Pages:
Author

Topic: LIKE IT OR NOT, BITCOIN IS AN INVESTMENT - page 25. (Read 3715 times)

Activity: 619
Merit: 251
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
August 23, 2018, 06:50:29 AM
                              In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

Is it an answer to the topic which says stop calling bitcoin an investment? It seems to be like that, lol. But actually to be honest I can totally agree with you on that. Bitcoin is an investment.
staff
Activity: 3038
Merit: 568
APP下载sbapp.io
August 23, 2018, 06:12:08 AM
Bitcoin is an investment and it is an investment that comes with a high risk, but the huge volatility in its values on the crypto-currencies trading market would also give investors a huge chance to gain bigger profits than other traditional investment, so I think rich investors who are willing to take a high risk in order to gain more profits could try to invest some of their money into bitcoin for the long term.
Activity: 728
Merit: 2
August 23, 2018, 06:03:50 AM
From all definitions of investment, one can say and conclude categorically that bitcoin is an investment. The fact that ones intention of buying bitcoin either for long term hold or for day trading is birthed from the mindset of making profit. Buying Bitcoin just like any other asset is indeed an investment.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
August 23, 2018, 05:55:02 AM
People who always follow the notion of what's been written on Satoshi Nakamoto's whitepaper can hardly believe that bitcoin is an investment. If bitcoin is really used as a payment as an alternative to fiat money, then having a 20,000$ value is quite high for that in my opinion.
Activity: 429
Merit: 100
August 23, 2018, 04:39:28 AM
BITCOIN IS AN INVESTMENT..yes i so much believe in bitcoin and will never drop fate on it. investment is what  put money and smile into your pocket. its a great investment one would apply for. its has a great future.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 270
August 23, 2018, 04:37:57 AM
                              In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

of course Satoshi Nakamoto creates bitcoin on a currency basis even though it is virtual. Basically, bitcoin is a currency like fiat money. but bitcoin evolves into part of assets that can be invoked to get more and more profits even though the value is easily changed quickly.
copper member
Activity: 448
Merit: 0
August 23, 2018, 04:23:41 AM
ofcourse its a profitabe investment!
In the first of 2017, I was not like this.Investing bitcoin, my nearest friend become profited. Then I have thought sharply about it and interested to invest bitcoin.
Activity: 29
August 23, 2018, 04:18:33 AM
Are there any investments in the social sector? I think it is quite necessary.
Activity: 688
Merit: 101
August 23, 2018, 03:52:36 AM
Yes it is, even it is a form of digital currency, bitcoin is an investment project also, because the volatile always exist in the market, bitcoin is like a precious things that will shine after the refine, 
Activity: 210
August 23, 2018, 03:42:18 AM
                              In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

INVESTMENT for me is like a bussiness  , You earn your money in double time.Because you put your money on that investment and then without doing anything your money has a possible to be big.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
August 23, 2018, 01:31:50 AM
Sadly Bitcoin has become just an investment asset bit Bitcoin is the most convenient currency the world can ever have because it enables smart payment methods where customers can easily pay for goods or services via mobile phones or any other easy way instantly and organizations may have the ability to make huge transactions to other countries within minutes with better security so it is great as money but because people are focused only to gain profits and lack of Business adaptation it is remaining only for investing purposes   
Activity: 154
August 19, 2018, 03:26:04 AM
Investment are what puts money into your pocket. Bitcoin certainly falls into this category as it gains value and loses value as well. Bitcoin is certainly an investment as it has grown significantly from 2009 till date. Take a look at the people that invested into bitcoin and are holding it till now.
Activity: 568
Merit: 254
August 19, 2018, 03:18:14 AM
                              In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

Bitcoin is a hybrid type of investment. It function as investment because it appreciate and depreciate its value of overtime and it also function as a currency and make it as mode of payment online and even in physical stores.
Activity: 364
Merit: 16
https://crowdsale.network
August 17, 2018, 05:07:33 PM
Bitcoin is an investment, for now. Although a lot of merchants have already started accepting bitcoin as payment. It may take a few more years before it becomes mainstream, meaning a currency, a digital currency.
Activity: 490
Merit: 280
August 17, 2018, 04:50:38 PM
It can be called an investment now because there aren't enough users who will adopt is as a form of payment. However, once it goes mainstream in more countries around the world you will see bitcoin as both an investment and a currency.

It makes sense as an investment, but compared to something that offers benefits to consumers like say a credit card with rewards and protection, it's extremely lacking. Something would have to fundamentally change for it to really compete for payments.
Activity: 364
Merit: 16
https://crowdsale.network
August 17, 2018, 04:48:35 PM
Not gonna argue with that statement of yours. Bitcoin is an investment, for now. It may take a few more years or until the next decade before it becomes mainstream, meaning as a currency.
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
August 17, 2018, 04:46:02 PM
bitcoin is an ivestment for sure. most people dive into it just for the sole purpose of generating profit and anything you put your money into to generate profit after a while is definitely an investment. so yes bitcoin is an investment
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
August 17, 2018, 04:43:20 PM
I also believe that bitcoin is an investment, especially a long term investment. In future people will use it and you will be lucky if you will have your own one
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
August 17, 2018, 04:40:11 PM
I think it is definitely bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies an investment tool. there is also risk investing bitcoin as well as risk in every kind of investments.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 261
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
August 17, 2018, 04:25:16 PM
Every definition is inconclusive. The definition is different from the people. However, the investment where we spend money and get pleasure / greed is the investment. There can be both profit / loss in investing. It is an investment of the external form. Why avoid Bitcoin as an investment. It should be in the top list of like.

Baundul you are right. Definition of Bitcoin depends from person that use Bitcoin. Like it or not, as creator of this thread says, Bitcoin can be anything you
wish, it can be money, it can be investment. You can use it now or you can save it for future.
   For me Bitcoin is investment. I decided year ago to save in Bitcoins and alt-coins, not in my currency or any other fiat-currency. It`s my choice, unlike others
I`m aware of risks, and I`m very patient. I never complain for any drop, panic-selling is something I will never do.
Pages:
Jump to: