Pages:
Author

Topic: List of court cases, complaints, regulatory actions, etc. - page 5. (Read 196359 times)

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
till now they is not low against bitcoin so you can exchange it to $ in Dark market or with friends
Activity: 70
Thhis is very disapointing

This is very disappointing !!
Activity: 110
Thhis is very disapointing
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
It is very disturbing to deal with this type of situation as the consumer or customer. To have all of this on file and to be an expert on this matter must come back and haunt anyone.
Activity: 48
i hate it when there is a list of complaints about people that have nothing better to do than to bother others. There is allot of haters out there
Activity: 16
The torrent site Pirate Bai has unknowingli exploited the power computing users computers.A lot of this torrent have embarked a donation throught Bitcoin,
Activity: 16
Pirate Bai used users for mining and to get Bitcoin>  www.wired.it
Activity: 61
How many days bitcoin go to the 5000$? Smiley
Activity: 61
Change bitcoin or not?
Activity: 86
With the increase of popularity of cryptocurrency, specially bitcoin, some countries and banks are willing to regulate those activities. But for the moment no one has found the ideal way in which both users and entities find themselves comfortables. Certainly, to continue growing and be considered as a real common option of currency, cryptocurrency needs to be reliable, and for that, needs to be regulated.

I was reading this article in which Special Counsel Roy Keidar and Associate Netanella Treistman of law firm Yigal Arnon & Co examine how blockchain can help to the anti-money laundering (AML) issues that crypto-currencies face, and in this way make this technology more well trusted for the audience:

https://bravenewcoin.com/news/blockchain-could-provide-the-answer-to-the-anti-money-laundering-issues-that-crypto-currencies-face/

What is interesting of this article is the introduction of the idea, that probably for us is totally obvious, of change the prisma from where AML regulations are seeing Cryptocurrency. Instead to look at it like the enemy it can be the most reliable key to control their issues.

For example to adjust to the Know Your Client (KYC) process:  "thanks to blockchain technology, crypto-currencies inherently possess the potential to actually reduce AML risks when compared with fiat currencies. The blockchain is an online public ledger, where each transaction is supervised, validated and recorded as a complete transaction history. Public ledger viewers and crypto-miners are immediately notified of any transfer from one holder to another."... "the blockchain protocol could be revised to limit transactions to KYC-verified wallets only." (extracted from the article)

What I am wondering is: are users of cryptocurrency willing to pay the price associated to the implementation of this kind of regulations, such as higher transaction costs and less anonymity?

Activity: 70
good regulation will make digital currency more reliable. blockchain as a major successor must provide an inertial equality for every investor who comes. through this jamianan then of course will be an excess that poses a positive impact in society cryptocurency
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
Regulatory concerns appear to hit bitcoin and other cryptos in my area of jurisdiction.
Activity: 1
Search and Seizure Warrant, by U.S. District Court (Middle District, TN)
September 13, 2012

Abstract: The U.S. Secret Service, investigating the Romney tax return extortion attempt, obtains a search warrant to allow for the seizure of Michael M. Brown's Bitcoin wallet.  They did seize much computer equipment, some personal effects and a notepaper containing passwords.

- http://mbdonationfund.com/images/documents/search_warrant.pdf

Further discussion here:

The Plot Thickens in the Bizarre Bitcoin Blackmail Caper
- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/2012-11-12-american-banker-the-plot-thickens-in-the-bizarre-bitcoin-blackmail-c-123956

Activity: 9
An interesting read about Bitcoin & legislation...
Oct. 26, 2011

Abstract: (Allegedly) the British regulator FSA responds to a question regarding Bitcoin's legal status as a monetary instrument.

- https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/an-interesting-read-about-bitcoin-legislation-49862
GCE
Activity: 3
Hello,
just signed up and wanted to say hello to all forum members.
I am international legal advisor, practicing in Sofia, Bulgaria. The experience with numerous client engaged with crypto trading, setting up their businesses and arranging their proper maintenance, involved me and made me keen on the crypto world.

Looking forward to improve my knowledge on cryptos, find some good investments opportunities, discuss current development with users in the know.
I am available to help and share my experience in terms of legislations, regulations, etc. regarding BTC.

Cheers!

Hi mate,
Does Bulgaria have something in common with crypto legislation or regulation?
I’d never heard it to be crypto friendly country. And what projects are you already accomplished with?

Hi,

there is not dedicated legislation and regulation on bitcoin industry. Bitcoin as virtual currency is not considered legal tender by Bulgarian court. This is official court opinion on the matter after taken into consideration positions of Bulgarian National Bank (BNB) and the Financial Supervision Commission (FSC).

There is a high demand for bitcoin/altcoin/cryptocurrency companies which can be created and entered into Bulgarian company register without any limitations on commercial activity. Bulgarian authorities are not restrictive to bitcoin, so the business environment is excellent for such development. We are able to provide future clients with limited company, fully packed with VAT registration, company stamp, etc. + assistance with corporate account opening.

If you need more details or just want to have a talk on the topic, PM me Smiley
Activity: 19
Legality Status of Bitcoin in India

In India bitcoin is not illegal but the controlling Reserve Bank of India issues warning instructions regarding bitcoin investment on regular intervals. The officials said that the Central bank is not comfortable with cryptocurrencies and they may regulate it in near future.

There are no instructions regarding the legality of bitcoin mining activity, but the regulations can be issued in near future. There are some news that government may launch its own cryptocurrency.

Source: https://finasko.com/question/bitcoin-mining-legal-india/
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
Hello,
I am international legal advisor, practicing in Sofia, Bulgaria. The experience with numerous client engaged with crypto trading, setting up their businesses and arranging their proper maintenance, involved me and made me keen on the crypto world.

Looking forward to improve my knowledge on cryptos, find some good investments opportunities, discuss current development with users in the know.
I am available to help and share my experience in terms of legislations, regulations, etc. regarding BTC.

Cheers!

Hi mate,
Does Bulgaria have something in common with crypto legislation or regulation?
I’d never heard it to be crypto friendly country. And what projects are you already accomplished with?
GCE
Activity: 3
Hello,

Cheers!
Activity: 42
I guess it's the cost of dealing with an unregulated item.
Pages:
Jump to: