Pages:
Author

Topic: Legendary one day? - page 2. (Read 103000 times)

legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
September 25, 2018, 06:30:22 PM
I haven't worked out how the Legendary lottery works. You need to get a minimum of merit and activity, and then it appears to go into a predefined calculation, and it seems to be a function of activity, post count, and member name.
You can check this topic:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/special-hero-question-4594234
Or these posts:
Post #1
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41521937
Post #2
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.35423016
Post #3
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.35865187

I can tell you nearly everything about this 'Legendary Lottery' except the 'salt' Theymos uses in the database...
This predefined calculation is not a difficult thing to understand, but you cannot do anything without the 'salt'...
I was just a few activity periods away from becoming a Legendary, before the Merit system was introduced, this is why I've read everything about it after...

The Hero to Legendary cut off was one of the most brutal to require 500 merits for the next level, so it was good that theymos provided a few more members the extra 500 merits benefit of the doubt so long as they had already reached the minimum legendary activity level by the time of the January 24, 2018 implementation date (even if they were still then hero members).   On the other hand, if you were almost to the minimum activity level as a hero member but not quite there, then you did not get the extra 500 merits .. so a bit tougher to build up 500 merits.. could take a couple of years, even if you work hard... even though there are about 23 members who have already earned 500 merits, but most of those members were already well established forum members. 

By the way, I think that the merit system presumes an average of about a merit per day for active members, which seems a bit of a high presumption, so maybe 1/4 to 1/2 merit per day on average would be more achievable for regularly active members?
legendary
September 25, 2018, 06:20:45 PM

Ranking up to Legendary is the same as previously, except the 1,000 merit requirement is added on since January 2018.

I understand that, but members are starting to differentiate between "earned" merits, and air dropped merits.

Oh?  o.k.  I must have misread your point, a bit.  I have seen some of that too.

The whole matter seems kind of petty, but there could be some value in such distinctions with the passage of time, and perhaps making broader assessments or circumstances in which the differentiation shows recent activism and recent contributions.  I suppose, also, with the passage of time, if administrators might be able to possibly make some policy and practice decisions based on account activities and whether certain accounts are failing to earn any merits. 

There does seem to be some pettiness to the whole matter of merit measuring if we look at it minutely, even though in broader sweeps there could be some credible assessments that are made based on these kinds of matters.  Perhaps showing which members are active and generally providing useful post contributions, rather than I am better than you kinds of claims?
Activity: 1442
Merit: 629
Vires in Numeris
September 25, 2018, 03:00:29 PM
I haven't worked out how the Legendary lottery works. You need to get a minimum of merit and activity, and then it appears to go into a predefined calculation, and it seems to be a function of activity, post count, and member name.
You can check this topic:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/special-hero-question-4594234
Or these posts:
Post #1
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.41521937
Post #2
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.35423016
Post #3
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.35865187

I can tell you nearly everything about this 'Legendary Lottery' except the 'salt' Theymos uses in the database...
This predefined calculation is not a difficult thing to understand, but you cannot do anything without the 'salt'...
I was just a few activity periods away from becoming a Legendary, before the Merit system was introduced, this is why I've read everything about it after...
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
September 25, 2018, 01:40:34 PM

Ranking up to Legendary is the same as previously, except the 1,000 merit requirement is added on since January 2018.

I understand that, but members are starting to differentiate between "earned" merits, and air dropped merits.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
September 25, 2018, 01:24:57 PM
Forget Legendary. These days, people are struggling to be a Jr. Member.
Let' make a thread for Jr.member one day. Cheesy Because it is now dream for many of the forum members even myself have lot of activity but hard to find the merits. Sad
legendary
September 25, 2018, 10:30:46 AM
Got the merits.. now need the activity! I wasn't fussed about leveling up, now that I have cracked the 1K merits I think it will piss me off every 2 weeks. The way my luck is running I wont get it till over 1K activity!

I'll be interested to see what advantages will be gained if the 1,000 earned merits club is introduced.

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 2444
https://JetCash.com
September 25, 2018, 05:30:00 AM
Got the merits.. now need the activity! I wasn't fussed about leveling up, now that I have cracked the 1K merits I think it will piss me off every 2 weeks. The way my luck is running I wont get it till over 1K activity!

I'll be interested to see what advantages will be gained if the 1,000 earned merits club is introduced.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
September 24, 2018, 09:10:40 PM
Woop woop! 1022 for me apparently. About time.

When does the hazing start?

Usually peeps don't want to be hazed, and since you are requesting hazing, the best hazing might be to ignore you.  hahahahha   Tongue Tongue

Reverse psychology works every time. Grin Damn. No hazing for me I guess. This is the worst Legendirthday ever. Angry

We should be glad that we join and participate in this awesome community before those changes. Cheesy.
legendary
Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050
September 22, 2018, 02:23:23 PM

Usually peeps don't want to be hazed, and since you are requesting hazing, the best hazing might be to ignore you.  hahahahha   Tongue Tongue

Reverse psychology works every time. Grin Damn. No hazing for me I guess. This is the worst Legendirthday ever. Angry
legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122
September 17, 2018, 11:21:55 PM

legendary
September 17, 2018, 09:52:51 PM

legendary
Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122
September 17, 2018, 09:47:12 PM

legendary
Activity: 916
Merit: 1003
May 04, 2018, 03:11:29 PM
By the way, I am thinking that stevegee might be a relative of mine, perhaps a cousin 5 or 8 times removed.  Perhaps?

That's right bro.  We Gees gotta stick together!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1097
Bounty Mngr & Article Writer https://goo.gl/p4Agsh
May 02, 2018, 11:49:52 PM
Ah Shit you got it bro.. when did it happen?
Didn't manage to get it before 1000, but 1008 was the lucky one.
Thanks Smiley

I think I will be the one to continue your legacy for being a hero forever. All my friend account are already turned to legendary even though we started to join in this forum almost in the same month. Hoping for that shiny purple coin will be added soon on mine in next update. I think that involving and commenting on this thread will gives a good chime.
Activity: 375
Merit: 1021
Just in case no one loves you, I love you 3000.
April 29, 2018, 10:13:28 AM

Hey! I have not seen you around here in a while and did not notice you'd finally ranked up to Legendary.  Congratulation; you earned it.
Thanks Smiley

Seeing you guys with that rank is so inspiring not because you started long ago but your post helped many people. I have been reading some of your helpful post during my anonymous days. The journey maybe long for us but I will see myself just like you guys.  Be Positive.

L Zone is just a step away TMAN Wink

Congrats and Cheers. See you at the top.
copper member
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874
Goodbye, Z.
April 29, 2018, 09:42:07 AM

Hey! I have not seen you around here in a while and did not notice you'd finally ranked up to Legendary.  Congratulation; you earned it.
Thanks Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064
April 29, 2018, 09:24:19 AM
I know this is only really minor part of the userbase, but I hope someone can understand the motivation behind this post Smiley
I also know that for most of the users it doesn't matter if they know that they have reached the activity limit and they need only the merits or they have to gather both (because it doesn't matter in the end), but from my point of view, it can be a motivation to see that someone has already managed to gather the necessary activity and only have to harden the efforts to deliver quality content to gain enough merits to rank up...

For most people, merit will be the limiting factor. People who are close to achieving legendary status can focus on achieving the required merit levels, the activity will automatically accumulate.
Vires in Numeris
April 29, 2018, 07:32:35 AM
I'm wondering if it's possible for the Hero members to check somehow if they have already reached the activity limit to become a Legendary, and it's only Merits that holds the rank up process back.
This is only a problem of the Hero members who already reached the 775 activity (and haven't reached 1030), but don't have 1000 Merits. Before the merit system, if you have reached the 775 activity limit, you were waiting for every second Tuesday to see if you have ranked up to Legendary or not, and if you were really unlucky, you had to wait until 1030 activity to become a Legendary, but as soon as you have reached the activity limit, you became a Legendary.
After the Merit system, those Hero members who were so unlucky that they there were only a few activity periods away from the rank up minimum of the Legendary rank, now are in a doubt, they don't know if they have already reached their personal activity limit and they only need to gather Merits (if they are below the 1030 activity), or they still need to gather the activity too, because they haven't reached their limit already.
I know this is only really minor part of the userbase, but I hope someone can understand the motivation behind this post Smiley
I also know that for most of the users it doesn't matter if they know that they have reached the activity limit and they need only the merits or they have to gather both (because it doesn't matter in the end), but from my point of view, it can be a motivation to see that someone has already managed to gather the necessary activity and only have to harden the efforts to deliver quality content to gain enough merits to rank up...
Vires in Numeris
April 23, 2018, 05:02:41 PM

Haha, yeah it seems sad but I was happy to become Legendary too Grin
I think I reached it at around the mid 800’s in Activity terms. You’ll reach it in no time buddy, you’ve already done the hard bit getting to 1000 Merit points seems as though you must have started at 500 with the new system?

Itll come in time fella.. not that it actually makes much difference to me.
Congrats, it seems you'll be really the first one who made it to become a legendary with the merits you have deserved.
Take it easy and think about the others, who maybe has already reached the activity level but they're still struggling with the merits... seems so similar but it's a totally different problem Smiley
It's better for you that you don't know when you will become a legendary, but it's only depens on your luck because you have done your work now so the question is not about becoming a legendary but when.
I have read about the legendary activity calculation in a thread somewhere, and it seems that a function calculates the activity needed from the hash of a text (which contains your user ID and some 'salt' in the database which is a secret seed) and because of the unique user ID, it differs for each member.
Don't be impatient, you're fine already with your achievement, so be proud of it instead Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
April 23, 2018, 03:52:00 AM

Haha, yeah it seems sad but I was happy to become Legendary too Grin
I think I reached it at around the mid 800’s in Activity terms. You’ll reach it in no time buddy, you’ve already done the hard bit getting to 1000 Merit points seems as though you must have started at 500 with the new system?

Itll come in time fella.. not that it actually makes much difference to me.
Pages:
Jump to: