Pages:
Author

Topic: {LIST}of the Merit Sources asking for more smerit. New Round. - page 5. (Read 6656 times)

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 16489
Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021
Merit's distribution fell by 38%. More than a third. I think this is one of the reasons why theymos do not introduce new merit for the forum. They are simply not needed. After all, we do not distribute existing ones either.
Active Merit sources can't make up for inactive sources, so the inactive users should be replaced.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
This just seems like a dead end for now. I gave up on applying for a Merit Source, it's no use and I have no free time lately. Seems like the merit correction will be at the same intervals as the bitcoin halving.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
A new round of increase for Merits wanted. Needed. THX.

If I am not wrong we are approaching the 18th month-iversary of the last source reshuffle.
Theymos hinted at some sort of merit allowance rebalancing, let's see what happens.
18 months is a long interval, and while I saw some merit source asking for more, I also been hinted at some fatigue by others.

I am curious.

P.s. Asking for more.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 11937
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
A new round of increase for Merits wanted. Needed. THX.
legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
I want to know about the merit source, is that each of the merit source have a specific board to merit who makes a quality post or the merit distributions will go all through the boards in forum, because the list I'm seeing if all are merit source that's indicates that they have board which they merit any user is communication or comments is tangible and meaningful. Asking for more merit source is quit alright but merit source should extend to the grassroots.

Who is a source and how many sources is up to theymos, and sources can be active in any board - though theymos may well select someone to either be a source or to increase their source smerits based on which parts of the forum that they have been historically active.

It seems that theymos has not made any significant changes to the sources for a year and a half.. (around November 2019)?..  .. and so many members have suggested that merit sources should be more spread out and even theymos has made statements in that direction to say that he had intended to increase the number of merit sources, but has not really caused him to significantly increase the quantity of merit sources beyond one point having a peak of about 130 merit sources, but currently appears to be around 97 merit sources. 

Also, have not heard from theymos recently on the merit source(s) topic, so difficult to know if his current thinking is changing or if he is contemplating making any kind of meaningful or significant change in the near future, even if several members may be hoping for some kinds of changes to take place in lines of what you have just said either increasing the number of merits, increasing the number of sources or both.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 655
Bitcoin is achievement
I want to know about the merit source, is that each of the merit source have a specific board to merit who makes a quality post or the merit distributions will go all through the boards in forum, because the list I'm seeing if all are merit source that's indicates that they have board which they merit any user is communication or comments is tangible and meaningful. Asking for more merit source is quit alright but merit source should extend to the grassroots.
legendary
₿uy / $ell
I tend to agree with you, especially since I saw that there was a large number of merit sources who dropped out in the past 6 months to a year or so.  Hopefully Theymos isn't having second thoughts about the merit system--you never know, because he doesn't give his thoughts on the matter all that often.

So and there. But why, theymos in 2020 neither assigned new sources, nor made a correction of the bank of merits, as it was in 2019.
Apparently, the current circulation of merits is working with an excess and it has not started to enter new sources and add additional merits.

I don't know, I opened my Merit Source Application last January and it's been over a year no information at all. Gmaxwell mentioned that he will push theymos to add new sources and that was in may. Everyone thought that it will be a 6 months period for the adjustments but we were wrong.
I decided that I'll bump my MS application only once a year. Until then I'll be giving away what I earn, like i'm doing all the time. When I empty the stash I just..
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165
🤩Finally Married🤩
Don't know about the others, as I have notice something awful in the past few months, others might have noticed it already and still I won't say who...
I'm absolutely confused as to what you're referring to--but I'm damn curious.
You can send me a PM if you want some clear details about it, as I do not want to have some issues by giving the details in public especially if the whole community is likely to be supporting him. (By this I think you already got a hint)

And also with the number of Dropped out Sources I think theymos should be updating our list of Sauce.
legendary
Activity: 3332
Merit: 6809
Cashback 15%
Don't know about the others, as I have notice something awful in the past few months, others might have noticed it already and still I won't say who...
I'm absolutely confused as to what you're referring to--but I'm damn curious.

Anyway, I need more source sMerits.  They were getting replenished very quickly for a while, and then it just kind of stopped.  Fortunately I have plenty of personal sMerits which I'll probably have to tap into within the next week or so if I don't get a top-up from Theymos.  I'm a-still tryin' to be a good merit source, and I think I've gotten off to a good start this year and I'm going to try to do even better as far as distributing the merits far and wide (though I'm not lowering my standards).

New sources could be good...
I tend to agree with you, especially since I saw that there was a large number of merit sources who dropped out in the past 6 months to a year or so.  Hopefully Theymos isn't having second thoughts about the merit system--you never know, because he doesn't give his thoughts on the matter all that often.
legendary
₿uy / $ell
^ OK, I will add you to the list tomorrow.
I wasn't very active the past few months but now I'm back in full power so being a source will be a good think. I do have some sources on a speed dial but I'm tired bothering others...
I've been in the top 25 merit receivers for quite some time and even during those few months I was away I didn't drop down from my position, so I can say I know how to earn/spread merit. I've sent over 1000 already.
I want to resurect my local section too.
Stay safe ppl.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165
🤩Finally Married🤩
Looks like theymos thinks that the current merit source situation is fine...
You could drop me on the list, as I was finally able to manage my source.

And lastly, IMO the baby can be a better replacement for that.
legendary
Looks like theymos thinks that the current merit source situation is fine. No new sources were added since I open my application exactly 1 year ago. Don't see any upcoming changes either. I wasn't that active the past couple of months but now I'm back and hoping to get an answer to the merit source question soon.

I would think that sooner or later, theymos would feel some kind of need to make some adjustments, whether those adjustments would be of the kind and nature that some of us would prefer might be another story.. but still

On the other hand, if he consideres the merit system to be working sufficiently well, as is, then why tweak a system that is already working.. Many of us likely agree with the thesis of adding more merit sources, but since I don't really know of any places in which theymos has posted about the topic in recent times, it is difficult guess with any kind of concreteness might be some of his current concerns, if any.

New sources could be good...

Just like sources who have been active the whole time and emptying there bags every month should get some more if they are asking for it, certainly after a year....

We doing some good work, helping members to rank up, rewarding good content etc

@theymos, it should be a good time for an increase ...

legendary

Looking at the crypto markted and the alt season I thoght that there will be bigger interest for the forum and more new members will join, most of them will be for bounties and spam but somewhere in between there will be a good, valuable ones too. Looking back at 2017 I think we are seeing even greater times now so for sure more people will join for good or for bad (I hate scammers).

I have made this statement many times analysing the monthly statistics for the Italian board: I thought a rise in price would have lead to more interest on the forum. Well, I think there is a gap between the forum, as a tool, the "newbies" in the Bitcoin sphere, who probably, mainly for age-related habits, prefer to use other media like youtube or Telegram chat to source their information on Bitcoin.

I tried several times to post links pointing towards the forum on such Telegram chats, or even Twitter, but the answers I got were quite disappointing as everybody liked more the continuous chatter of the Telegram rather than the more insightful views the forum can give.
legendary
Looks like theymos thinks that the current merit source situation is fine. No new sources were added since I open my application exactly 1 year ago. Don't see any upcoming changes either. I wasn't that active the past couple of months but now I'm back and hoping to get an answer to the merit source question soon.

I would think that sooner or later, theymos would feel some kind of need to make some adjustments, whether those adjustments would be of the kind and nature that some of us would prefer might be another story.. but still

On the other hand, if he consideres the merit system to be working sufficiently well, as is, then why tweak a system that is already working.. Many of us likely agree with the thesis of adding more merit sources, but since I don't really know of any places in which theymos has posted about the topic in recent times, it is difficult guess with any kind of concreteness might be some of his current concerns, if any.

Looking at the crypto markted and the alt season I thoght that there will be bigger interest for the forum and more new members will join, most of them will be for bounties and spam but somewhere in between there will be a good, valuable ones too. Looking back at 2017 I think we are seeing even greater times now so for sure more people will join for good or for bad (I hate scammers).

You might be correct with kind of similar premise that the dude is asserting (in his above post) in that more forum membership may well justify more merit sources - and sure, sounds pretty solid.. but is it enough to motivate theymos in terms of whatever he is considering the be warranted in terms of adjustments to the current merit source situation and how it is currently playing out.
legendary
₿uy / $ell

legendary

legendary
₿uy / $ell
legendary
In need for more SOURCE-merit !!!!!

It's been very long time when we have had another increase of source merits...

I think a bit after an ATH is the appropriate time to give us an increase as more and more people will enter the forum, also lots of older accounts are in need for a bit of help to rank up ...

Thx in advance Sir Theymos

cheers
legendary
₿uy / $ell
I like the way you guys still have a hope. I don't think there will be any changes anytime soon. Even gmaxwell try to lobby for new merit adjustments back in May and nothing.

Just a bump.
legendary
We are approaching one year since last Merit Source shake-up.
After the delusional six month anniversary, do you feel there is going to be some news in the coming weeks from some supposedly semi-automated algorhythm crafted by @theymos?
Pages:
Jump to: