Pages:
Author

Topic: List of all cryptocoins - page 86. (Read 833058 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 253
April 11, 2013, 01:00:53 AM
A big, big update.

MAJOR CHANGES:

-PPcoin makes it into MAJOR.
because: got to the big exchange, got big market cap and kept it for some time. CONGRATULATIONS PEPSICOIN !!  

-"NEW" category is now "CANDIDATES"
because sometimes coin stays there for a long time and is not new anymore, or even comes back from the dead.

-BQC gets to CANDIDATES and gets a new description:
now: -BBQ BBQCoin - forgotten after 51% attack on launch, now revived and active.
instead of -BBQ BBQCoin - killed in 51% attack on launch, now revived and looking good
its back, bacause diff is stabilized for a long time now and there are more connections than some alive coins for months.

-NOT A COIN category is now "NOT AN OPENSOURCE COMMODITY CRYPTO COIN"
to clear any doubts about ripple , digicash and future not-coins

- Swiftcoin added as  "NOT AN OPENSOURCE COMMODITY CRYPTO COIN"
[thank you zero3112]

MINOR CHANGES

bitgold provided nice and easy domain for "the list" http://newbitcoins.com

was:
DigiCash  historical try for digital curency by David Chaum, failed. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DigiCash
e-cash and e-money are part of / continuation of  digicash . Possibly where Bitcoin came from.
changed to:
eCash historical try for digital curency by David Chaum, operational but died. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DigiCash
DigiCash was the company that maee eCash . Possibly where Bitcoin came from.
[thank you, Neverest!]

TRC added : "difficulty initialy flaved but corrected" , "miner-jump resonance resistant" - temporary removed

BTE changed from:
Bytecoin the 1:1 bitcoin copycat. really bad difficulty adjustment for altcoin, extremally high hashrate for that young coin.
to:
-BTE Bytecoin- the 1:1 bitcoin copycat, nothing changed. extremally high starting hype/hashrate.
as it is no longer "that young" and hashrate is no longer "that high"

RUC, NVC - minor description adjustments  

some layout corrections

----------------------------------------------

as I made  some major changes, I encourage you to give me your opinion.
we need to keep this list at altcoin community accepted form.
Activity: 458
Merit: 250
April 08, 2013, 07:43:48 PM

Just want to say thanks for making this list and keeping it updated. Very useful! Smiley
Activity: 607
Merit: 500
April 07, 2013, 04:39:54 PM
Isn't it time to do a little switcheroo between PPC and Namecoin? Since PPC has now overtaken the namecoin marketcap? :p

yeap, or to have 4 coins in major league Smiley
p.s. i never liked NMC Tongue
Activity: 556
Merit: 501
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 07, 2013, 10:02:28 AM
You have forget the OBAMACOIN hahahhaha Grin Grin
Activity: 323
April 07, 2013, 08:38:33 AM
Isn't it time to do a little switcheroo between PPC and Namecoin? Since PPC has now overtaken the namecoin marketcap? :p
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008
/dev/null
April 06, 2013, 03:03:04 PM
you can mine litecoins with asics? news to me, exciting news
you can mine every altcoin that is based on sha256d (SHA256, two rounds)
April 06, 2013, 02:36:00 PM
you can mine litecoins with asics? news to me, exciting news
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002
April 06, 2013, 08:15:57 AM
DigiCash was the company (I worked for them, over 15 years ago!), eCash the product. And it should be in the first category as the system was live and up and running for several years. Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank and other banks had licensed the system, users used it to pay in webshops and to send payments to eachother, including micropayments and larger amounts. It functioned and the very hard scrutinizing of the Deutsche Bank could not break it.
Yes, it was based on existing bank's infrastructure, hence digital cash (and no risk for a bubble).

Problem was, it was ahead of its time:
- no Euro yet, so problems with cross-border/currency &
- not enough merchants online (and difficult integration for them). Still the most elegant and fully anonymous system around (unless you try to double-spend).
- Not only one of the first Internet companies in the Netherlands (literally situated right on top of the main internet connection/cable), but also the first internet bankruptcy due to bad management.

The intellectual property was bought by eCash technologies, but they went heads up in the real internet crash of 2001.

Thank you for this interesting piece of history.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
April 06, 2013, 12:03:17 AM
I said it before, this list either needs to add ecash or remove digicash. They are both the children of David Chaum and is possibly where Bitcoin came from.

ecash
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ecash

DigiCash
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digicash

DigiCash was the company (I worked for them, over 15 years ago!), eCash the product. And it should be in the first category as the system was live and up and running for several years. Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank and other banks had licensed the system, users used it to pay in webshops and to send payments to eachother, including micropayments and larger amounts. It functioned and the very hard scrutinizing of the Deutsche Bank could not break it.
Yes, it was based on existing bank's infrastructure, hence digital cash (and no risk for a bubble).

Problem was, it was ahead of its time:
- no Euro yet, so problems with cross-border/currency &
- not enough merchants online (and difficult integration for them). Still the most elegant and fully anonymous system around (unless you try to double-spend).
- Not only one of the first Internet companies in the Netherlands (literally situated right on top of the main internet connection/cable), but also the first internet bankruptcy due to bad management.

The intellectual property was bought by eCash technologies, but they went heads up in the real internet crash of 2001.

April 05, 2013, 07:51:58 PM
Thanks for taking the time to put this all together.

Well done
April 05, 2013, 12:06:17 PM
minor change:

removed "stable value" from bitcoin descrioption. long overdue.
April 05, 2013, 12:46:19 AM

thanks for keeping the alt list up to date.. sent a couple of coin. (ltc)

Thank You!  that was a very nice surprise
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
April 04, 2013, 10:43:06 PM

thanks for keeping the alt list up to date.. sent a couple of coin. (ltc)
April 04, 2013, 04:59:46 PM
OP:  If PPCoin overtakes Namecoin in marketcap, will it qualify for the MAJOR: section?

http://dustcoin.com/mining

you are right, marketcap is the most important parameter for promotion to "major" . not only one , but most important one.
but there should be quite big histeresis in those changes. tomorow ppc can be 1/4 of its  current price if lets say BTC-E decides publicly not to include it.
I believe PPC is here to stay and definetely will be a major thing. but one moment of glory is not enough. lets wait and see.
remember that namecoin was very low priced and sinking every day for a long time. it was not removed from major.  
I think we cant have changes in "major" part of the list 3 times a day, every time price changes.  

Activity: 160
Merit: 100
April 04, 2013, 12:41:24 PM
OP:  If PPCoin overtakes Namecoin in marketcap, will it qualify for the MAJOR: section?

http://dustcoin.com/mining

Activity: 28
April 03, 2013, 07:09:50 PM
no idea when the greedy sheisters introduced that rip-off.  Angry

I suggest any btc user to immediatly purge their accounts there  Angry
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002
April 03, 2013, 06:44:21 PM
to edit anything there, you must first pay a bribe of 1 € = .01 btc and can be kicked any time, so you must pay 1€ AGAIN to the masters of bootlicking.

I've never payed to edit there. Is that for new users?
April 03, 2013, 04:22:53 PM
Where's Mincoin?

its not even a dead coin, dead coins were alive and died. this is a stillborn. it is so bad at every possible way that it not deserves to be mentioned.

Like allways, if many altcoin community members disagree with me I will add it. but i dont think it will happen.
Activity: 46
April 03, 2013, 12:55:15 PM
I was thinking. What about a coin that is non anonymous (so nonymous..). I imagine stores would much rather have those...

Could this technically be possible? Would you need a new coin for it?
Activity: 28
April 03, 2013, 10:32:06 AM

All data has been added to the Wiki here... https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/List_of_alternative_cryptocurrencies

well that wiki is a f****** rip-off  Angry Angry

to edit anything there, you must first pay a bribe of 1 € = .01 btc and can be kicked any time, so you must pay 1€ AGAIN to the masters of bootlicking.

that wiki sucks big time and is a huge rip-off to enrich some f*****   Angry Angry
Pages:
Jump to: