Pages:
Author

Topic: Letting the cat out of the bag - page 6. (Read 557 times)

Activity: 1526
Merit: 332
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 18, 2023, 05:34:23 AM
If you are facing gambling addictions and you are keeping it all to yourself, you are worsening your problem, find someone who is close to you and open up to them, letting it all out will bring you some relieve and hopefully you will get better, don't wait till you hit the rock bottom before you say it all out.
This is going to be weird to you OP but this solution of opening up to them is the most out of touch advice that I've heard before, addicts hide their addictions or habit from people that they love for a reason that only those addicts know, what you're saying in all of this stuff is pretty easy for you to type because you're not an addict yourself although I could be wrong about it because there are some reformed addicts out there that will do the same advice but I got to say, you are leaning too much on being an out of touch with your advice. Of course they want to do that, but they can never do that unless they do it themselves, remember that if someone wants to get some help that they need to help themselves first because outside help be useless when the person is not willing or wants the help.
Activity: 1694
Merit: 516
November 18, 2023, 05:20:46 AM
How many people have you been able to change after they get addicted to gambling? And what is there level of addiction?

There seems to be a rise of gambling addiction related topics again here on the forum. I am wondering if really more people are struggling with an addiction now or if the older topics are just not so present anymore. You can find a lot of material here that will help against your struggles. Personally, I don't have any real experience with gambling addictions, but we had other cases of addictions in my family. I know a few people who gamble a lot and even I gamble regularly since i turned 18, but it's not really an addiction. I can take breaks from gambling without having the urge to gamble. From what I learned from other addictions is that you need a clean break at least for a few years. It's hard to get back to a normal routine without the addiction and the risk of falling back is quite high.
Activity: 644
Merit: 661
- Jay -
November 18, 2023, 04:42:15 AM
All the talk about gambling and addiction takes the situation out of proportion. I know a lot of gamblers, all of which gamble very responsibly, staking only what they can afford to lose.

Anyone who has gotten addicted to a point they cannot control their gambling urges should certainly seek help from those around them.

- Jay -
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1118
...gambling responsibly. Do not be addicted.
November 18, 2023, 04:39:06 AM
Things get better after they voiced out about their addiction and they are able to get help, any gambling addicts you know of? what method works for you when helping them?
Using the real life events in news about bad things that happened to gambling addicts as real examples for him would help a lot. Relating it to how gambling addiction got them depressed, make them later commit suicide. Gambling addiction also make them always lack money because they are always using all their money to gamble and sometimes they borrow money to gamble and lose. If he does not want his life to be like that, that thinking of gambling to earn that make him addicted and he should change. This may likely begin to convince him to stop addiction.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
November 18, 2023, 04:29:47 AM
Personally, I don't have any connections with guys who are addicted to gambling but I have people come over from other addictions for example alcoholic for rehab centres are the most effective compared to any other methods.

Before everything voicing out is the first thing they should do because we only know what we are going through and in this busy world everyone is focusing on their own life and definitely they will try to help when you seek them.
Activity: 714
Merit: 296
Cashback 15%
November 18, 2023, 04:22:21 AM
How many people have you been able to change after they get addicted to gambling? And what is there level of addiction?

From my own experience, I get to know that those gamblers who are secretly gambling in their rooms and develop the addiction habit have the biggest problem, gambling addiction is like 'wanting more' and never getting enough, you will have all day thinking about gambling, maybe if you do this or you do that, maybe the result will be different.

I was able to talk sense into two different addicted gamblers and they also get help from family members, but the major reason why they too so long in their addiction is because they don't open up to anybody, they kept it all inside of them and it's killing them.

Things get better after they voiced out about their addiction and they are able to get help, any gambling addicts you know of? what method works for you when helping them?

If you are facing gambling addictions and you are keeping it all to yourself, you are worsening your problem, find someone who is close to you and open up to them, letting it all out will bring you some relieve and hopefully you will get better, don't wait till you hit the rock bottom before you say it all out.
Pages:
Jump to: