Pages:
Author

Topic: List of fraudulent compaines and corporate failures - page 2. (Read 8560 times)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
ASICMINER and Satoshi Dice are probably the biggest success stories. What they seem to have in common is competence in their team and from early on were very pragmatic in the way they responded investors (with the exception of when MP did the talking for S.Dice). They never promised the world to anyone.

I think Rental Starter is proving to be a champion in the space. It's shaping up to be a prime example in proving that Bitcoin investors shouldn't necessarily have their options limited. I think in the near future quality start-ups from many fields will take advantage of Crypto funding and technologies that are associated with that - such as the decentralized exchanges. Assuming Bitcoin continues to do well. And more serious projects would more likely be interested in P2P stocks rather than un(self)regulated centralized ones (that have like a 50% fail rate?).

Can someone come up with the ball park number of how much money was put up in total by the community to fund projects?
Activity: 588
Merit: 504
You would have a much shorter list compiling list of non fraudulent companies and corporate successes in bitcoin space
Activity: 299
Merit: 250
IceDrill / Cryptomex.io

1. keeping shares hostage
2. no dividend payed (aside of one testing occasion) after 4 months
3, funds moving from mining address without any explanations
4. unreasonable kyc conditions (change in contract terms!)
5. complete waste of investors money on scammish looking cryptomex exchange with only one listed security

Now they are basically copying COG scam. Building momentum in investor's anger to the point of liquidation and suddenly a sock puppet will appear in a form of a "liquidation manager" who will give investor's back a few cents on a dollar and disappear. They might address the public once or twice in the meantime.

Activity: 428
Merit: 100
Will For Cryptomex.

Investors cant buy or sell their shares with out filling out a KYC form,
that could be used to scam in future.

https://www.cryptomex.io/cryptomex/docs/CryptoMex%20-%20Account%20Opening%20Form%20-%20Individual%20%28140429%29%20Final.pdf

notice how they want to know if you have mental illness  Undecided
Activity: 428
I nominate Icedrill.

They are doing the Hasfast Scam almost down to the letter,
Miners now missing and holding Shares entitlements hostage.
Activity: 393
http://trilema.com/2012/the-bitcoin-drama-timeline/

trilema documents lots of the scams

there are also the scam asic manufacturers: BFL, Active/Virtual, HashFast, Cointerra, Bitmine...

Thanks for the heads up.  If you have specific companies with details post them here when i have time I will do my own additional digging but untill then if you find anything else let me know.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Kr,

Malcolm O

I would add KNC as "person of interest", http://www.coindesk.com/problems-plague-kncminer-broken-super-jupiters-arrive-doorsteps/

I'd suggest reading the comments...

As for success stories Smiley I guess the one at the top of the list would be ASICminer (at least for IPO investors who definitely achieved ROI, not sure about the ones who bought before the fall of Burnside's exchange - BTCT)
Activity: 167
It would be quite constructive to list success stories and study common characteristics of their approach, team, product/service, e.t.c.

I agree, there is a posting somewhere with a list of all the bitcoin related thefts and losses it is presented in a format that is very easy to read.

Do you think that it is appropriate to list fraud with failures? One is the company intentionally stealing funds while the other is simply a failed business (most small businesses fail within 5 years).

Somewhere where is it ?

Kr,

Malcolm O

there are also the scam asic manufacturers: BFL, Active/Virtual, HashFast, Cointerra, Bitmine...

Thanks for the heads up.  If you have specific companies with details post them here when i have time I will do my own additional digging but untill then if you find anything else let me know.

Thanks again for the heads up.

Kr,

Malcolm O
It would be quite constructive to list success stories and study common characteristics of their approach, team, product/service, e.t.c.

I agree, there is a posting somewhere with a list of all the bitcoin related thefts and losses it is presented in a format that is very easy to read.

Do you think that it is appropriate to list fraud with failures? One is the company intentionally stealing funds while the other is simply a failed business (most small businesses fail within 5 years).

I am trying and I think it will improve as we go along (I will get someone else to make it look pretty down the line) so please keep the suggestions coming in. In regards to frauds and failures at this stage when the crypto market is so new i think its viable to lump them together in many cases its difficult to separate both.   For example 50% of the cases showed to me displayed some kind of internal or external fraud that assisted with their companies failure.

Kind Regards,

Malcolm O
Activity: 448
It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

Activity: 30
Merit: 0
what are you gonna do with this info you are collecting by the way?

Dear River boat Smiley GOOD QUESTION.

I will reveal all once the list is mature.

At the moment it will serve as a warning and a reminder to prospective investors to do proper research on companies before they invest.

Kr,

Malcolm O

Hum, did you consider making a list of the successful ones? That would take no time

HAHAHAH i didn't notice this comment one thing at a time. I like the challenge of this one more.  But it makes sense to do both.

Kr,

Malcolm O
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!

At the moment it will serve as a warning and a reminder to prospective investors to do proper research on companies before they invest.

Kr,

Malcolm O

Hum, did you consider making a list of the successful ones? That would take no time
lmao!!  How true is this statement?  I have a feeling this list wouldn't take him anytime at all to develop!
Activity: 393

Kr,

Malcolm O

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
Let's not forget the three assets on CS run by fasbit as well.

FAS, FASBIT, and GRID

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptostocksfas-fasbit-hows-your-math-you-made-on-the-dividend-457431

*Looks like user Thy had this fella pegged since the first part of February!
Activity: 462
Lux e tenebris

Activity: 420
Deprived Mining Speculation (DMS) - Operator of the fund ran off with the money / became a drunk
Link to thread:  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/btc-tc-deprived-mining-speculation-dms-228327
Lost BTC: ~415
Activity: 223
BTCQuick - Hacked/Incompetence/Shut down without warning - Jerrod Bunce
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
Pages:
Jump to: