Pages:
Author

Topic: Let There Be Dark! Bitcoin Dark Wallet - page 5. (Read 50217 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
April 04, 2014, 05:48:09 PM
Dont think dark wallet will be a good name, makes it sound bad, why not use White wallet?

Let me guess.  You're white.

-B-
Activity: 1372
Merit: 783
better everyday ♥
April 04, 2014, 05:22:47 PM
Ehh, I'll stick with Bitcoin Core.

Don't want to send any BTC using a Chrome plug-in.  NO THANKS!
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
April 04, 2014, 05:12:19 PM
Dont think dark wallet will be a good name, makes it sound bad, why not use White wallet?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
April 04, 2014, 04:55:21 PM
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bitcoin-dark-wallet

Something doesn't add up. Even though they hoped to raise $50K USD, they did reach that goal, and then some by amassing $52,075 USD. But, once you subtract the PERKS that have to be doled out, depending on what funding level one contributed at, a big chuck of that $52K+ USD was no longer available to Team Dark Wallet.

Also, their donation address - https://blockchain.info/address/32wRDBezxnazSBxMrMqLWqD1ajwEqnDnMc - currently has 7.08661531 unspent BTC, equating to $3,175.51 at today's exchange rate.

This post is not meant as a diss, for I have no qualms with any of those involved in this noble project, but presented such for full disclosure purposes only.

God speed, all.

~Bruno Kucinskas
legendary
Activity: 1176
minds.com/Wilikon
April 04, 2014, 04:30:33 PM
Whats wrong with the normal bitcoin wallet ?

You would need to start by clicking on the first post of this thread. Then click on the included link.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
April 04, 2014, 04:21:45 PM
Whats wrong with the normal bitcoin wallet ?
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
April 04, 2014, 04:07:41 PM

It is amazing that, no matter how complex and math based this bitcoin Core ecosystem is, it is still very organic. Based on humans. The market will decide how far this experimentation is going as a whole. It is purely a reaction - counter reaction situation. We may not see the day of the end of this experimentation but I am grateful to be alive to see this.

The last IRS news makes me think how visionary Satoshi was.
Believe a bitcoin's coming, ups and downs, have greatly small disturbance, but can not be denied is the currency has the characteristics and Enlightenment of it, the future value of more people to be long-term focus. I hope we will be able to see all this

So much FUD and not even version 1.0
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 28, 2014, 08:38:43 AM

It is amazing that, no matter how complex and math based this bitcoin Core ecosystem is, it is still very organic. Based on humans. The market will decide how far this experimentation is going as a whole. It is purely a reaction - counter reaction situation. We may not see the day of the end of this experimentation but I am grateful to be alive to see this.

Believe a bitcoin's coming, ups and downs, have greatly small disturbance, but can not be denied is the currency has the characteristics and Enlightenment of it, the future value of more people to be long-term focus. I hope we will be able to see all this
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
March 28, 2014, 06:40:23 AM
What does it do exactly.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
March 27, 2014, 01:21:03 PM
Please provide all infos about Dark Wallet to the central coin privacy thread.

It will be added to OP.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/coin-privacy-overview-comparison-and-rating-539777
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
March 27, 2014, 12:52:20 PM

it is still very organic. Based on humans. The market will decide how far this experimentation is going as a whole.

I like that quote!  So true
legendary
minds.com/Wilikon
March 27, 2014, 12:46:43 PM

copper member
Activity: 21
Merit: 3
February 23, 2014, 07:44:05 AM
Is there a site/blog (other than darkwallet.unsystem.net) where we can monitor the progress?

Watching the code commits (https://github.com/darkwallet/darkwallet) seems to be the best way... the devs are not doing a good job on news updates and such.  But there is progress as you can see  :-)
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
R.I.P Silk Road 1.0
February 20, 2014, 12:00:47 PM
Is it at all related to DarkWallet? Did DarkWallet ever even get started?
What a waste of donations. 
legendary
Activity: 1260
February 20, 2014, 11:38:54 AM
Darkcoin already has coinjoin working plus a few other thing in the pipeline.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/anndash-dash-dashorg-first-self-funding-self-governing-crypto-currency-421615
donator
Activity: 674
Merit: 522
February 20, 2014, 07:26:37 AM
Is there a site/blog (other than darkwallet.unsystem.net) where we can monitor the progress?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
January 14, 2014, 07:17:48 PM
lets wait for Zerocoin. thats a better solution:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3878992

where can i buy Zerocoin? Can´t find them on Coinmarketcap or other sites, which offer an overview of
existing crypto currencies. Or is Zerocoin still to launch?

take a look at my link, first page.  Wink

legendary
Activity: 1008
Let the chips fall where they may.
January 14, 2014, 05:15:17 PM

It seems a pretty safe method, except the needing to be careful part.
Sort of a manual form of trezor.

trezor  also does key calculations off-machine.

I reasoned that while a separate machine is ideal, malware can still piggy-back on USB keys.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
January 14, 2014, 05:13:05 PM

Do you mean the private keys are on your machine only at the time of a transaction?

Yes. I have been using Addresses generated off-line with Vanitygen. I only copy the private key immediately before sending the funds.

I installed multibit for "normal" transactions, but have not been able to actually spend any funds with it yet.

I think technically, all the coins are actually stored in the Block-chain Smiley

PS: I am not necessarily advocating other people adopt my practice. Manual transactions are error-prone and may involve unusually large mining fees if you are not careful.

I hope to upgrade to N-of-M +P2SH transactions for savings, but that is likely off-topic.

It seems a pretty safe method, except the needing to be careful part.
Sort of a manual form of trezor.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Let the chips fall where they may.
January 14, 2014, 05:06:51 PM

Do you mean the private keys are on your machine only at the time of a transaction?

Yes. I have been using Addresses generated off-line with Vanitygen. I only copy the private key immediately before sending the funds. Using this as an outline, but moving the private key step down

I installed multibit for "normal" transactions, but have not been able to actually spend any funds with it yet.

I think technically, all the coins are actually stored in the Block-chain Smiley

PS: I am not necessarily advocating other people adopt my practice. Manual transactions are error-prone and may involve unusually large mining fees if you are not careful.

I hope to upgrade to N-of-M +P2SH transactions for savings, but that is likely off-topic.
Pages:
Jump to: