Pages:
Author

Topic: LIKE IT OR NOT, BITCOIN IS AN INVESTMENT - page 29. (Read 3715 times)

Activity: 195
Merit: 100
August 14, 2018, 05:29:37 PM
I agree with you. And most investors use BTC and other cryptocurrencies as the investment instrument. People don't use digital money, but just hold them and waiting for better price. One day BTC can become currency, but not right now!
Activity: 546
Merit: 102
August 14, 2018, 05:12:47 PM
yes bitcoin is an investment
investors speculate about the price of bitcoin in the future
like or not bitcoin will always be an investment
Activity: 126
Merit: 25
August 14, 2018, 05:07:30 PM
Question: Do you consider a currency to also be an investment? If I suddenly buy a bunch of British Pounds because I think they'll go up, would you consider that an investment?
Activity: 150
Merit: 11
August 14, 2018, 04:56:39 PM
I agree Bitcoin is an investment.  I always pictured it as that.  Its very easy to liquidate it and you can liquidate it for other things than fiat.  I have bought server space and other items with this investment. 
Activity: 250
Merit: 10
August 14, 2018, 04:54:34 PM
Yes, I also see Bitcoin as a coin and also as an investment. This time is the perfect time for investment. I believe that you may able to gain good return of investment once bitcoin will make a recovery in a couple of months. That means if you invest in bitcoin then you can earn huge profit in the future. So I will say that, I really believe bitcoin is an investment.
Activity: 840
Merit: 3
August 14, 2018, 04:25:45 PM
Of course bitcoin is a investment, it may be difficult now because of bear market, but cryptocurrency is a www.linkedin.com technology that is being adopted gradually, so for those who have invested including me,  the future is bright . If we don't sell out of fear,  someday, soon we will  look at our bitcoin investment and smile.
Activity: 2632
Merit: 546
August 14, 2018, 03:33:28 PM
As what I have seen in the last previous years, Bitcoin has turned out to be a investment platform, specially when big money comes in and as much as we want it to like a P2P transaction without any middleman and as originally envisioned by Satoshi, the whole game has changed and it evolves to a investment platform that we are seeing today. Some of us are still using it though, (like me) to pay or bought something, but now its different, perhaps almost 80% think of it as a investment scheme already.
Activity: 70
Merit: 1
August 14, 2018, 02:05:33 PM
I agree with you on this topic. As we all know anything  you make profit from is an investment. And as a matter of fact you invest to make profits. So therefore bitcoin is an option for investment. Irrespective of what you call it, bitcoin is a good market for business.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
August 14, 2018, 01:50:12 PM
Thanks for this input and reference Hero member, Thumbs up for your contribution.

Here is my question, what do you call a tool for investment that is used to purchase a car worth $4,000 and while you are in the process of completing the transaction for the car bought, the value of BTC depreciated a $1000 dollar.
Would the dealer of the car let you go...

BTC CAN BE A TOOL OF investment BUT It is an INVESTMENT ITSELF.
Activity: 728
Merit: 503
dApps Development Automation Platform
August 14, 2018, 10:30:41 AM
                              In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

Whether we like it or not, we have to admit that its true. Bitcoin indeed is more popular to be a medium of investment.
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
August 14, 2018, 08:12:55 AM
Exactly, buying anything is an investment. Even buying food for breakfast in an investment in your health.
Activity: 774
Merit: 503
August 14, 2018, 08:07:15 AM
I believe that bitcoin is an investment because we are not going to risk our money or fiat in purchasing bitcoin if we do not expect something in return. As investment bitcoin brings us interest or income out of our initial investment. Just like real estate as the log aged for long time the market value becomes higher just like bitcoin the only difference is that crypto currencies is volatile it may go downwards or upwards.
Activity: 916
Merit: 500
August 14, 2018, 07:39:11 AM
That is true. For me Bitcoin is an investment because as we invest in bitcoin it brings profit and loss which are the characteristics of an investment. Other people do not consider it as an investment and i respect their own opinion.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
August 14, 2018, 07:34:07 AM
                              In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

Well don't worry dirisu2018, there's no arguing about bitcoin as an investment.

Though many may point out that investment was not part of the bitcoin design, it became an investment nonetheless.

In fact, bitcoin even topped Forbes and Bloomberg's list of best investment (where bloomberg named bitcoin as their worst investment a year before it topped their currency table).  Bitcoin funds even came to light in the state of Jersey and is approved by their financial services commision.

And with the continuing growth of value (inspite the month after month dips that we are witnessing), there is no mistaking that bitcoin did become an investment though the original design was simply to be a digital or electronic cash.

Let's just all hope that bitcoin continues to be a positive and potent investment and remember that even with dips it has been making, bitcoin remains the most valuable cryptocurrency of them all.
Activity: 72
August 14, 2018, 07:18:17 AM
Now it may be an investment. But if you look carefully In the future everyone hopes for the mass adoption. Given that, it may not be an investment but just a way of payment for purchasing goods and services.
Activity: 574
August 14, 2018, 07:13:07 AM
I agree with you in your opinion Bitcoin is an investment which is greater than that the past way of investing in goods and services, it has turn a business in this present generation because most investors has channel all there profession and assets to it and it is paying them very well more than other business do
Activity: 120
August 14, 2018, 07:04:56 AM
Every people has an opinion. Please respect in any ideas of each other. For me, bitcoin or other cryptocurrency is an investment because you can earn from it. You can buy this in a low price and sell it if the price goes up. For me, if you can earn a profit it is called an investment.
Activity: 448
August 14, 2018, 07:04:26 AM
Yes, bitcoin is indeed considered an investment as I believe that you may able to gain good return of investment once bitcoin will make a recovery in a couple of months. This is the right time to invest btc at a lower price that could make you a good profit in times where bull market will be experienced in the coming months from now.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 250
August 14, 2018, 06:00:32 AM
150 of Fortune 500 companies have closed down since 2006. Stock markets are also investments.

Facebook share prices fell -25% in one day. Looks like facebook is going down forever.

Indian Billionaire Subroto Roy "Amby valley" is worth $6 billion as per market price but buyers are not paying more than $2 billion for Amby Valley. Real estates are also investments.

Silver price fell to $9/ounce under Obama's presidency.

Investments give profit or loss

Yes your mentioning matter Not to leave market price always not effect over an asset, it's totally depends on public demand.
Activity: 1470
Merit: 655
August 14, 2018, 05:48:27 AM

no it doesn't settle anything! you just copied two definitions which could have been found in a dictionary and pasted them here. you still haven't explained why you think bitcoin matches these definitions.

while we are on the subject of copy pasting definitions let me paste the definition of currency
"A currency (from Middle English: curraunt, "in circulation", from Latin: currens, -entis), in the most specific use of the word, refers to money in any form when in actual use or circulation as a medium of exchange, especially circulating banknotes and coins."
Pages:
Jump to: