Pages:
Author

Topic: List of Bitcoin Hostile (and friendly) Banks - page 12. (Read 171452 times)

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
December 01, 2013, 02:41:00 AM
I feel a bit proud our thread/article was mentioned by Global News

http://globalnews.ca/news/996853/as-bitcoin-surges-canadian-banks-make-converting-to-cash-difficult/
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
November 30, 2013, 10:42:21 PM
Rabobank did allow btc transactions before, Oct 9 in this thread:
I have used my Dutch Rabobank and SNS Bank accounts to buy Bitcoins from both BitStamp and MtGox. So they are friendly for now

But it has changed. Isokivi's reddit link is supported by nu.nl:
http://www.nu.nl/internet/3634064/rabobank-klanten-kunnen-lange-tijd-geen-bitcoins-kopen.html
Due to a "malfunction" 99% of all payments to exactly two bitcoin providers were blocked.

"It had nothing to do" with a leaked document a couple of days later, in which it was uncovered that the "Rabobank ethical commission" advices to "not cooperate with bitcoin trade":
http://tweakers.net/nieuws/92881/interne-commissie-rabobank-niet-meewerken-aan-bitcoin-handel.html

Rabobank is still in the top 3 Dutch banks, with ING and Abn Amro:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_banks_in_the_Netherlands#List_of_Major_banks

Isokivi is right, this is a no-brainer. The Dutch bank "Rabobank" should be added to the list.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
Activity: 80
November 27, 2013, 01:32:11 AM
You can add the following to this list as well:
- Currency Fair (www.currencyfair.com.au)
- World First FX (Worldfirst.com)

Both have denied any Bitcoin related business from using their services quoting "banking partners" and "unregulated environment". Doesn't make a whole lot sense since I was trying to send money TO an exchange and had supplied my company & personal identification but anyway.

Stu
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
November 26, 2013, 04:02:03 AM
There was a post on the Bank of America blog a week or 2 ago that was very pro-bitcoin. Also, I've spoken to my banker at BofA a couple of times about bitcoin investments and she has never mentioned anything negative about bitcoin or restrictions against it, which I'm sure she would have done if they were hostile towards it. So in my experience they seem to be pretty friendly towards it.

Chase definitely hates bitcoin and is doing everything in their power to shut it down.
Activity: 80
November 26, 2013, 01:44:00 AM
Hi,

Not quite a bank but OzForex.com.au has denied any Bitcoin related businesses.

Thanks,

Stuart
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
November 16, 2013, 10:44:08 AM
Metrobank is based out of the Philippines as far as I know.

Also in the UK:
https://www.google.com/search?q=metrobank&oq=metrobank&aqs=chrome..69i57j5j0l2.4479j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Since the list suggests problems with Intersango (an UK exchange) I would lean towards the UK Metrobank.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
November 13, 2013, 10:53:08 PM
Well, from experience, Wells Fargo kindly accepted a Coinbase Sell. Though it was $3.97.
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
November 13, 2013, 05:13:09 PM
Metrobank is based out of the Philippines as far as I know.

Also I have personally had no issues with Mellon Bank.
Activity: 378
Merit: 255
November 13, 2013, 05:19:45 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how Capital One is being blamed for Bitfloor.  As a Bitfloor user, we deposited directly into an account at Bank of America (and only Bank of America).  So if his account was shut down, wouldn't it be....Bank of America?
legendary
Activity: 1008
I am confused by this thread. How could we have 0 friendly banks listed in the US (except the IACFU)? Does nobody wire money to US banks from Bitcoin currency exchanges?
It's banks that are willing to work with bitcoin related businesses. Not being able to receive and send a wire or two to an exchange.

Again, many of the posts in this thread about about banks closing or warning about personal accounts.
Don't use a personal account for business, don't get warned.

I'm not sure what we're arguing about. A bank closing a personal account is a terrible thing and I want to avoid that at all costs! I am not doing any "business" with my personal account... I just want to sell some bitcoins and move the money into my personal account via wire transfer. It's not business, it's selling an asset so that I can buy a house. If a bank closes my account for doing this, then I want it listed on the HOSTILE-NEVER-USE-THIS-BANK list.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
@murraypaul
Again, many of the posts in this thread about about banks closing or warning about personal accounts.
Please elaborate. Where do you draw the line between personal and business?

@joesmoe2012: Thank you for starting such a list!
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I am confused by this thread. How could we have 0 friendly banks listed in the US (except the IACFU)? Does nobody wire money to US banks from Bitcoin currency exchanges?
It's banks that are willing to work with bitcoin related businesses. Not being able to receive and send a wire or two to an exchange.

Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

legendary
Activity: 1008
Activity: 476
You seem to be listing banks as Bitcoin-unfriendly because they are shutting personal accounts that people are using for Bitcoin business transactions.
They'd probably shut you down if you were doing Euro/Pound/Yen trading with your personal account too.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
If you have them all in one list, maybe could you make it a bit more clear rather than just using Italics? How about green / red?

Switzerland:

Coop Bank: http://swissbitcoins.ch/en/swissbitcoins-temporarily-suspends-business/

This was confirmed to me by the operator of swissbitcoins via email.
Activity: 442
What about UniCredit banks? It's known that Bitstamp  has an account there and they are doing without problems. I guess they are on friendly side Smiley

https://www.unicreditgroup.eu/en/banking-group.html
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Cavirtex dividend payouts are delayed until 2014 now
But I guess that means that in exchange banks accept bitcoin

BUT SOME AWESOME NEWS DID COME OUT YESTERDAY

Oct. 9, 2013, 3:05 p.m. - **Debit cards have arrived as a new withdrawal option! (In Beta)

In the interest of releasing this to the public quickly, we are proud to announce our Beta launch of Debit Cards that will work with ATM or POS terminals in Canada and even some internationally! For faster withdrawals you can now sell Bitcoins for CAD and then take out the cash at ATM's! There is a one-time fee of $10 to have the card mailed to you, once you have the card there is a low administration fee of $1.50 to add funds to the card. You must have VirtEx CAD to withdraw to this card and you must be cash or online verified but no bank account is required. Loads are performed once per business day at 5PM(MST) starting tomorrow.

The first step is to make sure your contact information has your correct address, this is where your card will be mailed by regular mail, next go to Withdraw CAD and choose an amount to withdraw A debit card (with PIN) will then be mailed to you but the amount will not be loaded until you have confirmed receipt of the card by submitting a ticket under the new category: ”Prepaid Debit”. You will then receive a confirmation e-mail when your first amount is loaded. More details will follow with the release of a full fee schedule for card use shortly. When Beta ends in approximately 1-2months we will enable live 24/7 loading of these cards the moment you press withdraw CAD! We will also allow for Canada express post rush card delivery shortly!

Oct. 1, 2013, 3:24 p.m. - Dividend Update

Joseph David : "There will be no dividend payout this quarter for the following reasons:
1) New banking relationships recently secured demand large capital reserves in order for them to work with us.
2) VirtEx is re-investing all revenues to grow our company and maintain our team of 15 employees, as well as investing in marketing and legal counsel.
I do intend on paying a dividend once the company shows sustained growth and profitability, and will be providing the next dividend update as well as financials by Q1 2014.”
Pages:
Jump to: