Pages:
Author

Topic: Let There Be Dark! Bitcoin Dark Wallet - page 6. (Read 50217 times)

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
January 14, 2014, 04:09:38 PM
well, I have been using the sx tools to manually build transactions: without having the coins actually stored on my machine until I move them.

The project seems to be a effort to tie together a bunch of separate tools that together can replace Bitcoind that tries to do everything.

We probably think about these terms differently.  So I translate in my head when I read this, so please excuse my misunderstanding.  I never think of coins as stored on any machine except all of them, in the block chain, but to me it seems what you are saying is that you have coins spendable by a private key which is only sometimes stored on your machine?
A private key can be recorded on a machine, or not.
Do you mean the private keys are on your machine only at the time of a transaction?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1001
Let the chips fall where they may.
January 14, 2014, 11:57:25 AM
well, I have been using the sx tools to manually build transactions: without having the coins actually stored on my machine until I move them.

The project seems to be a effort to tie together a bunch of separate tools that together can replace Bitcoind that tries to do everything.
legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
January 11, 2014, 01:19:05 PM
Will this implement coinjoin by default for transactions or enable one to participate continuously in the background when running?

Doing Coinjoin transactions in the background sounds like a bad idea to me.

First, it would require a network-connected machine to have access to your private wallet keys.

Second, even if randomized, the "spam" transactions may be distinguishable from real transactions.

The way coinjoin integration should work is: if you don't need to send immediately, the client should look for other coinjoin participants.

I agree background transactions under the scenario you described would be a poor solution, one might easily imagine better implementations. 
The question was a sort of a shot in the dark as the Dark Wallet project seems opaque in what it delivers.
Is there some published feature list yet?  Or is it still at the stage of a bundle of hoped-for benefits and rhetoric?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Bitstamp trader
January 11, 2014, 01:12:14 PM
lets wait for Zerocoin. thats a better solution:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3878992

where can i buy Zerocoin? Can´t find them on Coinmarketcap or other sites, which offer an overview of
existing crypto currencies. Or is Zerocoin still to launch?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
January 11, 2014, 01:09:06 PM
lets wait for Zerocoin. thats a better solution:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3878992

legendary
January 11, 2014, 12:45:51 PM
Will this implement coinjoin by default for transactions or enable one to participate continuously in the background when running?

Doing Coinjoin transactions in the background sounds like a bad idea to me.

First, it would require a network-connected machine to have access to your private wallet keys.

Second, even if randomized, the "spam" transactions may be distinguishable from real transactions.

The way coinjoin integration should work is: if you don't need to send immediately, the client should look for other coinjoin participants.

legendary
Gresham's Lawyer
January 11, 2014, 10:16:57 AM
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
January 10, 2014, 07:27:16 AM
I want to believe this is possible, but I really have my doubts.

TPTB aren't TPTB for nothing.  They will find a way to bust this too.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Monero Evangelist
December 14, 2013, 10:19:44 PM
Please support the brain-storming about funding an real, independent, international and usefull bitcoin organisation/foundation, under:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/interest-in-free-world-bitcoin-foundation-371581
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076
December 14, 2013, 06:33:00 PM
http://cooperativa.cat/en/do-it-yourself-calafou_hacklab-at-dark-wallet-meeting/

productive meeting in milan. see update on indiegogo page.

legendary
Activity: 1148
In Satoshi I Trust
December 02, 2013, 06:38:09 PM

I'm hoping however zerocoin will be eventually implemented into bitcoin.

it will not. zerocoin will be released as a new coin in 2014 which you can swap for bitcoins. interesting times...
Activity: 153
November 28, 2013, 04:24:13 PM
Are you developing it in Barcelona?

edit: Never mind, I figured it out. (It's Milan.)
Activity: 378
Merit: 325
hivewallet.com
November 28, 2013, 02:44:01 PM
Despite the naysayers, Dark Wallet is being built before our very eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuPo5NJ-AZQ
Activity: 715
Merit: 500
Bitcoin Venezuela
November 26, 2013, 08:02:56 AM
It's a very interesting argument.
Both sides consider the other naive - the 'Foundation' side thinks it naive to think Bitcoin can grow without finding a common ground with the authorities, the 'go dark' side think it naive to think the authorities will ever cede any control voluntarily.

To be honest, whichever side I personally fall on, I'm happier knowing that both sides of the argument exist, and I'd like them both to continue to exist.
This.

This must be pasted on every discussion where these two sides collide.
Activity: 210
November 26, 2013, 12:15:10 AM
It's a very interesting argument.
Both sides consider the other naive - the 'Foundation' side thinks it naive to think Bitcoin can grow without finding a common ground with the authorities, the 'go dark' side think it naive to think the authorities will ever cede any control voluntarily.

To be honest, whichever side I personally fall on, I'm happier knowing that both sides of the argument exist, and I'd like them both to continue to exist.
This.
hivewallet.com
November 25, 2013, 12:55:06 PM
Despite the naysayers, Dark Wallet is being built before our very eyes.
legendary
November 23, 2013, 02:48:49 AM

Even if he is the second coming of Jesus, that does not necessarily mean he is a god. The Muslim view is that Jesus was a prophet.

Must re-read the book of revelations.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1013
November 22, 2013, 05:38:45 PM
I don't see any innovation in this project. Like Mike said, it's just yet another Electrum. And I don't understand how they improve privacy with centralized model?

And yes, too much conspiracy and too less technical details.

PS. Mike Hearn is an asshole.
hivewallet.com
Pages:
Jump to: