Pages:
Author

Topic: [LIST] Wallets supporting Taproot - page 4. (Read 3459 times)

Activity: 1610
Merit: 879
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
April 20, 2023, 02:01:47 PM
And what I found as a result of my experiments: I tested Muun, OneKey, Nunchuk, Blixt ... and a few more Android wallets.  
It turned out that indeed bc1p accounts ... can be opened.  But none of the wallets gives you the opportunity to find out the seed or private key of your BTC mainnet account.  Thus, you do not have full control of the taproot account opened with a mobile phone.  
I just did a quick import test with the seed phrases of Nunchuck and I was able to successfully recover and see my Taproot address on the OneKey app [there's also an export private key option (Click on your account type > 3 dots > View details > Export private key)]!
- It's worth noting that seed phrases are shown prior to the creation of your wallet.
Thank you  SFR10 for your valuable advice!

I also checked this procedure ---> opened a Taproot account in Nunchuk, got a seed.  Then opened OneKey.  And indeed, the Taproot score entered for this seed turned out to be the same.  
It looks like this is the seed mainnet. ?
However, none of the other wallets accept this seed.  
Muun doesn't want to restore anything at all.
Blixt on this seed gives a completely different score bc1q....(segwit).  
Blue also does not accept Taproot and gives the same score bc1q ..
In short, it turns out some kind of chaos.  Smiley 
As long as I get it.  Maybe it's just too early for the widespread adoption of Taproot on phones.  But with Segwit, the implementation also took a long time.  

By the way OP, !  
Add   * in the first post of the Nunchuk wallet.  
He became a worker and from a mobile phone.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 20, 2023, 03:47:26 AM
And what I found as a result of my experiments: I tested Muun, OneKey, Nunchuk, Blixt ... and a few more Android wallets.  
It turned out that indeed bc1p accounts ... can be opened.  But none of the wallets gives you the opportunity to find out the seed or private key of your BTC mainnet account.  Thus, you do not have full control of the taproot account opened with a mobile phone.  
I just did a quick import test with the seed phrases of Nunchuck and I was able to successfully recover and see my Taproot address on the OneKey app [there's also an export private key option (Click on your account type > 3 dots > View details > Export private key)]!
- It's worth noting that seed phrases are shown prior to the creation of your wallet.
Activity: 1610
Merit: 879
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
April 20, 2023, 12:52:39 AM
Dear OP, colleagues in our forum!  

I wanted to open a new tsproot account (P2TR) using some kind of mobile phone wallet.  

I would be very grateful if any of you, dear colleagues, would clarify the situation and talk about this way of opening a new Taproot account via mobile phone and with the fact that you will have a seed/privatkey from it in BTC mainnet.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1703
Blackjack.fun
April 13, 2023, 02:21:29 AM
-snip-
Maybe what they mean is to restore the Ordinal in one wallet, because when creating a new wallet there will be 2 addresses for Bitcoin Payment and specifically for Ordinal.

When we mistakenly send BTC coins to the Ordinals wallet that you should send to the Bitcoin payment Wallet, it can still be withdrawn to the correct address.
and when we send Ordinals NFTs not to the Bitcoin Payment address we can move them to the Ordinals address. 

This feature is for "Ordinals stuck in BTC address and BTC stuck in Ordinals address"

Simply like Bitcoin (Layer1 does not support Ordinal Taproot) and Ordinal Wallet (Layer2 supports NFt ordinal Taproot).

You can see the full thread on Xverse's Twitter account.
https://twitter.com/xverseApp/status/1641905670793437185

Exodus wallet also explains the Recover Bitcoin Ordinal feature and then redirects to the Xverse wallet.
https://www.exodus.com/support/article/2831-bitcoin-ordinal-nfts
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 11, 2023, 05:04:30 PM
Last week, I made a "comment on another thread" about OneKey adding support for Taproot "a few weeks back", but somehow I forgot to mention it here.

In addition to that, I found a mobile wallet earlier [Xverse (they also have a browser extension)] that to a certain extent supports Taproot, but I'm having mixed feelings about its inclusion on this thread:

legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Cashback 15%
March 07, 2023, 03:16:03 PM
✂️
It shouldn't be so hard for them to make simple website for this wallet  Roll Eyes

i think so too. and whoever is able to develop a wallet should also have the knowledge to create a website for his project.
but as you say - let's wait before you add it to your list Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
March 06, 2023, 04:16:15 PM
I just found another wallet [Arctic] that claims it has "added support for SegWit and Taproot addresses" in their second February update, but when I checked their Windows and Android apps, I couldn't find a way to change the default Legacy address!
I will wait more before adding this wallet to the list until they clearly make public release and after someone test if everything is working fine.
Not being open source is a big negative grade for me, so I will not be recommending it any time soon.

according to this tweet, the software wallet Iris also supports the p2tr (taproot) addresses since the last quarter 2022
https://github.com/RGB-Tools/iris-wallet-android
Iris wallet is a pure mobile wallet that is currently only available for android devices
Thank you for posting suggestion, but let's wait for them to release mainnet version of Iris wallet before adding it to my list of supported wallets.
I couldn't find any website so far, and only thing I could find is their social media accounts and github page.
It shouldn't be so hard for them to make simple website for this wallet  Roll Eyes
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
March 05, 2023, 05:20:58 AM
according to this tweet, the software wallet Iris also supports the p2tr (taproot) addresses since the last quarter 2022
Iris wallet is a pure mobile wallet that is currently only available for android devices

I installed the wallet, it looks like they only support the testnet.

I can see that the account is called "Bitfinex labs" in Google play. Are they developed by the exchange?
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 7618
Cashback 15%
March 05, 2023, 04:29:48 AM
staff
March 03, 2023, 11:46:56 AM
I just found another wallet [Arctic] that claims it has "added support for SegWit and Taproot addresses" in their second February update, but when I checked their Windows and Android apps, I couldn't find a way to change the default Legacy address! I was wondering if someone is willing to check it in the other available operating systems [Linux, MacOS, and iOS]?
Note: It's not open-source (DYOR before using it)!

I reached out to the support and apparently, this hasn't been released yet and is still under construction.

Not sure why they listed it on the website as an update, but I have noticed that the changelog shown within the app itself, doesn't have these features listed.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
March 03, 2023, 05:58:09 AM
I just found another wallet [Arctic] that claims it has "added support for SegWit and Taproot addresses" in their second February update, but when I checked their Windows and Android apps, I couldn't find a way to change the default Legacy address! I was wondering if someone is willing to check it in the other available operating systems [Linux, MacOS, and iOS]?
Note: It's not open-source (DYOR before using it)!
staff
December 21, 2022, 07:01:18 AM
-snip-

You can check these links if you want to know more about them[1][2]. They actually seem to have made some good progress compared to when I first found them. I still don't think you should add them yet though, not when they're only supporting the testnet.

[1] https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.59072123
[2] https://bitcoinmagazine.com/business/tim-drapers-bitcoin-studio-hosts-demo-day
legendary
Cashback 15%
December 12, 2022, 06:02:24 PM
Any of the Taproot wallets listed support Taproot Address Private Key importation?
Have you tried doing this with Sparrow and all other listed wallets ?
I didn't do this test with Taproot private key, but I think it worked fine for me on Sparrow with all previous formats.

Bitmask online wallet, by Diba can be added to the list. Source code: Github link
Thank you for suggestion new addition of wallet I never heard before.
I will consider adding it to the list (in future), but it doesn't look very good or reliable to me, and I never like wallets that tried to mimic metamask wallet for bitcoin, they even named it very similar  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
December 12, 2022, 04:20:25 PM
why most of wallets don't let user import his own Private Keys?
I'm not a developer to give an accurate answer, but if I were to guess, I'd say it probably has something to do with its security [e.g. depending on the type of wallet that was used for exporting it, it wouldn't be a good idea to import it in a wallet that's supposed to be safe (it might give a false sense of security, so it'd be best to either sweep it or directly send your funds to another address)].
My opinion is a bit different. If it is because of what they think to be security, that means seed phrase import should not be allowed too, seed phrase can be from an unsafe wallet too. As secure as seed phrases are, so are private keys too with 128 bits of security.

There are wallets that yet till today do not support opt-in RBF, there are some that do not support coin control, there are some that do not support private key import. What I see is that the wallet developers of such are either lazy or thinking some features are not just necessary.
legendary
Crypto Swap Exchange
December 12, 2022, 03:50:52 PM
why most of wallets don't let user import his own Private Keys?
I'm not a developer to give an accurate answer, but if I were to guess, I'd say it probably has something to do with its security [e.g. depending on the type of wallet that was used for exporting it, it wouldn't be a good idea to import it in a wallet that's supposed to be safe (it might give a false sense of security, so it'd be best to either sweep it or directly send your funds to another address)].

and uses Taproot transactions by default, as they say.
It looks like it's limited to testnet [for now], so maybe dkbit98 should wait for the mainnet support prior to adding it to the list.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 681
December 11, 2022, 06:51:01 AM
Bitmask online wallet, by Diba can be added to the list. Source code: Github link
Announcement link for taproot support: @Bitmask_App

This Bitmask wallet supports Bitcoin transactions in addition to RGB assets, and uses Taproot transactions by default, as they say.
Availability: Web-wallet, Chrome extension
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
December 11, 2022, 06:26:57 AM
I checked Muun wallet recently, but I was discouraged with what I noticed about the wallet.

First, the wallet encourage email and password to be used as backup, that makes me think it is a web wallet. If it is a web wallet, it is one of the wallet I can not use because the least secure wallet type I can use are mobile and desktop wallet where my private key is not backed up on a cloud.

Second, you can skip email and password as backup. If skipped, the wallet will generate you 32 numbers and alphabets in total which are not seed phrase but numbers and alphabets.

So 'email and password', or 'numbers and alphabets' is the recovery code on Muun wallet, that is kind of absurd.

Any of the Taproot wallets listed support Taproot Address Private Key importation?

We use to say: "Dont trust, verify.", not everyone have knowledge to verify the code of one open source APP wallet, but anyone can generate a 256 bits keys and convert it to a Taproot Address, so, why most of wallets don't let user import his own Private Keys?
Wallet like Bitcoin Core only support private key importations, but it is a full client wallet, which might discourage light client users. If you can recover using seed phrase, I think that is enough because seed phrase is even easy as backup, for recovery.
Activity: 264
Merit: 16
December 11, 2022, 02:37:28 AM

We use to say: "Dont trust, verify.", not everyone have knowledge to verify the code of one open source APP wallet, but anyone can generate a 256 bits keys and convert it to a Taproot Address, so, why most of wallets don't let user import his own Private Keys?

staff
November 23, 2022, 04:41:06 AM
Thanks, I just added Blixt wallet to my list of Taproot supported wallets.
Is this Lightning Network mobile wallet that also supports mainnet Bitcoin transactions?

Yes, there's an on-chain tab where you can both receive and withdraw your funds but that's about it. It looks very limited in terms of features compared to Electrum for instance.
legendary
Cashback 15%
November 22, 2022, 06:43:34 PM
After checking the exodus mobile app, it appears that the taproot support is not there yet. You can only use it on the desktop wallet for now.
It's weird, but I never tested Exodus mobile wallet and it's probably harder to enable this in apps.
Just look at Electrum mobile app and compared it with desktop wallet, it's totally different experience, but they probably need different developers for this.

More to add: Blixt wallet (open source)[1]. Just like exodus, you have to enable it from the settings:
Thanks, I just added Blixt wallet to my list of Taproot supported wallets.
Is this Lightning Network mobile wallet that also supports mainnet Bitcoin transactions?
Pages:
Jump to: