Pages:
Author

Topic: {LIST}of the Merit Sources asking for more smerit. New Round. - page 13. (Read 6656 times)

legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
Thank you for this topic,  great idea!
At the moment I'm only merit source in Croatian section of the forum and have only 25 sMerits available to give monthly.
Since some of Croatian members don't write often in English part of the forum and don't have big chance that someone understand their posts and reward good quality posts with merits,  I started topic in Croatian section where all local members can report their good posts and some of them I reward with merits.
Previous Croatian merit source had 50 sMerits available and later theymos increased this number to 100 sMerits for him but he received permaban and we lost this merit source.
Of course I sometimes reward good quality posts in English section of the forum but because I don't have much sMerits available I have to plan in advance how to spend it and sometimes can't reward some really good posts on the forum.
I hope theymos read this topic and will accept my request.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 3858
Farewell o_e_l_e_o
What happens if a merit source is found to be a merit seller? Will all the merits that source sent be removed from the profiles the merits were sent to? Will the source be perma banned?
Months ago, maybe in late of 2018 or very early months of 2019, one or two merit sources removed and all merits sent from them reverted by theymos. This change created messy situation on merit data (negative merits, something like that), and some forum stats analysers, @DdmrDdmr or @LoyceV can confirm and point out past posts related to this issue.

Furthermore, I don't remembered exactly but I still have a memory that due to abuse on merits, when banned accounts sent sMerits to their alts or sell their sMerits, from that theymos adjusted the forum merit system and lock merit button of banned accounts.

Theymos does not care about merit sellers because merit sellers are unable (mostly) earn merits themselves. Consequently, they will run out of initial airdropped sMerits and back-and-forth sMerits between their alts. Finally, they will do not have a single sMerit left to sell.
Merit sales, transfers to aliases, back-and-forth trading, etc. are not much of an issue. All illegitimate merit will decay, and will account for a tiny and very expensive fraction of the total merit economy. It's basically a rounding error; fight it where convenient, but waste no sleep over it.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 2169
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
I have been countering this below message more than 20 days on every month.
You are a merit source. The next 0 merit you spend will come from your source rather than your sMerit balance. Merit spent from your source will come back in 30 days. Unused source merit is wasted. It is not allowed for merit sources to sell their merit.

I have remembered my allocation was 50/per month when added me first time on merit source. But now, look like receiving less than 50 per month (LOL). To be honest my monthly allocation finished before 10 days of receive smerit. Its quite reasonable to increase my monthly allocation. On the other hand airdrop merits are decaying day by day. So increase merit source and smerit allocation for current merit sources is demand of time. I am spending enough time on this forum and even sometimes I can't merit on good post due to lack of smerits.

So YES, I am expecting for increase my monthly allocation. I don't know if theymos reading this thread or if he consider OP list for increase merit allocation. But for me, if not then I will have to write theymos once again.

Anyway OP make it eaiser for apply increase monthly allocation and thanks for that.
Vod
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 3010
Licking my boob since 1970
So Everyone who ran out of merit, or has too many sourceMerit please post below and I'll put you in the list.

Wish you had done this a few months ago.  I never could get under 800 sMerits.  Sad  I had to do what Theymos suggested and send 10x the merit to a good post instead of 1 point to 10 mediocre posts.  

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell

I totally forgot about the other thread where I listed you in the waiting list for MS. Sorry, it's corrected now.

As I posted in my other thread about merit sources applications, it is only positive thing that you guys are running out of smerit. Before you should create a thread to look for good posts. This is only a indication that the quality of the posts have increased and theymos succeeded with all the small and so small forum tweaks.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 6618
Currently not much available - see my websitelink
Those who I found til now are :

Updated: 05.11.19

I'm feeling very honoured to be added to your list of "Merit Sources in a need of bigger/smaller Source Merit Allocation" but I have to admit I'm not a Merit Source yet.  Undecided
My application is still pending and I'm waiting to be appointed...

Merit Sources have an additional text field when they try to send Merit ("You are a Merit Source. The next xxx Merit...")

No Merit Source

Merit Source

I wouldn't complain if it looks like the one from micgoossens soon.  Wink

Good we are not all the same and that some will agree and some will disagree, but I would love to hear some opinions of more people ??
As a Merit Source it depends a lot on how many sMerit they are getting. If it's not much, I think the best way is to distribute it to as many users as possible (1 Merit per post). Best solution would be to give Merit according to the quality of the post but I think most Merit Sources would be very fast out of it.
If a Merit Source has a large number of sMerit left every month while they are sending only 1 Merit per post (even if the post deserves more) then their allocation should be reduced or they should adjust their spending habits (send more per post).
Finally, I think sending 1 or 2 Merit per post doesn't make much difference as long as all sMerits are spend. It's not unlikely that you'll give the same person 2 x 1 for two different posts or 1 x 2 Merits for the same one.

Important part is, that the allocated Source Merits are getting in circulation.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
I will always defend my opinion as when you are a source, you should send more as 1 merit a time
I understand where you are coming from, and I would like to be able to send more than 1 at a time in some instances, but given that I am constantly running out, if I were to send twice as much merit to each post I could only merit half as many people. I prefer to spread it around as much as possible. Agree to disagree.

What happens if a merit source is found to be a merit seller? Will all the merits that source sent be removed from the profiles the merits were sent to? Will the source be perma banned?
At the top of https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit for all merit sources it includes the following statement:
It is not allowed for merit sources to sell their merit.

I can only imagine that if a source was caught selling merit they would at the very least have their source status removed. Whether or not those merits are reversed would be up to theymos on an individual basis I guess. The odd merit here or there I would guess would be left, but if someone had given out 50 merit at a time to a couple of accounts, that might be reversed as he has done in other scenarios in the past. I doubt very much it would lead to a perma-ban.

Still, every time I see these "merit sellers", I always question if the ad is true. It's a very easy way to rip people off, knowing full well that they can't come on here and complain or open a scam accusation because their account will be red trusted to high heaven for trying to purchase merit.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 11937
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
It's better if a post as member is merit worthy to send at least 2merit, he will generate a Smerit himself what is good for further distribution and in order to rank up a bit.
I disagree. I'd love to send more than one merit at a time to some posts and users, but since my sMerits are always so limited, if my choice is between sending one merit to two different posts, or sending two merits to one post and none to the second post, then I'm usually going to choose to send one merit to each.

That merit isn't wasted in terms of the user earning their own sMerits. They still earn 0.5 sMerits even though they can't see it, and will then have 1 sMerit to send after they receive a second merit themselves.

Here I disagree, I like to encourage people to use the merit system where its made for and not post multiple post only to gain merit because its so hard to get some Smerit when a person isn't a source.....

I do understand your opion of-course, but this statement of me only reflects why its needed to have a bigger stash as a source!
When its known that a merit source isn't out of line with sending then I would suggest he just needs much more as it is, so we can at least X2 merit at good post/members at least...

Also when I wasn't a merit source I do remember being active a lot, read a lot, good constructive as good humor etc but I wasn't able of sending merit cause I was always very limited and that as one of the higher earning merit people around, so I know many are in trouble to gain some merits (NOT that its the most important to have)  BUT as a member of the community we all like the give and receive merit! Why cause its just a part of the forum and cause all the members are talking about it.

I will always defend my opinion as when you are a source, you should send more as 1 merit a time

Good we are not all the same and that some will agree and some will disagree, but I would love to hear some opinions of more people ??

I think for example suchmoon gets the point of being a source very well.... and more should act the way he does with merit sending.

We cannot read everything but we get to know members and we can separate the dirt from the good, so if we merit a good one more then he will resend he's gained merit with good care, and thats exactly whats a community about... it needs to ride and flow involving as many as possible...

Excuse me if i'm writing a bit weird, but the wine is talking!

I'm always run out of merit source and personal sMerit quickly, even though i send 1 sMerit most of the times.

Please add me to the list as well.

Hope you get some increase, but then as a source rethink your send strategy... It's better if a post as member is merit worthy to send at least 2merit, he will generate a Smerit himself what is good for further distribution and in order to rank up a bit....

People who has no source merit, do like to award a merit as well when they read something they like.... and as a non source its hard to gain some Smerits...

Thanks for the suggestion, but each merit source have different strategy about sending sMerit. Few even send same amount of sMerit to all posts.

Besides, it's not like they'll receive only 1 merit in their lifetime Tongue

Exactly understand where you're coming from, but its just a strategy exchange Roll Eyes

I have a question about merit sources. Are they all trustworthy? I am not making any assumptions about any single merit source here, but I was recently sent a PM about facebook groups and posts on fiver that are selling merit. Below are the 2 links that were sent to me but if there are 2 then I am positive there are more.

https://www.fiverr.com/crypto_ico_/supply-merits-for-your-bitcointalk-and-member-rank-accounts
https://www.fiverr.com/bounty_1/supply-bitcointalk-merits-for-your-bitcointalk-account

What sort of process goes into choosing a merit source? What happens if a merit source is found to be a merit seller? Will all the merits that source sent be removed from the profiles the merits were sent to? Will the source be perma banned?

I don't know all the merit sources of-course but it would be important to have trustworthy members as sources.... I know i'm not selling Smiley (easy to track) have given away a lot more as what a merit could sell for ....

But nonetheless some of the hunters will investigate i'm sure of Smiley   
legendary
Activity: 3584
Merit: 4420
I have a question about merit sources. Are they all trustworthy? I am not making any assumptions about any single merit source here, but I was recently sent a PM about facebook groups and posts on fiver that are selling merit. Below are the 2 links that were sent to me but if there are 2 then I am positive there are more.

https://www.fiverr.com/crypto_ico_/supply-merits-for-your-bitcointalk-and-member-rank-accounts
https://www.fiverr.com/bounty_1/supply-bitcointalk-merits-for-your-bitcointalk-account

What sort of process goes into choosing a merit source? What happens if a merit source is found to be a merit seller? Will all the merits that source sent be removed from the profiles the merits were sent to? Will the source be perma banned?
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 7410
Crypto Swap Exchange
I'm always run out of merit source and personal sMerit quickly, even though i send 1 sMerit most of the times.

Hope you get some increase, but then as a source rethink your send strategy... It's better if a post as member is merit worthy to send at least 2merit, he will generate a Smerit himself what is good for further distribution and in order to rank up a bit....

People who has no source merit, do like to award a merit as well when they read something they like.... and as a non source its hard to gain some Smerits...

Thanks for the suggestion, but each merit source have different strategy about sending sMerit. Few even send same amount of sMerit to all posts.

Besides, it's not like they'll receive only 1 merit in their lifetime Tongue
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
What is the maximum sMerits per month? Are there more than 1000 per month? I have a good number of sMerit per month but it is enough to send it in the form of 1 merit/good quality member. "Probably the most user who sent 1 Merits  Grin Grin Grin"
Generally, I have some free time until next March so increasing it will be good.
I don't believe there's been a number given out for the maximum amount of sMerit a user can have, and I think its fairly accurate to assume that theoretically there is no limit. Suchmoon seems to have the most monthly sMerit to distribute each month based on my observations.

If you were to take a look at the total amount of monthly merit received, sent, and take into consideration a user only gets half of each merit received then you would get a good indication of how much merit they have to spend from source each month.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
What is the maximum sMerits per month? Are there more than 1000 per month? I have a good number of sMerit per month but it is enough to send it in the form of 1 merit/good quality member. "Probably the most user who sent 1 Merits  Grin Grin Grin"
Generally, I have some free time until next March so increasing it will be good. #join
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1598
Excellent thread @iasenko, I appreciate these efforts for transparency and fairness. Since the introduction of the dynamic Default Trust system, Merit has also acquired strategic implications far beyond spam prevention & upvoting.

If we want to talk about a decentralized and well-distributed checks & balances system where Trust feedback will not be stuck in an insiders' echo chamber, but will truly reflect the diverse worldviews and value systems of accomplished members from around the world,

it's essential that the Source Merit allocations / month reflect that, so a balanced quantity should reach every active local board commensurate with the levels of meaningful engagement and interactions originating from those sections...
legendary
It's better if a post as member is merit worthy to send at least 2merit, he will generate a Smerit himself what is good for further distribution and in order to rank up a bit.
I disagree. I'd love to send more than one merit at a time to some posts and users, but since my sMerits are always so limited, if my choice is between sending one merit to two different posts, or sending two merits to one post and none to the second post, then I'm usually going to choose to send one merit to each.

That merit isn't wasted in terms of the user earning their own sMerits. They still earn 0.5 sMerits even though they can't see it, and will then have 1 sMerit to send after they receive a second merit themselves.
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 7410
Crypto Swap Exchange

legendary

legendary
Thx for the thread, I will lock mine I just stick with this thread to occasionally ask for an increase of Source......

I think the time is there to help us out and give us a bit what we are asking for, in order to help around the forum we should get some attention with this issue.

Would merit the OP but same troubles as yesterday 0 and 0 atm Roll Eyes
legendary
I've never made a thread about it, but I am chronically out of both source and personal sMerits, and frequently have to skip over good posts because I am either out of merit or I have only 2 or 3 left, and I always like to keep a couple in reserve in case of coming across an excellent post or a good newbie. I stopped keeping a list of saved posts I wanted to merit because whenever my merits are replenished I always have new posts to award, so my list was never getting any smaller.

Add me to the list, thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
Right now I'm out of my allocated sMerits and am using the ones I've earned. 

same - as I haven't been to active recently I have been more liberal with my merits to try to ensure they are not burnt/lost - but I will be more active again now so everyone other than TAA is in with a chance
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
I don't know if Theymos is going to act on this thread, but it would probably help.  If possible, I'd like to suggest myself for an increase in source sMerits.  I've been sort of inconsistent with my merit-giving over the past few months, but I've been trying to do better and last month I gave out a TON of merits.  Right now I'm out of my allocated sMerits and am using the ones I've earned.  It'd be great if Theymos could grant me just a little bit more so I don't keep running out every month. 

I'm not even sure how many I get per month, because I've never kept track and I think I keep getting more on different dates--but it doesn't seem like I ever have enough, at least not for the last two months or so.  If other members didn't keep meriting my posts, I'm sure I'd be completely out at the end of every allocation period.  Thanks for the thread, OP.
Pages:
Jump to: