Pages:
Author

Topic: LIKE IT OR NOT, BITCOIN IS AN INVESTMENT - page 23. (Read 3715 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 110
August 25, 2018, 04:28:48 PM
                              In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

I have always seen Bitcoin more as an investment than a currency (as a long-term investment to be more precise), and based on both definitions, BTC is clearly an investment. I think some people call it a bubble or don't see it as an investment because they haven't taken the time to learn about and don't understand it.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
August 25, 2018, 09:12:46 AM
Even though there are some people deny that crypto is not an investment platform, I would totally disagree to it as btc and other altcoin is an investment thing. Look, we buy token and hold it for long time or holding it expecting them to go pump and fluctuate in the near future. We invest money on it, its totally an investment platform.
Activity: 182
Merit: 1
August 25, 2018, 09:05:29 AM
because bitcoin is a financial investment or am I wrong?
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
August 25, 2018, 08:36:13 AM
The expectation to profit through Bitcoin makes Bitcoin valuable as an investment tool. If volatility declines in the future, it may change. It's got to be Bitcoin is the currency.
Activity: 218
Merit: 11
August 25, 2018, 08:35:14 AM
Bitcoin is a gold like asset. Of course, the asset can be used as payment. But you only need them when you pay large amount of money.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
August 25, 2018, 08:29:43 AM
Yes bitcoin is an investment but he take much more time than others types of investment to see the profit from it
Activity: 72
August 25, 2018, 08:17:01 AM
Agree with you even the Bitcoins build intention was to use as a currency and to help global and international trade in the process now people uses Bitcoin to gain profits by investing in it so the main purpose it was build has been failed and that is a main reason that Bitcoin will face huge problems because Bitcoin might get useless in the future if this current situation continues and people will understand Bitcoin is useless for anything   
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
August 25, 2018, 07:34:19 AM
A big role in this matter is the purpose of acquiring BTC. If, for example, you bought bitcoin in order to further benefit from the sale at a higher price, then this is an investment. If you bought bitcoin for what would be with someone to pay them for a product or service, it is not an investment but a payment instrument. For example, gold is now usually an investment, but more recently, coins were minted from it and used as a payment means and then it was not an investment.
Activity: 532
Merit: 15
August 25, 2018, 06:47:28 AM
Yes, right now Bitcoin is more of an Investment than currency.
Activity: 364
August 25, 2018, 07:10:20 AM
                              In an economic sense,
 An INVESTMENT is the purchase of goods that are not consumed today but are used in the future to create wealth.
                                        In finance
An INVESTMENT is a monetary asset purchased with the idea that the asset will provide income in the future or will later be sold at a higher price for a profit.

I really don't want to turn these into an economics class but the both definition of what investments are clearly should settle the argument of whether BTC is truly an investment or not.

It did not start out that way. The purpose of Bitcoin was supposed to be an alternative mode of payment other than fiat. But as time passed and Bitcoin started to gain value, people saw the opportunity to gain profit from it. And so it became an asset in sort of a way. Some may not agree with this change, but it happened and I believe we should just take advantage of it.
Activity: 65
August 25, 2018, 07:09:20 AM
Firstly i should tell you I like very much to bitcoi.As i thing bitcoin is an investment for our future.We can get a lot of  benefits from bitcoin investment.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
August 25, 2018, 12:33:12 AM
Yes it is, when theres money involve in such a thing, it is considered as investment. Like when you buy a house and lot, meaning  you are investing your money on it, this is just like in crypto currency, when you buy coins it can called an investment. Which you can sell when the value is arise.

It more likely becomes a speculative investment, where there are risk and probability to make profits depending on the market.

But it was originally known as a method of payments and treat to be a digital cash.
Activity: 34
August 25, 2018, 12:23:10 AM
Yes it is, when theres money involve in such a thing, it is considered as investment. Like when you buy a house and lot, meaning  you are investing your money on it, this is just like in crypto currency, when you buy coins it can called an investment. Which you can sell when the value is arise.
Activity: 205
August 25, 2018, 12:15:38 AM
Bitcoin is not an investment and even it is now because of the way how each individuals have used it without knowing it is a great currency better than any other currency on out planet but for that to understand people and the world may need some time because yet Bitcoin has not been used for common transactions properly even within the crypto community and it might take several years until we use Bitcoin in such manner then we can call Bitcoin a currency   
Activity: 280
August 24, 2018, 02:49:28 PM
yes, bitcoin is an investment and it's real.
Is not the value of bitcoin continues to grow from year to year, even though the price is falling now.

I think it's natural, because bitcoin has a different way of working with gold and other investments, but it can't be denied the fact that bitcoin is also included in the type of investment, and I'm also very sure that in the future everyone will invest in bitcoin...
Activity: 429
August 24, 2018, 02:12:38 PM
In my opinion, bitcoin has become an investment, because the price is quite high, and gives big profits in the long term. For that there is no doubt that bitcoin is a long-term investment that can now be trusted.
Activity: 980
Merit: 253
August 24, 2018, 02:03:52 PM
I do not think giving bitcoin a name or classifying it into any of the financial terms will make bitcoin how it is now. Bitcoin is how you see it and use it. If you want to take it as an investment package and earn from it in the near future, no one will harm you for doing that. Some may also love to have it because they can use it to purchase some stuff online without worrying about credit cards and in which sense, they do not think of investing but a currency(medium of exchange)
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
August 23, 2018, 12:44:24 PM
                              In an economic sense,
                                        In finance

At present, bitcoin is an investment in economic and financial value. because currently Bitcoin is not widely consumed by many people and is believed to be able to provide income in the future or later will be sold at a higher price to make a profit. And in the future bitcoin will no longer be an investment but will become a global currency that will be used by everyone around the world.
Activity: 798
Merit: 121
August 23, 2018, 12:38:58 PM
Every people has an opinion. Please respect in any ideas of each other. For me, bitcoin or other cryptocurrency is an investment because you can earn from it. You can buy this in a low price and sell it if the price goes up. For me, if you can earn a profit it is called an investment.
Yeah I agree in your opinion for me bitcoin is a totally investment cause you earn high profit. You buy bitcoin at there low price and you stored it and sell when the value is goes up and you gain a high profit it is an investment.
Activity: 4
August 23, 2018, 12:29:26 PM
Anything can be an investment. Bitcoin has value because people say it does it can be .10 or $100,000 a year from now. Just like Gold or Stocks its all subjective. There have been many societies throughout time that did not value Gold. My thought is..... promising ongoing projects in the top 100 will have a good chance of increasing in value especially as they demonstrate their utility beyond just a "trading" or speculative financial instrument.
Pages:
Jump to: