Pages:
Author

Topic: [LIST] Wallets supporting Taproot - page 3. (Read 3228 times)

Activity: 1078
Merit: 730
Rollbit - Crypto Futures
June 14, 2023, 03:39:16 AM
You are right that in Nunchuk Wallet there are 24 seeds.
For me, a relatively new wallet that I don't dare to use.
We have discussed on the Bitcoin Wallet for Android board that the process of creating a Nunchuk wallet also requires an active email for each user to register even though there is an option to enter guest mode.

I opened a new nunchuk wallet without email.  The wallet has that option.
You can open or create a new wallet in Nunchuk in guest mode, you don't have to go through an active email.
This means that you may register with an email and may also register without using an email or via guest mode as I have mentioned.

in general, I liked it, and the seed phrase from it is perceived by other wallets, which is convenient and provides at least a minimal guarantee of saving your bitcoins in case of any problems with the wallet.  And problems sometimes happen, like recently with the Atomic wallet.
If you like the Nunchuk wallet, I don't mind it because it has pretty good features as seen when I tried to open it. But I'm generally not interested in switching from the wallet I'm currently using as it's up to us to take care of the guarantees for storing Bitcoin
Activity: 1610
Merit: 864
June 14, 2023, 01:52:12 AM

We have discussed on the Bitcoin Wallet for Android board that the process of creating a Nunchuk wallet also requires an active email for each user to register even though there is an option to enter guest mode.

I opened a new nunchuk wallet without email.  The wallet has that option.  in general, I liked it, and the seed phrase from it is perceived by other wallets, which is convenient and provides at least a minimal guarantee of saving your bitcoins in case of any problems with the wallet.  And problems sometimes happen, like recently with the Atomic wallet.
Rollbit - Crypto Futures
June 11, 2023, 04:38:19 AM
I checked.  Seed-24, created in Nunchuk, and the one that OneKey accepts, ... ...
Nunchuk Wallet is still very new even though it supports the Taproot service.

New users who have never used Unstopable Wallet, when they want to install it is also very easy.
1. Download the application on the website
2. Open Installed apps
3. Tick All Terms and agree
4. Create a New Wallet
5. Backup Phrase to save
6. Unstopable wallet ready to use
Thank you very for this little guidelines.
You're welcome.
It's pretty easy to use Wallet Unstoppable.
If there are people around you who use Trust Wallet, recommend Unstoppable Wallet to them.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 4776
June 10, 2023, 04:51:29 PM
From the OP which he has listed some of the wallets that supports Taproot. Under the mobile wallet there is no list and also I didn't see Wasabi wallet under the Software Wallets. So can those be added to it.
Both mobile and desktop wallets are regarded as software wallet. Example is Muun wallet which has an Android app.

Wasabi is not generating P2TR addresses yet, it can only send to taproot addresses and also can receive taproot outputs from coinjoin.
Activity: 826
Merit: 1222
June 10, 2023, 04:28:43 PM
I know that I am in the ignore list of the OP, so. My comments are not showing in his screen. But when I see the topic it is interested me though I don't know what was Taproot and this made me to do some research on it and I got the whole stuff. So I will like participate. Because I am here to learn things from bitcoin and crypto.
From the OP which he has listed some of the wallets that supports Taproot. Under the mobile wallet there is no list and also I didn't see Wasabi wallet under the Software Wallets. So can those be added to it.

New users who have never used Unstopable Wallet, when they want to install it is also very easy.
2. Open Installed apps
4. Create a New Wallet
5. Backup Phrase to save
Thank you very for this little guidelines.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
June 10, 2023, 03:55:20 AM
They partially [receiving only] support it in their mobile app but for some reason, it'll be visible once your Taproot address on their desktop app has some funds [quite strange]:
-snip-

It looks like that's no longer the case. I just tested it and you can now activate it by going to your BTC settings -> Activate taproot and then generate the address from your receiving window as you would normally do with your other addresses.
April 28, 2023, 03:15:36 PM
I checked.  Seed-24, created in Nunchuk, and the one that OneKey accepts, Unstoppable.money perceives the same way. 
Of course, don't forget to enable BIP86. 
Thus already three wallets can replace each other for those of you who have this seed mainnet. Smiley
Rollbit - Crypto Futures
April 28, 2023, 07:36:15 AM
For those who already have a wallet, you can add it  this way (strange way to implement this imo):
Pretty easy.

1. On the balances page, tap on bitcoin.
2. Tap the charts button

3. Scroll down under the price/charts.
4. You will see a list of BIPs -> click on 'Show more' -> Select BIP86.

5. That's it. You should now be able to see the wallet.

Taproot support in Unstoppable Wallet on Apr 25, 2023 is a great progress in our opinion for this wallet since version 0.1 on Dec 24, 2018 and version 0.2 on Feb 15, 2019 which is just Decentralized Transaction Explore.

2. Open Installed apps
4. Create a New Wallet
5. Backup Phrase to save
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 6871
April 26, 2023, 03:56:35 PM
Last week, I made a "comment on another thread" about OneKey adding support for Taproot "
OneKey wallet app added to the list.
I tested this app before and it can be used even without their hardware wallet, it is open source and it now looks different from original Trezor app.
There is no surprise for me that OneKey added Taproot support, because they are forked from Trezor that already have this feature.

In addition to that, I found a mobile wallet earlier [Xverse (they also have a browser extension)] that to a certain extent supports Taproot, but I'm having mixed feelings about its inclusion on this thread:
For now I am not going to add this wallet to the list.

Unstoppable.money pushed an update yesterday
Cool.
Unstoppable wallet added to the list of software mobile wallets with Taproor support.
I really like how this app works, it is currently one of the best mobile wallets with mutlicoin support, and adding Taproot support is great.

Add   * in the first post of the Nunchuk wallet.  
Added.
Thank you.
staff
April 26, 2023, 04:53:01 AM
Unstoppable.money pushed an update yesterday

For those who already have a wallet, you can add it  this way (strange way to implement this imo):

1. On the balances page, tap on bitcoin.
2. Tap the charts button
3. Scroll down under the price/charts.
4. You will see a list of BIPs -> click on 'Show more' -> Select BIP86.
5. That's it. You should now be able to see the wallet.
April 21, 2023, 02:36:59 PM
Blixt on this seed gives a completely different score bc1q....(segwit).
I've never tried them, but it appears that it's turned off by default so you need to "enable it from the settings".

Blixt does not accept in any way seed-24 created in Nunchuk.  The seed that only accepts OneKey.  Seems like Blist seed-24 is the seed of the wallet itself.  Switching an account to Taproot simply opens up such an account in Blixt itself, and this wallet does not give you the opportunity to get a mainnet seed.  In any case, I did not find a solution - how to do it. ?
In this part, Blixt [Taproot] can be considered as a custodial wallet. Sad
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 3368
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 21, 2023, 07:25:58 AM
Thank you  SFR10 for your valuable advice!
You're very welcome Smiley

I've never tried them, but it appears that it's turned off by default so you need to "enable it from the settings".

Blue also does not accept Taproot and gives the same score bc1q ..
Yes, there's still no Taproot support on the BlueWallet.

Maybe it's just too early for the widespread adoption of Taproot on phones.  But with Segwit, the implementation also took a long time.  
You have a point, but it's not limited to mobile wallets only.
April 20, 2023, 02:01:47 PM
And what I found as a result of my experiments: I tested Muun, OneKey, Nunchuk, Blixt ... and a few more Android wallets.  
It turned out that indeed bc1p accounts ... can be opened.  But none of the wallets gives you the opportunity to find out the seed or private key of your BTC mainnet account.  Thus, you do not have full control of the taproot account opened with a mobile phone.  
I just did a quick import test with the seed phrases of Nunchuck and I was able to successfully recover and see my Taproot address on the OneKey app [there's also an export private key option (Click on your account type > 3 dots > View details > Export private key)]!
- It's worth noting that seed phrases are shown prior to the creation of your wallet.
Thank you  SFR10 for your valuable advice!

I also checked this procedure ---> opened a Taproot account in Nunchuk, got a seed.  Then opened OneKey.  And indeed, the Taproot score entered for this seed turned out to be the same.  
It looks like this is the seed mainnet. ?
However, none of the other wallets accept this seed.  
Muun doesn't want to restore anything at all.
Blue also does not accept Taproot and gives the same score bc1q ..
In short, it turns out some kind of chaos.  Smiley 
As long as I get it.  Maybe it's just too early for the widespread adoption of Taproot on phones.  But with Segwit, the implementation also took a long time.  

By the way OP, !  
Add   * in the first post of the Nunchuk wallet.  
He became a worker and from a mobile phone.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 20, 2023, 03:47:26 AM
And what I found as a result of my experiments: I tested Muun, OneKey, Nunchuk, Blixt ... and a few more Android wallets.  
It turned out that indeed bc1p accounts ... can be opened.  But none of the wallets gives you the opportunity to find out the seed or private key of your BTC mainnet account.  Thus, you do not have full control of the taproot account opened with a mobile phone.  
I just did a quick import test with the seed phrases of Nunchuck and I was able to successfully recover and see my Taproot address on the OneKey app [there's also an export private key option (Click on your account type > 3 dots > View details > Export private key)]!
- It's worth noting that seed phrases are shown prior to the creation of your wallet.
April 20, 2023, 12:52:39 AM
Dear OP, colleagues in our forum!  

I wanted to open a new tsproot account (P2TR) using some kind of mobile phone wallet.  

I would be very grateful if any of you, dear colleagues, would clarify the situation and talk about this way of opening a new Taproot account via mobile phone and with the fact that you will have a seed/privatkey from it in BTC mainnet.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1703
Betcoin.ag
April 13, 2023, 02:21:29 AM
-snip-
Maybe what they mean is to restore the Ordinal in one wallet, because when creating a new wallet there will be 2 addresses for Bitcoin Payment and specifically for Ordinal.

When we mistakenly send BTC coins to the Ordinals wallet that you should send to the Bitcoin payment Wallet, it can still be withdrawn to the correct address.
and when we send Ordinals NFTs not to the Bitcoin Payment address we can move them to the Ordinals address. 

This feature is for "Ordinals stuck in BTC address and BTC stuck in Ordinals address"

Simply like Bitcoin (Layer1 does not support Ordinal Taproot) and Ordinal Wallet (Layer2 supports NFt ordinal Taproot).

You can see the full thread on Xverse's Twitter account.
https://twitter.com/xverseApp/status/1641905670793437185

Exodus wallet also explains the Recover Bitcoin Ordinal feature and then redirects to the Xverse wallet.
https://www.exodus.com/support/article/2831-bitcoin-ordinal-nfts
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 11, 2023, 05:04:30 PM
Last week, I made a "comment on another thread" about OneKey adding support for Taproot "a few weeks back", but somehow I forgot to mention it here.

In addition to that, I found a mobile wallet earlier [Xverse (they also have a browser extension)] that to a certain extent supports Taproot, but I'm having mixed feelings about its inclusion on this thread:

legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 7471
🔐Icarus CEO💳
March 07, 2023, 03:16:03 PM
✂️
It shouldn't be so hard for them to make simple website for this wallet  Roll Eyes

i think so too. and whoever is able to develop a wallet should also have the knowledge to create a website for his project.
but as you say - let's wait before you add it to your list Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 6871
March 06, 2023, 04:16:15 PM
I just found another wallet [Arctic] that claims it has "added support for SegWit and Taproot addresses" in their second February update, but when I checked their Windows and Android apps, I couldn't find a way to change the default Legacy address!
I will wait more before adding this wallet to the list until they clearly make public release and after someone test if everything is working fine.
Not being open source is a big negative grade for me, so I will not be recommending it any time soon.

according to this tweet, the software wallet Iris also supports the p2tr (taproot) addresses since the last quarter 2022
https://github.com/RGB-Tools/iris-wallet-android
Iris wallet is a pure mobile wallet that is currently only available for android devices
Thank you for posting suggestion, but let's wait for them to release mainnet version of Iris wallet before adding it to my list of supported wallets.
I couldn't find any website so far, and only thing I could find is their social media accounts and github page.
It shouldn't be so hard for them to make simple website for this wallet  Roll Eyes
staff
March 05, 2023, 05:20:58 AM
according to this tweet, the software wallet Iris also supports the p2tr (taproot) addresses since the last quarter 2022
https://github.com/RGB-Tools/iris-wallet-android
Iris wallet is a pure mobile wallet that is currently only available for android devices

I installed the wallet, it looks like they only support the testnet.

I can see that the account is called "Bitfinex labs" in Google play. Are they developed by the exchange?
Pages:
Jump to: