Pages:
Author

Topic: [LIST]Open Merit Source Applications,waiting list. - page 4. (Read 3917 times)

Activity: 2968
Merit: 913
What is a merit source applicant?I guy,who receives merit and redistributes it across the community? Grin
Is it kinda pointless to apply for such "position"?If you have sMerit,just spend it on some HQ posts.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13027
Merit sources are free to reveal their source amounts, though I think it may be a bit unwise. While it will eventually become obvious roughly what the source amounts are from the stats, there's a huge difference between showing up in a "list of probable merit sources" and having a quote out there of you basically saying "I'm a merit source, come beg me for merit, complain about every merit I send, and accuse me of being part of the anti-X/pro-Y conspiracy."
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

@bitmover, @fillippone, @Alex_sr,
Please remove the stated smerit amount from your posts,.
We already have enough drama, we do not need more.
Done, but I still can read something on your quoted message! Wink
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 3146
₿uy / $ell
Maybe I shouldn't have posted the montly allocation even though Alex_sr have stated it in his post, I don't want to start fights between the sources and theymos. Maybe that's why everyone was keeping quiet about it. I think I should keep it that way and remove the amount of smerit.
Sorry guys.

All this information is public iasenko
Just look here and you will see who has more sMerits to give as a source, and who are the sources:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=topsend

Even if theymos removed those links, there would still be users who like to deal with data, statistics and whatsover and would generate this data and post here.

Edit: I understand your worries about the drama, but I think there won't be much drama.

You can't be 100% sure even if you have all the stats. First you don't know if the users are emptying their source merit or sending earned merit as well. You don't know how much merit is left after those 30 days. You can't get the clear picture, you can only assume, which assumption will be probably close to the reality but still... I don't want to make people feel bad about something I stated in my posts... #spreadlove
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
Maybe I shouldn't have posted the montly allocation even though Alex_sr have stated it in his post, I don't want to start fights between the sources and theymos. Maybe that's why everyone was keeping quiet about it. I think I should keep it that way and remove the amount of smerit.
Sorry guys.

All this information is public iasenko
Just look here and you will see who has more sMerits to give as a source, and who are the sources:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=topsend

Even if theymos removed those links, there would still be users who like to deal with data, statistics and whatsover and would generate this data and post here.

Edit: I understand your worries about the drama, but I think there won't be much drama.
legendary
₿uy / $ell
There is one more confirmation from today - Alex_Sr  with a monthly allocation of source merit > https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53103042
Congrats.
What's the policy for disclosing such informations?
Usually MS have been quite retinent disclosing their allowance, I only heard about vague indications when asked, or describing only percentage change referencing to theymos doing some allowance review.
Asking for a friend.

There is one more confirmation from today - Alex_Sr  with a monthly allocation of source merit

WTF! I thought I was a big merit source with 150 smerits monthly allocation!!
 Angry

lol. Still trying to find posts to spend them.

Sorry guys.

@bitmover, @fillippone, @Alex_sr,
Please remove the stated smerit amount from your posts,.
We already have enough drama, we do not need more.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 5622
Non-custodial BTC Wallet
There is one more confirmation from today - Alex_Sr  with a monthly allocation of ******** source merit

WTF! I thought I was a big merit source with *** smerits monthly allocation!!
 Angry

lol. Still trying to find posts to spend them.
legendary
There is one more confirmation from today - Alex_Sr  with a monthly allocation of source merit > https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53103042
Congrats.
What's the policy for disclosing such informations?
Usually MS have been quite retinent disclosing their allowance, I only heard about vague indications when asked, or describing only percentage change referencing to theymos doing some allowance review.
Asking for a friend.
legendary
₿uy / $ell
Congrats.
Some of the other applicants seem to be not so active lately and I assume their applications are still open.

By the way, didn't I see that you, iasenko, are not yet a merit source?  You should probably apply, since you have been very good at providing good information to the forum and also filtering through information in order to help others to discern the difference between good and bad posts, so might as well add yourself to the group of merit source applicants, if you have not already done so.

No, I'm not a merit source, I actually manage to have enough earned merit to be able to distribute them almost without interruption, of course when I'm not that active there were a few times I ran out of smerit for week or two but again, all it's up to how active you are on the forum.
Regarding the Merit Source application, if I run out complete out of sMerit then I'll probably apply for one, if they don't implement the Report to Merit source button before that.

legendary
Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196
Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"
Wondering if there is a new "methodology" to determine new Merit Source allocation (some kind of bakward looking average), and consequently determine if a Merit Source is still a valid one (and hence if new are needed), or it was just a "reaction" to what apparently was an extemporaneous "imbalance".

The PM had the word "automatically" in it, whatever that means. It could be an automatic scheduled process, or perhaps more likely it's an automatic adjustment that he can run manually once every few months. The adjustment seems to target a certain value, which appears to be 20k-22k total source merits. Inactive sources are removed, and the remaining ones get an adjustment based proportionally on how many sMerits they sent in the recent months.

The bottom line is - send all your sMerits out every month. That has always been the goal but now there is an added incentive (or disincentive if you're sick of sourcing).

I understood the concept of "automatically" as a one-time running of an algorithm that theymos had created (or he could have had someone else create it). 

Whether theymos chooses to systematically run that same algorithm or a some similar algorithm in the future would be completely discretionary on his part.  To me, theymos seems to be a kind of "wait and see" kind of guy who would not necessarily want to lock himself into running something so disruptive as this on a regular basis (or in a Turing complete kind of way... hahahha... get rid of all the humans, even himself), and for me, the use of the term "automatically" does not imply with any kind of conviction that theymos is planning to run that same algorithm beyond this one time adjustment that he had decided was reasonable/prudent to run at this particular time.
legendary
Would it be helpful to show both the application date and the approve date (if you know that information) for those members who were approved?  I'm thinking that it could provide some meaningful information for future merit source applicants to see that there is a decent amount of variation in how long applicants might have to wait before getting approval, and maybe even might inform future MS applicants regarding what kinds of things to do (or not do) while a MS application is pending.

It seems that the applications are approved in batches when theymos has time to review them. Last big change was in January IIRC. Based on some wording in the recent e-mail to merit sorcerers we can probably expect another review in about six months or so.

I read everywhere about many active and committed sources asking for more sMerits allowance, while many other sources were "dormant" and not giving merits away, of feeling that as a chore.
Probably Theymos wanted to fix that.
Wondering if there is a new "methodology" to determine new Merit Source allocation (some kind of bakward looking average), and consequently determine if a Merit Source is still a valid one (and hence if new are needed), or it was just a "reaction" to what apparently was an extemporaneous "imbalance".

Frequently, theymos comes up with quasi-genius solutions, and surely no solution is perfect, and even this whole merit system could be criticized for being more proof of stake rather than proof of work, and other criticisms of centralizing too much trust into few individuals... hahahahaha

Anywhoo..... theymos's announcement from yesterday was likely a surprise for many members, but yeah, if they had not been giving out many merits for the past 6 months, and could NOT at least average the dishing out of a paltry 10 merits per month, they were removed as a merit source, and in that regard, theymos employed a largely objective algorithm to remove those who were not playing game with this merit system.

In that regard, actions speak louder than words, and even some members who had been assigned as merit sources might not have been so bothered by their assignment as a merit source as to ask for their removal, but their non-use ended up speaking for around 30 of them.

Of course, not every member is good at appreciating the contributions of other members by spending time to give merits, but that does not make them either a bad member or even a non-contributory member.  I won't name any names, but there are some members who are awesome contributors to the forum, but they might not be very good at giving merits and they also might get shit on a lot from other members, but the forum would not even be close to what it is today, with the many quality contributors and even quality incentives to post good content without some of the contributions of some members who kind of suck as a merit source. 

Of course, we are never really going to get rid of troll shills, but some members are very helpful at identifying, or flagging troll/shills in order that more innocent members might take those members with a grain of salt.  At the same time, there are some members who might be nice and innocent and even real good people who are just looking to be scammed.  For some reason they cannot help themselves, and there is ONLY so much that any forum can do in order to protect those kinds of members from theirselves. 

In other words, some members have to learn by getting scammed, and even some of those members might not ever learned and keep getting into scam after scam after scam.  It takes all kinds of peeps to make the world go round, and surely it would be boring if the world did not have a variety of intelligence, strategies and experiments, and surely the free markets would not function as well either if everyone had the same opinions about how to value assets and/or strategies in regards to profiting from the present/future value of such assets (whether we are referring to bitcoin, crypto assets or even non-crypto assets, and even the errors that people might make in assessing and acting on their own personal financial/psychological situation(s)).
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org

The PM had the word "automatically" in it, whatever that means. It could be an automatic scheduled process, or perhaps more likely it's an automatic adjustment that he can run manually once every few months. The adjustment seems to target a certain value, which appears to be 20k-22k total source merits. Inactive sources are removed, and the remaining ones get an adjustment based proportionally on how many sMerits they sent in the recent months.

The bottom line is - send all your sMerits out every month. That has always been the goal but now there is an added incentive (or disincentive if you're sick of sourcing).
legendary
Would it be helpful to show both the application date and the approve date (if you know that information) for those members who were approved?  I'm thinking that it could provide some meaningful information for future merit source applicants to see that there is a decent amount of variation in how long applicants might have to wait before getting approval, and maybe even might inform future MS applicants regarding what kinds of things to do (or not do) while a MS application is pending.

It seems that the applications are approved in batches when theymos has time to review them. Last big change was in January IIRC. Based on some wording in the recent e-mail to merit sorcerers we can probably expect another review in about six months or so.

I read everywhere about many active and committed sources asking for more sMerits allowance, while many other sources were "dormant" and not giving merits away, of feeling that as a chore.
Probably Theymos wanted to fix that.
legendary

legendary
List updated, 6 new confirmed Merit sources, 7 more to go.
Please post or PM. When all are noted I'll lock this topic.

Congrats to all of you!!

Would it be helpful to show both the application date and the approve date (if you know that information) for those members who were approved?  I'm thinking that it could provide some meaningful information for future merit source applicants to see that there is a decent amount of variation in how long applicants might have to wait before getting approval, and maybe even might inform future MS applicants regarding what kinds of things to do (or not do) while a MS application is pending.

By the way, didn't I see that you, iasenko, are not yet a merit source?  You should probably apply, since you have been very good at providing good information to the forum and also filtering through information in order to help others to discern the difference between good and bad posts, so might as well add yourself to the group of merit source applicants, if you have not already done so.

Second by the way:
It will be interesting to see if Coin-1 is able to identify which merit sources have been purged from such merit source status in his thread:   [TOP-200] The most generous users giving merits.  I would imagine that he follows threads like this one for clues regarding which members have become merit sources.
legendary
₿uy / $ell
List updated, 6 new confirmed Merit sources, 7 more to go.
Please post or PM. When all are noted I'll lock this topic.

Congrats to all of you!!
legendary
Merit source confirmed!
Thank you!
legendary
₿uy / $ell
Ok, updated the OP with those we know for sure are approved merit sources. For the rest I'll need a confirmation.

Merit source confirmed!
Thank you!
Noted. Congrats.

Another 2  confirmed
1miau  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53079643
bitmover https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;msg=53079201

Congrats to them as well Smiley
legendary
Eight new sources seem to have been added.

In addition to Royse777 above, also

Ratimov: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.53078048
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 3878
Visit: r7promotions.com
Feel free to drop me from the table in your OP. I have that I was asking for :-D
Pages:
Jump to: