Pages:
Author

Topic: LightningAsic Gridseed Controller Firmware V3 - page 9. (Read 50864 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Guys do you have any idea why this is happening?

[2014-04-19 00:09:47.221] 1: rejected 33/45 (73.33%) 219.4/2208.6 KH/s
[2014-04-19 00:09:47.221] DEBUG: reject reason: low difficulty share of 0
[2014-04-19 00:10:5.168] 7@4 850MHz: Got nonce cd096459, Hash <= Htarget!
[2014-04-19 00:10:5.168] 7@4: 544s until frequency adjusts to 875MHz
[2014-04-19 00:10:5.207] 7: rejected 33/46 (71.74%) 144.6/2280.7 KH/s
[2014-04-19 00:10:5.208] DEBUG: reject reason: low difficulty share of 0

Itried different pools:
- waffle: worked in the beginning, not anymore DEBUG: reject reason: low difficulty share of 0
- Clevermining: now working after last FW update (v3d)  DEBUG: reject reason: low difficulty share of 0
- LTC: 100% rejects (DEBUG: reject reason: high-hash)
- Doge: not working

First 12hrs it wokrd very well with Waffle pool
i even tried setting diff with entering "d=512" for password with waffle, but i cant seem to make it work. Suddenly I'm getting a ton of rejects (>50%) and very low HR (1600kH for 10 miners)
Settings:
General freq: 850
Auto overclicking
Using LA controller

The other 10 miners are still on LA controler version 1.0 and working OKayish on 850Mhz (10 miners @ 3300-3400 Kh).

Any ideas appreciated!
Activity: 96
Protecting the source, Protecting the Image, no SSH.
Who cares?Huh??
This software/controller works!!!!
Tried almost everything else and nothing compares!
-Bobby
Activity: 112
they are protecting the source
The sources are not included in a binary image.
Even the original chinese wiibox software is not blocking every access like that.

legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003
So, do I understand it correctly, after upgrading to new fw. I cannot SSH to my controller.

Correct. I think they are hiding something.
Even by connecting a serial Adapter to your hardware you cannot login.

The only thing you can do is to protect it with a firewall like the free sophos UTM and allow only the mining traffic.
I hope the developers here will wake up or one day a guy will read out the flash chip to extract the files and create a new image.

they are protecting the source
So, do I understand it correctly, after upgrading to new fw. I cannot SSH to my controller.

Correct. I think they are hiding something.
Even by connecting a serial Adapter to your hardware you cannot login.

The only thing you can do is to protect it with a firewall like the free sophos UTM and allow only the mining traffic.
I hope the developers here will wake up or one day a guy will read out the flash chip to extract the files and create a new image.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
New version coming up very soon, API will be included so you can monitor the miners anywhere you want.
Activity: 78
Any ideas what could cause this?

They've done this on v1 and v3 firmwares on the LA controller. Stable for while, then they go nuts. Some miners showing up twice with zero accepts. After a bunch of auto restarts they stabilize for a little. Power related maybe?

That is weird, what does the log say when this happens? Do you use the restart dead miners?  Do you power your USB hubs?

A few UART Write errors in the log then auto restart. I have it set to restart dead miners on 5 mins, it loops until it stabilizes. I have auto overclock on but it also did with v1. Hub is powered, it's the one that was included in the LA3M.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100

They've done this on v1 and v3 firmwares on the LA controller. Stable for while, then they go nuts. Some miners showing up twice with zero accepts. After a bunch of auto restarts they stabilize for a little. Power related maybe?

That is weird, what does the log say when this happens? Do you use the restart dead miners?  Do you power your USB hubs?
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
°^°
finaly got it...

the trick was, to power 12v and 5v on at the exact same time
so i put both miner psu and controller wallwart on a switchable multi outlet
Activity: 78

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
°^°
switched to DOGE Pool, got first YAY:

[2014-04-16 23:13:34.705]
0: Got nonce 66667652, Hash <= Htarget!
[2014-04-16 23:13:34.747] 0: accepted: 3/3 (100.00%), (yay!!!)
[2014-04-16 23:13:35.413] 0: Got nonce 66675520, Hash <= Htarget!
[2014-04-16 23:13:35.433] New job_id: a15b Diff: 128
[2014-04-16 23:13:35.434] Stratum detected new block
[2014-04-16 23:13:35.472] New job_id: a15c Diff: 128
[2014-04-16 23:13:35.473] 0: accepted: 3/4 (75.00%), (booooo)

but then if falls back to doing nothing

miner runs fine on XP-PC with cgminer cm-blog edition
but still cant get it to work with the wr703n box

has it something to do with Fan  beeing on +5V USB?
Activity: 227
Merit: 100
Try some software like WakeOnLan, that will scan the whole range of IPs. Maybe you will get lucky.
So i got a new TP-Link WR703N in the mail and tried to figure out how to flash it with the LA firmware..

Its ended up with the unit flashing for around 12 secs, then having the LED off for 4-5 secs and finishing having the blue LED on constantly after.

Anyone have any ideas?
Hey mazedk,

I had the same problem. It turns out after flashing the first image the WR703N looses it's network settings completely and reverts back to DHCP.
To make it worse needed two or three fresh power-cycles before the web UI came up to flash the 2nd stage firmware.

Hope that helps!

one4many

Thanks for the reply. I think i have powercycled it 20 times so far, with the same end result :/

What i did exactly was (prolly stupid) to try and flash fromthe chinese stock firmware to the english one of the TL-WR703N (according to this guilde: http://wr703n.blogspot.com/ )

That all worked fine. But then i couldnt install the LA firmware, so thought i needed to go to openwrt or so. Then i tried to revert to the stock firmware - as per the same guide.

Which has ended up with the previously mentioned result..

What you want to do is flash directly to the v1 bin from the Chinese firmware, Jack has done it thousands of times and it works.
Activity: 457
Merit: 250
So i got a new TP-Link WR703N in the mail and tried to figure out how to flash it with the LA firmware..

Its ended up with the unit flashing for around 12 secs, then having the LED off for 4-5 secs and finishing having the blue LED on constantly after.

Anyone have any ideas?
Hey mazedk,

I had the same problem. It turns out after flashing the first image the WR703N looses it's network settings completely and reverts back to DHCP.
To make it worse needed two or three fresh power-cycles before the web UI came up to flash the 2nd stage firmware.

Hope that helps!

one4many

Thanks for the reply. I think i have powercycled it 20 times so far, with the same end result :/

What i did exactly was (prolly stupid) to try and flash fromthe chinese stock firmware to the english one of the TL-WR703N (according to this guilde: http://wr703n.blogspot.com/ )

That all worked fine. But then i couldnt install the LA firmware, so thought i needed to go to openwrt or so. Then i tried to revert to the stock firmware - as per the same guide.

Which has ended up with the previously mentioned result..
As you can see at sandors reaction:

Be warned to use this system.

This is only for advanced users who know to use a firewall and
how to put this device into a separate network.

I hope the root access will be hacked soon.

No hard feelings.

I never claimed that, I was talking about an outside party trying to access the LightningAsic controller, not the firmware itself being malicious as you are pointing out. Anyway I'm done here, do as you wish.

I know you're not at liberty to give root access or open up the project any more than you have, I'm not really ranting at you. Just at the general situation, which I realise is not down to you.

Well I'm all for opening up the sources so people can build the images themselves. As you said, it's not up to me to make that decision. But I'd gladly do it, and as soon as I get the green light I will. Until then you will all have to bear with me.
Activity: 109
I never claimed that, I was talking about an outside party trying to access the LightningAsic controller, not the firmware itself being malicious as you are pointing out. Anyway I'm done here, do as you wish.

I know you're not at liberty to give root access or open up the project any more than you have, I'm not really ranting at you. Just at the general situation, which I realise is not down to you.
As you can see at sandors reaction:

Be warned to use this system.

This is only for advanced users who know to use a firewall and
how to put this device into a separate network.

I hope the root access will be hacked soon.
It's an unverified binary. Claim what you like, but we only have your word for it. Who knows what back-doors have been written in. You might do, but we only have your word for it.

That's bullshit, he did not have access, he just knew the SSH password which was there to enable support over Teamviewer. Anyone outside the local network cannot access the controller, just reading what you said already made me a bit dumber. Btw as I said earlier, SSH is disabled now.

It's an UNVERIFIED binary! There CAN be back-doors coded in and no-one would know! How do you think anyone compromises any machines on local networks? Almost all machines are on local networks! I can make a system that is easily compromised and put it on my local network. Then ship the binary without any verification. There is no way for us to know if what you are saying is true.

If your reasoning is that because its on a local network it's secure, then that's just laughable. I literally don't know what to say to you.

Activity: 109
It's an unverified binary. Claim what you like, but we only have your word for it. Who knows what back-doors have been written in. You might do, but we only have your word for it.

That's bullshit, he did not have access, he just knew the SSH password which was there to enable support over Teamviewer. Anyone outside the local network cannot access the controller, just reading what you said already made me a bit dumber. Btw as I said earlier, SSH is disabled now.

It's an UNVERIFIED binary! There CAN be back-doors coded in and no-one would know! How do you think anyone compromises any machines on local networks? Almost all machines are on local networks! I can make a system that is easily compromised and put it on my local network. Then ship the binary without any verification. There is no way for us to know if what you are saying is true.

If your reasoning is that because its on a local network it's secure, then that's just laughable. I literally don't know what to say to you.
Pages:
Jump to: