Pages:
Author

Topic: List of Major Bitcoin Heists, Thefts, Hacks, Scams, and Losses [Old] - page 7. (Read 294947 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1076
I came across this today, but haven't seen much information about it.

http://www.coindesk.com/4-1m-goes-missing-chinese-bitcoin-trading-platform-gbl-vanishes/

The related thread has people claiming it's a scam from the start.

Man, it's getting hard to keep up! I'll add the new ones after the ones already on the backlog.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
I AM A DRAGON
Add BFL and maybe keep an eye on inputs.io
Activity: 470
Merit: 250
I came across this today, but haven't seen much information about it.

http://www.coindesk.com/4-1m-goes-missing-chinese-bitcoin-trading-platform-gbl-vanishes/

The related thread has people claiming it's a scam from the start.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
legendary
I have added the ZigGap incident. Coming up are Silk Road v2, 50BTC, and Inputs.io. Hopefully I can get most of these done today.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
Stolen my eye. He just left over a million dollars in bitcoins on the server, after all his talk about security?

Very true, and updated my post to reflect the funds being..."stolen"...

There's not enough information for me to make an informed opinion yet...but seriously, who keeps BTC4100 in a hot wallet? It seems like criminal negligence at that point...

Going to need to agree with Korbman why was their so much in the hot wallet it should have been in a cold wallet, the talk about security systems from a few months back is also a point. Although I recall TF did say it was not his program still.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1000
- - -Caveat Aleo- - -
Yes the Inputs.io Hack will rank #1 or #2 on the all time list.  Sad
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
Stolen my eye. He just left over a million dollars in bitcoins on the server, after all his talk about security?

Very true, and updated my post to reflect the funds being..."stolen"...

There's not enough information for me to make an informed opinion yet...but seriously, who keeps BTC4100 in a hot wallet? It seems like criminal negligence at that point...
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
Not inputs.io. Cheesy

Just as a reference point for this comment: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3504172

BTC4100 has apparently been stolen from Inputs.io. Not much information yet, but it still needs attention.

legendary
The backlog grows...

A weekend is coming soon so I will add the missing thefts then.

Don't forget inputs.io

It's on the backlog, of course. Not easy to forget about this one because of its relative size.
Activity: 812
Merit: 505
The Last NXT Founder
The backlog grows...

Don't forget inputs.io
legendary
The backlog grows...

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
Not inputs.io. Cheesy

Just as a reference point for this comment: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3504172

BTC4100 has apparently been "stolen" from Inputs.io. Not much information yet, but it still needs attention.

Activity: 661
Merit: 500
Anyone know if anyone ever got any bitcoins/USD from the bitcoinica fiasco?  I had 150BTC in bitcoinica, but unfortunately missed the deadline earlier this year to submit my claim.  Ooops.  Just curious if any bitcoin/usd ever materialized for anyone, or if they remain "locked up" in Gox.

No, we are still working on it. Gox is not playing nice, holding to coins hostage and using the coins for leverage.

I've already accepted that I won't ever get any of those coins back, and at this point I consider Gox at least as responsible for that as everyone who was involved in bitcoinica.

Mt. Gox (Mark) has kept the money and BTC. They had the ability to pass it on but refused. Sad

Are there any possible legitimate reasons for him to behave this way?

They say it is "company policy" but refuse to explain what that policy is.

This should be stickied to the top of every forum.  When in the hell are we going to get our cash + coins back?
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
Anyone know if anyone ever got any bitcoins/USD from the bitcoinica fiasco?  I had 150BTC in bitcoinica, but unfortunately missed the deadline earlier this year to submit my claim.  Ooops.  Just curious if any bitcoin/usd ever materialized for anyone, or if they remain "locked up" in Gox.

No, we are still working on it. Gox is not playing nice, holding to coins hostage and using the coins for leverage.

I've already accepted that I won't ever get any of those coins back, and at this point I consider Gox at least as responsible for that as everyone who was involved in bitcoinica.

Mt. Gox (Mark) has kept the money and BTC. They had the ability to pass it on but refused. Sad

Are there any possible legitimate reasons for him to behave this way?
legendary
Anyone know if anyone ever got any bitcoins/USD from the bitcoinica fiasco?  I had 150BTC in bitcoinica, but unfortunately missed the deadline earlier this year to submit my claim.  Ooops.  Just curious if any bitcoin/usd ever materialized for anyone, or if they remain "locked up" in Gox.

legendary
Anyone know if anyone ever got any bitcoins/USD from the bitcoinica fiasco?  I had 150BTC in bitcoinica, but unfortunately missed the deadline earlier this year to submit my claim.  Ooops.  Just curious if any bitcoin/usd ever materialized for anyone, or if they remain "locked up" in Gox.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
judging from this list, does anyone have suggestions for whats currently most secure online wallet?
There's no such thing as a secure online wallet, and there never will be due to the nature of Bitcoin.

At best, there's blockchain.info. It's the least insecure of all of them due to how it is designed.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
judging from this list, does anyone have suggestions for whats currently most secure online wallet?
Pages:
Jump to: