Pages:
Author

Topic: LightningAsic Gridseed Controller Firmware V3 - page 4. (Read 50864 times)

fhh
legendary
Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000
website is back md5.txt file still missing
whats the content of the file?
yjust the md5sum of the firmware?
Activity: 16
Merit: 0

...or install a webserver on your PC and direct their site to the PC itself.
edit C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts and add the new domain/IP:

127.0.0.1      domain.com
127.0.0.1      www.domain.com

No need to have a router with ssh

regards,
m

edit:  Xer0 is right...this won't work. You must have some device that redirects the traffic from the tp-link to the PC with the webserver.
Activity: 826
°^°
for mining yes, but not for flashing
You also need internet for flashing.
Before upgrading it checks this url: http://www.lightningasic.com/firmware/md5/md5.txt

lighningasic.com seems to be down so I can't flash the RC10g firmware:(
do you have SSH on your Router?
put a webserver on your pc holding that file
and map the ip to their domain in the hosts file
fhh
legendary
Activity: 1206
for mining yes, but not for flashing
You also need internet for flashing.
Before upgrading it checks this url: http://www.lightningasic.com/firmware/md5/md5.txt

lighningasic.com seems to be down so I can't flash the RC10g firmware:(
°^°
besides, can a LA flashed WR703N be reverted to Stock/OpenWRT later?
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Cpuminer update
Support for individual chip frequency is added. It’s possible to run regular USB miners and G-Blades on a single instance, because the number of chips is now auto detected.
This means that I will be working on building a new bin image, so that is possible to run G-Blades on and set frequencies specific to the chip.

This is for the linux / windows correct?  Is openwrt update imminent?
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Cpuminer update
Support for individual chip frequency is added. It’s possible to run regular USB miners and G-Blades on a single instance, because the number of chips is now auto detected.
This means that I will be working on building a new bin image, so that is possible to run G-Blades on and set frequencies specific to the chip.
legendary
Activity: 986
Crypto Currency , Mining, Exchange ATM, Wallet!
LA60M spec upgrade to 75M, 600W.
price is same: usd9999.
Had my 60 GS's running nicely on three RasPi's running Scripta - nice and solid. But decided to give this software a go, seeing as i have these LA controllers just lying around and I'm curious about the auto tune facility.

I upgraded 2pcs LA controller V1 and 4pcs LA controller V2 successfully. No bricks.

Some of the V2 controllers needed to use the V1 'prep' firmware before upgrading, but obviously i tried V2 first and when that failed i successfully used V1. None of them needed to be power cycled - they all rebooted themselves after a little while.

I am now running 10 units per controller with each 10 on a single 12V USB hub (supplied by Jack with the kit)

I've started at 800MHz on auto tune - lets see how it goes!!

Looking forward to a future fw update that will control the individual chip frequencies!!

The current firmware I believe already does individual chip freqs.

I believe he means the option to set the frequency specific to a chip, which I have yet to implement.
Activity: 157
Merit: 100
Had my 60 GS's running nicely on three RasPi's running Scripta - nice and solid. But decided to give this software a go, seeing as i have these LA controllers just lying around and I'm curious about the auto tune facility.

I upgraded 2pcs LA controller V1 and 4pcs LA controller V2 successfully. No bricks.

Some of the V2 controllers needed to use the V1 'prep' firmware before upgrading, but obviously i tried V2 first and when that failed i successfully used V1. None of them needed to be power cycled - they all rebooted themselves after a little while.

I am now running 10 units per controller with each 10 on a single 12V USB hub (supplied by Jack with the kit)

Looking forward to a future fw update that will control the individual chip frequencies!!

The current firmware I believe already does individual chip freqs.
legendary
Activity: 986
Crypto Currency , Mining, Exchange ATM, Wallet!
spec upgrade.A2 chipset can run more fast.
Great 75MHS Scrypt Rack Miner Pre-order.
got better price of chips. and price adjusted.
64MHS, 450W.
28nm Chiset.
ship out before May 20th.
LA75M - 9999 USD

15MHS Scrypt Blade Pre-order.
15MHS, 110W.
28nm Chiset.
ship out before May 20th.
LA12M - 3000 USD

Scrypt Miner based on GC3355 stopped production.)

LA1THS, 1000W
1000GHS,
18KG.
rack case.
USD2899,
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Activity: 697
Merit: 503
Hey Sandor111,

this might be a stupid question. But I don't see dual mining support (scrypt / sha256), is this feature missing intentionally or still coming?

Cheers

one4many

That was always the intention
°^°
it's gone from v3
Activity: 516
Hey Sandor111,

this might be a stupid question. But I don't see dual mining support (scrypt / sha256), is this feature missing intentionally or still coming?

Cheers

one4many
legendary
Activity: 1270
Left part is BFGMiner, right part (after 5PM) is CPUMiner.
Notice the difference in rejected shares, nice huh?

Very nice! Going to try getting this working again tonight.

Anyone know how to get a list of USB devices on Ubuntu so I can list them on the command line?
Code:
sudo ./minerd --gc3355=/dev/ttyUSB0,/dev/ttyUSB1 --freq=800 --gc3355-autotune -o stratum+tcp://pool.com -u user -p x
^does not work for me Sad

Code:
ls /dev/ttyUSB*

Thanks but that returns only the 3 USB ports on the computer....not the 20 miners. I'm at a loss :/
Code:
$ ls /dev/ttyUSB*
/dev/ttyUSB0  /dev/ttyUSB1  /dev/ttyUSB2

Edit: Figured it out. Turned out to be --gc3355=/dev/ttyACM0,/dev/ttyACM1,/dev/ttyACM2,etc after all.  Embarrassed
Activity: 457
I flashed two of them (lightning controller). One works excellent, the other is bricked i guess. Just 1 blue flash then nothing. Can anyone confirm this? Is there (a simple) way to solve this? Reset doesn't work.

Where can i buy a new controller?

Odd though, i flashed them exactly the same.

Confirmed. Happend to me aswell.

You have to solder some stuff. theres a link earlier in this thread.

You can buy them off ebay for ~20$ including shipping from china.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
I flashed two of them (lightning controller). One works excellent, the other is bricked i guess. Just 1 blue flash then nothing. Can anyone confirm this? Is there (a simple) way to solve this? Reset doesn't work.

Where can i buy a new controller?

Odd though, i flashed them exactly the same.
Activity: 457

Are blades supported on this Firmware?

Not yet, I'm still figuring out the best way to distinguish a Blade from a standard 5-chip.

Serial number maybe?

That does not help me, it's the serial from the ST32 chip.

Hmm.. okay. And i'm guessing the chips doesnt send any kind of serial number or things like that in the stream to cpuminer or any way to tell them apart there - that might be different from the 5chip ones to the blades?
Left part is BFGMiner, right part (after 5PM) is CPUMiner.
Notice the difference in rejected shares, nice huh?

Very nice! Going to try getting this working again tonight.

Anyone know how to get a list of USB devices on Ubuntu so I can list them on the command line?
Code:
sudo ./minerd --gc3355=/dev/ttyUSB0,/dev/ttyUSB1 --freq=800 --gc3355-autotune -o stratum+tcp://pool.com -u user -p x
^does not work for me Sad

Code:
ls /dev/ttyUSB*

Are blades supported on this Firmware?

Not yet, I'm still figuring out the best way to distinguish a Blade from a standard 5-chip.

Serial number maybe?

That does not help me, it's the serial from the ST32 chip.
Pages:
Jump to: