because my new CS:GO-hats market will use it!". And then no one will ask me "Why?" but only praise my coin or just hate it.

Kenneth Olsen, founder of DEC(major american company and IBM's rival at that time), said in 1977 that "there is no reason for individuals to have personal computers at home". Today we have a computer in every home, and no one remembers DEC.

If you're still thinking that dollar is the future, then think again!!
Activity: 5
June 29, 2017, 01:59:51 AM
I'm using afterburner, but I think that my configuration is not correct, because peaks appear in the graph

Could you give me your opinions? Actually, I'm in 470KH/s with one 1080ti.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/mfzSlAY9QAuJ_Gg-vK8Lkg.jpeg
June 28, 2017, 09:58:59 PM
What ? LBC is used on the platform to pay for the content, so yeah it does have a big role and there is a reason to buy.
There were also rumours(not really official though) that they will also accept all ERC20 tokens as payment, which will be converted to LBC in the background and drive it's price up.

But why use LBC when you could use dollar so makers and viewers won't have to think about best way to exchange their money and won't have to worry about their LBC price changing all the time. If anybody is going to make same decentralized videohosting but use dollars as their currency they will be one step ahead of LBRY from the start. And they will have much less loading time. And what is left of LBC if we remove the app? Looks like another scamcoin with premine.
It's like I will announce new coin (with premine, ofc) and say "Hey, it's pretty decent coin, because my new CS:GO-hats market will use it!". And then no one will ask me "Why?" but only praise my coin or just hate it.
Activity: 810
Merit: 258
June 28, 2017, 09:07:08 PM
How the hell you keep it so cold? And they need cryptocurency so they can be paid for adds etc,also you can't premine $

Dunno, 3 pretty big fans seem to do their job. This is the most expensive asus card so it should be this cold, I guess.

So when fanboys say "It will tothemoon because the app already works" they are wrong because app and coin are not connected basically? Even more, coin as in-app currency drags down the app popularity because who would want to deal with very volatile currency and waste time and commissions to exchange it? Is there any reason to buy LBC except "I've seen coins like it, they all tothemoon"?

Activity: 32
June 28, 2017, 08:43:49 PM
HI all, forgive me if my question is stupid, btw i am TRADER not a miner,
but i am curious to know if LBRY is mineable (and we know it is) then why Circulating Supply @Coinmarketcap  is same 68,524,524 LBC  ?
Thanks for your answers and your time.
Activity: 161
Merit: 100
June 28, 2017, 06:42:28 PM
June 28, 2017, 05:11:54 PM
How the hell you keep it so cold? And they need cryptocurency so they can be paid for adds etc,also you can't premine $

Dunno, 3 pretty big fans seem to do their job. This is the most expensive asus card so it should be this cold, I guess.

So when fanboys say "It will tothemoon because the app already works" they are wrong because app and coin are not connected basically? Even more, coin as in-app currency drags down the app popularity because who would want to deal with very volatile currency and waste time and commissions to exchange it? Is there any reason to buy LBC except "I've seen coins like it, they all tothemoon"?
Activity: 476
Merit: 278
June 28, 2017, 03:53:34 PM
Dunno about -i and -d, but here are mine results on ASUS ROG STRIX OC and MSI AERO OC
ccminer https://i.imgur.com/6j9KiFJ.jpg
ASUS https://i.imgur.com/ePUCJVY.jpg
I didn't overclock MSI because it's hot as it is. Guess blower coolers suck.

I had a question today I can't answer. Why does torrent-like streaming service needs its own cryptocurency?
June 28, 2017, 02:45:37 PM
How many LBRY do you get per day and which GPU if you don't mind?

Around 20.3 per day. 2x1080ti ~1000 mHs.
Activity: 810
Merit: 258
June 28, 2017, 02:38:14 PM
How many LBRY do you get per day and which GPU if you don't mind?
June 28, 2017, 02:05:36 PM
Dunno about -i and -d, but here are mine results on ASUS ROG STRIX OC and MSI AERO OC
ccminer https://i.imgur.com/6j9KiFJ.jpg
ASUS https://i.imgur.com/ePUCJVY.jpg
I didn't overclock MSI because it's hot as it is. Guess blower coolers suck.

I had a question today I can't answer. Why does torrent-like streaming service needs its own cryptocurency?
Activity: 966
Merit: 359
👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏
June 28, 2017, 01:34:00 PM
Here is FB group for LBRY miners
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1961052344127892/
Pages:
Jump to: