Pages:
Author

Topic: List of Major Bitcoin Heists, Thefts, Hacks, Scams, and Losses [Old] - page 5. (Read 294947 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
PicoStocks claims it was hacked, including "cold" storage.
5800 BTC.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/picostocks-bitcoin-stock-exchange-133147

Another one? How many were in November alone?
Activity: 24
Merit: 0
Thus the mention that if his wallet address etc can be verified. More effort than its worth for outsiders to randomly look for unless someones bored but still a significant loss if it's verified Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
You might want to include (at least until its found (if its found)) and if we can find the guys wallet address
James Howells Loss (lost wallet) 7500BTC lost.
Believes his wallet is currently sitting on a hard drive in a British land fill and is trying to search for it.

Without any proof, OP shouldn't add this.

I have lost a USB drive with 1,000,000 BTC please help me find it.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 24
You might want to include (at least until its found (if its found)) and if we can find the guys wallet address
James Howells Loss (lost wallet) 7500BTC lost.
Believes his wallet is currently sitting on a hard drive in a British land fill and is trying to search for it.
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
Who thought that it is really profitable to get "hacked"  not to hack somebody else account.
There will always be someone who will have innovative ideas in the scamming field.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
Who thought that it is really profitable to get "hacked"  not to hack somebody else account.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
Activity: 16
Didn't think there were this many heists with BTC.
legendary
Thanks to those of you who are helping me keep things up to date. It's been a busy time for me, but at last I have some time again! I will work on incorporating the rather large backlog tomorrow.
legendary
rat
Activity: 253
Merit: 250
Add http://bitclockers.com/ to the list.

They closed up shop and walked off with a ton of coins.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
nearly dead
Why isn't inputs.io in this list?

This needs to be added ^^ .

...and coinlenders Sad

Better just add TF and the services related to him.
Activity: 811
Merit: 1004
legendary
My time is better spent updating the list to finish the ever-expanding backlog than resolving contentious topics such as these. A footnote will hopefully resolve this dispute. It will probably come in the next update.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Sure losses, but I dont find it relevant.
Fortunately for those of us who aren't paid propaganda agents, this does not exist to serve your personal preferences.

If you don't like it, don't click on the thread.

I am not in the business of propaganda. Actually I clicked the thread on the purpose of learning a bit more about whatever people have lost to scams and thieves on intent of finding ways to bait and catch thieves and scammers, and upon finding the SR seizure among reported thievery puts one off, but I suppose all of you advocate criminal activity unless it directly affects you.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
Sure losses, but I dont find it relevant.
Fortunately for those of us who aren't paid propaganda agents, this does not exist to serve your personal preferences.

If you don't like it, don't click on the thread.
Really? You are going to list the SR Seizure as a heist, theft or scam? Its legitimate evidence of supporting Criminal Enterprise. Its not theft, its siezing funds from ill gotten business. Along with arresting DPR who is a criminal that belongs in prison anyway, and I would like to see the FBI use its new found evidence to track down and lock up every single dealer that used SR. Its an awesome bust. It needs to be shown in its proper light of good police work and law enforcement!

"List of Major Bitcoin Heists, Thefts, Hacks, Scams, and Losses"

FBI seizure #1: SR users lost their BTC
FBI seizure #2: SR admin lost his BTC

Sure losses, but I dont find it relevant. It was criminal enterprise being shut down. Its not an undue loss thats for sure.
legendary
Really? You are going to list the SR Seizure as a heist, theft or scam? Its legitimate evidence of supporting Criminal Enterprise. Its not theft, its siezing funds from ill gotten business. Along with arresting DPR who is a criminal that belongs in prison anyway, and I would like to see the FBI use its new found evidence to track down and lock up every single dealer that used SR. Its an awesome bust. It needs to be shown in its proper light of good police work and law enforcement!

"List of Major Bitcoin Heists, Thefts, Hacks, Scams, and Losses"

FBI seizure #1: SR users lost their BTC
FBI seizure #2: SR admin lost his BTC
I am not confused at all. Running a business purporting drug sales, illegal weapons, and murder for hire is a crime, regardless of success.
Silk Road only did the first one - not that selling weapons is bad.
Unless you think slavery and concentration camps are good, things being written on pieces of paper do not make things right on wrong.

Actually SR did all three, and i made it clear it was illegal weapons, which is bad. Law Enforcement and police work to catch criminals has nothing to do with the slavery or concentration camps you are implying, whats wrong with you? I make a strong point and you try and defend it with conspiracy nutjob theories....whatever bro.
Pages:
Jump to: