Pages:
Author

Topic: {LIST}of the Merit Sources asking for more smerit. New Round. - page 9. (Read 6656 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
This thread is not dead, it's just waiting for the right time to remind theymos of the change we/you want. According to gmaxwell that should happen around May so we have some time.

bumpity bump bump
Am I wrong or the supposedly revision of merit allowance (6 month from last reallocation) is going to overlap with halving? Interesting times ahead!
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
This thread is not dead, it's just waiting for the right time to remind theymos of the change we/you want. According to gmaxwell that should happen around May so we have some time.

bumpity bump bump
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165
🤩Finally Married🤩
legendary
₿uy / $ell
I would expect all merit sources to get adjusted again in May:  Last adjustment was in November and used the prior six months of data.

Sounds fair to me, this explians why it took some months to get the MS application approved of one of the best sources out there - LoyceV.
Anyway, hope this thread will save theymos some time. Smiley
OP updated!

Bump!
legendary
I would expect all merit sources to get adjusted again in May:  Last adjustment was in November and used the prior six months of data.

This is what I understood reading between the lines of last message by Theymos. But I think also some "manual adjustment" is still possible, that's why I am posting here. 
staff
Activity: 4158
Merit: 8382
legendary
Merit allowance is always scarce.
I tend to regulate my meriting habits according to my MS sMerit allowance + personal sMerit stash, in order to deplete smoothly over 30 days.
So I am rarely bumbing into 0 merits to send, but it has happened a few times in the past. I was able to save the very good posts for later, but I might have skipped a few good ones.

More sMerits is better, but I trust theymos: if you want to inrease my MS source allowance, I'm ready and willing to!
If themyos walked down the road of any "AI controlled rebalancing algorithm", I'm also ok with that.
Just I don't want me not posting into this thread being interpreted as I weren't interested in having my MS sMerits allowance increased!
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 3645
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
I am here again, in fact, I am getting enough Merits per month "at a rate of 1 sMerit for posts with good content and 2 for 4 sMerits for posts with high content" but I decided to be generous (2 to 6 sMerits) and give more which made me run out faster.

If there is an adjustment, please add me, otherwise I am happy with the current situation. ~3XX/ Month.
legendary
₿uy / $ell
so now im here too, requesting an increase.

turns out even trying to limit to 1 merit a post there have been so many good, informative, pertinent posts i have started running out again.

i try to spread the merits over that 30 day to the second shelf life thing but i sometimes have extend time away (well days) from the forum and that messes things up a bit.

i may be sporadic in where i read but i try to also read around the forums sections in general as much as i can rather than concentrate in one particular spot.  that of course again varies with time.

but my aim is always to be near out of merit. collectibles these arent.
That is good, I will add you to the list as well, tomorrow.
My phone is with a broken screen now and it's really difficult to edit and write posts. It will be like this for a while. Sorry if there are many typos in my posts.

Updated.
legendary
Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519
what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?
so now im here too, requesting an increase.

turns out even trying to limit to 1 merit a post there have been so many good, informative, pertinent posts i have started running out again.

i try to spread the merits over that 30 day to the second shelf life thing but i sometimes have extend time away (well days) from the forum and that messes things up a bit.

i may be sporadic in where i read but i try to also read around the forums sections in general as much as i can rather than concentrate in one particular spot.  that of course again varies with time.

but my aim is always to be near out of merit. collectibles these arent.
legendary
₿uy / $ell
@Ratimov, no matter if there will be a better allocation of the already distributed merit or increase of the total source merit in general, this is up to theymos decide, but those who to exhaust their smerit before those 30 days, and still find worthful posts should get some increase.

I guess theymos should first evaluate each applicant here for the quality of the posts they usually sent merit to and then decide for each case if it really requires increase.

OP is updated.
legendary
₿uy / $ell
~
It's more likely those merit source prefer PM
Maybe I should add also anonymous applications for those who need more smerit but don't want to reveal their accounts ( not that it really matters anymore with all those merit stats), just for a overview how many are in need.
If anyone else want to be includes anonymously, just sent me a PM Smiley

Edit> OP updated with Royse777's application.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 10753
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
<…>
That’s kind of how it’s intended to go, and that’s the reason behind Merit Sources being able to pump more into the network. I’m pretty sure that the number of total aggregate awarded merits are monitored to some extent, and the current values are within what someone considers to be enough.

If there were no merit-to-sMerit halving of value, we’d see a bunch of pip-pong matches of a single merit being sent back and forth between two or more profiles.

We could debate though whether instead of generating 1 sMerit for every 2 earned Merits, we could be of a different ratio (i.e. 1:2 -> 2:3). That could make the propagation tree go another node down or so. Changing the ratio is not the same as incrementing the merit allowances for merit sources necessarily.
legendary
🤩Finally Married🤩
Add 500 to 250 to 125 to 62.5 to 31.25 to 15.625 and so on,...
Well in my silly imagination without adding up those numbers and just look into it individually it seems it is burning.

Sorry for the confusion it really BrokeMyLife ✌😂
Well yeah, is I had 1000 Merits it could also Generate close to 1000 but the thing is if it is distributed then it is slowly getting burned up ? Just an example of a cycle:

Me a Sauce have 100sMerits:
I gave 10 users 10Merits each which would give them 5 sMerits (generates 50)
Then those 10 users single picked 5 persons to give their sMerits which will end up 2.5 sMerits for each of them.
After that they pick again 2 users for that and generate 1.
And there goes. Until that 1 sMerit has been sent, End of cycle,... Nothing can be distributed again unless I spend another 100.

What I mean here is the cycle of Merits. Even if its distributed evenly the cycle will stop unless the 30day of span will make it to us. Or other sauces will try to give another round for another cycle.

It's more likely those merit source prefer PM
✌😂 Mate it gives me DoubleMeaning 😂😂😂
legendary
₿uy / $ell
The OP was updated today. Seven Eight sources requested increase of their source merit. We getting back to the time I opened this thread. This can be only a positive aspect. Hopefully more source will be added soon.
Again If anyone wants to be on that list, just leave a comment.

Edit:

ETFbitcoin added to the list Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 11937
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
I could use a similar merit allowance increase as last time

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I think then I will be good
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509
Is it just my imagination that sMerits are being burnt slowly?
Taken to its extreme, every merit that is sent can generate a theoretical maximum of 1 sMerit.

If I send 1000 merits, 500 sMerits are generated.
If those 500 merits are sent, 250 sMerits are generated.
If those 250 merits are sent, 125 sMerits are generated.
If those 125 merits are sent, 62.5 sMerits are generated (the 0.5 sMerit is only realized when the user in question receives another 1 merit (and therefore 0.5 sMerit) to round it up to 1 sMerit).
And so on.

Add 500 to 250 to 125 to 62.5 to 31.25 to 15.625 and so on, and eventually you will become infinitely close to 1000. Because of this, if I send 1000 merits, then they could generate 1000 more, meaning 2000 in total would have been sent.

Currently, the only way merits are "lost" is when people don't send them on or accounts holding them become inactive or banned. In addition to that, there is a maximum of 21671 sMerits being created every month and given to merit sources, which as above, could result in a maximum of 43342 merits entering the system.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 2169
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
Its seems I need more smerit, need to increase allocation. Merits ending before end of month. I have ZERO smerit now (source merits & earned smerit). Sometimes missing good post due to refill duration. It's quite hard to bookmarked or remember during busy time.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
I do have a feeling that the other current Sources will be removed ( Reason: Inactive ) Actually there are 90+ of us Different Sauces with different number of tastebuds, but only a few of us are being loud IMO.

Also it would be better if the Mods/Staff aren't counted on that 90+ Sauces.

Also correct me if I'm wrong... Am not good at Merit Maths so I've been imagining things such as this.

If User A is a Source with 1000sMerits and distribute it to 500 users then those users will be able to produce 500 sMerits... and User A will be left 0 and wait for the next month. During the time of nothingness, the 500 users tried to distrihute their sMerits: 500 Users with 1 sMerits each...

If user A with 1000 sMerits distribute 500  sMerits to only 500 users than this merit source still have 500 sMerits left 😁
If he distribute 1000 sMerits to 500 users than in average everybody receive 2 sMerits and have 1 sMerits to distribute further 😀
Of course,  if they are good posters,  they will not depend only on one merit source and will receive more sMerits for their good quality posts.
legendary
🤩Finally Married🤩
I do have a feeling that the other current Sources will be removed ( Reason: Inactive ) Actually there are 90+ of us Different Sauces with different number of tastebuds, but only a few of us are being loud IMO.

Also it would be better if the Mods/Staff aren't counted on that 90+ Sauces.

Also correct me if I'm wrong... Am not good at Merit Maths so I've been imagining things such as this.

If User A is a Source with 1000sMerits and distribute it to 500 users then those users will be able to produce 500 sMerits... and User A will be left 0 and wait for the next month. During the time of nothingness, the 500 users tried to distrihute their sMerits: 500 Users with 1 sMerits each...

Pages:
Jump to: