Pages:
Author

Topic: List of Bitcoin Hostile (and friendly) Banks - page 13. (Read 171452 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
I have used my Dutch Rabobank and SNS Bank accounts to buy Bitcoins from both BitStamp and MtGox. So they are friendly for now
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012
Beyond Imagination
My account in Swedbank in sweden has just been frozen and closed due to bitcoin related sales, into hostile list  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Seems like Capital One is now "officially" hostile towards Bitcoin:

http://mulliganmint.com/just-saying-bitcoin-is-like-saying-bomb-on-an-airplane/

To celebrate Bitcoin’s success and its principle, we launched the “Bitcoin Coin” last month. Like most of our products, the Bitcoin Coin is a precious metal coin, not a computer program or algorithm. The coin features the Bitcoin currency symbol on one side with a computer circuit board background. The reverse side is stamped with an operational QR code that can be scanned with a smartphone, taking the user to the M2 factory store....

...But Capital One did immediately shut down our merchant account to process credit card orders. Apparently, someone at the bank saw the word “Bitcoin” and didn’t bother to read the product description or any of our blogs about the coin.

It is Capital One’s policy not to do business with merchants who accept Bitcoin. That’s a business decision based upon Bitcoin’s anonymous nature and the alleged potential that it could be used for criminal activity.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053
Please do not PM me loan requests!
September 28, 2013, 10:45:43 AM
This should be stickied. Just sayin'.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
September 27, 2013, 08:46:41 PM
okay, I have changed the format of the list a little bit as well. Instead of having two lists, one for good banks and one for bad, i've now made it so that its just one big list sorted by country.

Can't speak for everyone, but I thought the old format was a little easier to read.  In any case, thanks for keeping the list up to date.
Activity: 882
Merit: 501
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
okay, I have changed the format of the list a little bit as well. Instead of having two lists, one for good banks and one for bad, i've now made it so that its just one big list sorted by country.

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
I have also gone ahead and added some additional information on IAFCU's recent developments.

As always, if you have any additional information to ad anywhere (links especially appreciated) please post here and I'll add them to the OP.

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
BMO and the Bank Of Montreal are the same bank. You have BMO listed as hostile and Bank Of Montreal as friendly.

Have removed bank of montreal. I didn't know they were the same, thanks for the contribution!
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
Woops missed that one
https://www.cavirtex.com/news?page=4

"June 14, 2013, 4:32 p.m. - BMO Cash deposits not accepted, alternate cash plan - click here

BMO has just decided to stop accepting cash deposits directly to the corporate account. This applies to all users both verified and unverified. Please do not attempt to deposit cash in person at BMO using the cash deposit notification, this option will be disabled on the site on Monday. The good news is that we were planning for this possibility and have alternate cash deposit methods, the full details of which will be released early next week. Thank you for your continued support."

Added to BMO, thanks for contributing!
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198
This is not OK.
FYI, Metrobank is based in the UK.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Woops missed that one
https://www.cavirtex.com/news?page=4

"June 14, 2013, 4:32 p.m. - BMO Cash deposits not accepted, alternate cash plan - click here

BMO has just decided to stop accepting cash deposits directly to the corporate account. This applies to all users both verified and unverified. Please do not attempt to deposit cash in person at BMO using the cash deposit notification, this option will be disabled on the site on Monday. The good news is that we were planning for this possibility and have alternate cash deposit methods, the full details of which will be released early next week. Thank you for your continued support."
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
BMO and the Bank Of Montreal are the same bank. You have BMO listed as hostile and Bank Of Montreal as friendly.
Activity: 910
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
Activity: 141

very good and informative list thank you
Activity: 224
No surprise my current bank is listed as hostile, their complete business structure is archaic and outdated. Looks like I'll be switching over to our "friends" over at BMO.
Activity: 910
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong
You can add Popmoney to the the list they shutdown payments to LiteTree Exchange.
Source link please Smiley

On a sidenote
Canadianbitcoins
Aug 6 2013   TAYPE INTERNATIONAL has been temporarily replaced with DIRECT WORLD for all Bill Payment Banks. Please do not send any payments to your TAYPE payee if you already have one setup in your online banking.Aug 6 2013
Cavirtex
Aug. 6, 2013, 3:11 p.m. - New Bill Payment Provider - Vogogo
For rapid and secure processing of your online bill payments, we have partnered with Vogogo. One of the main reasons for this is to increase the speed of processing.

Okay, added, thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: