Pages:
Author

Topic: [LIST]Open Merit Source Applications,waiting list. - page 5. (Read 3914 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
Weekly bump @theymos!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
Hello, I'd like to point a merit source application which doesn't appear in OP: it is sparg's and he applied for the Romanian local thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/merit-source-application-romanian-local-thread-3030575.
legendary
₿uy / $ell
^ all that means that the quality of the forum posts have increased. (or it's just because of the 10 anniversary art contests)

Before people (i mean MSs) needed to open a thread to look for good posters and comping that there are no posts to merit them, nowadays the sources complain that there is not enough source merit.
^^^Those are the facts

and here comes a solution >>>

Hello, I'd like to point a merit source application which doesn't appear in OP: it is sparg's and he applied for the Romanian local thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/merit-source-application-romanian-local-thread-3030575.

Updated! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1598
Same story with me,

the Turkish section as well as many global boards have become pretty active, and tens of fantastic msgs go largely unrecognized every day...:

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

I take pride on this result:

Code:
134: fillippone

I have many MS behind me.
This is the result of a good merits income lately, and my constant effort on meriting good posts.
But of course is not substainable in the long run.

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 10758
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
<…>
It’s overall, for the aggregate of all the 130 Merit Sources, although each one has a different assigned allowance, varying from something over a dozen (or so), to a couple that seem to have over 1K per 30 days (see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;stats=topsend to get a rough idea).

Although averages are a bit deceiving here due to the large variance, the average number of allocated sMerits would be 160,73.   
Activity: 1022
Merit: 683
Love is the answer

Also some good source candidates !

20895 merit per 30 days between all of the merit sources looks to be a good amount of sMerit to distribute. More than enough to rank up 41 hero members or 83 sr members per month. Making it too easy for members to get merit would render the merit system ineffective at what it was brought in for.

Are those 20.895 the total of "new created" sMerit hand out to the merit-sources?

If so the 300 for the one active merit-source (qwk) responsible for the German community is close to nothing in comparison.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 6769
Currently not much available - see my websitelink

Same here, it's so sad.  Cry Cry

I'm scrolling through so many interesting submissions for the 10 year anniversary contest but can't merit them (and if I merit 1 or 2 submissions I feel guilty for being unfair to those other outstanding ones that I can't merit...).

Very good idea @iasenko to create a waiting list. This should help theymos to review it and have a detailed overview of pending applications. Maybe we can expect to get appointed until christmas.  Smiley

Loading image created by iasenko...
Many Merit Source applications are feeling like a transaction where the fee is set way too low.  Undecided
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 12081
BTC + Crossfit, living life.
There's scope for re allocating existing merits between sources. Many sources are struggling to get their sMerit stash depleted, whilst others, like micgooossens are always thriving for more merits.

My suggestion would be to remove those are not depleting their sources unless its minuscule amounts and get new sources which are eager to award others. The thing about giving certain members massive amounts of merit is there is no diversity in the way they reward. Its better to have 300 different active merit sources than 100 with big allocations.

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080
There's scope for re allocating existing merits between sources. Many sources are struggling to get their sMerit stash depleted, whilst others, like micgooossens are always thriving for more merits.

My suggestion would be to remove those are not depleting their sources unless its minuscule amounts and get new sources which are eager to award others. The thing about giving certain members massive amounts of merit is there is no diversity in the way they reward. Its better to have 300 different active merit sources than 100 with big allocations.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

20895 merit per 30 days between all of the merit sources looks to be a good amount of sMerit to distribute. More than enough to rank up 41 hero members or 83 sr members per month. Making it too easy for members to get merit would render the merit system ineffective at what it was brought in for.

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1080

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 12081
BTC + Crossfit, living life.

legendary
₿uy / $ell
Weekly bump.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174
Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator
AFAIK, @Coolcryptovator is now a merit source.
I think you're correct.
Just for confirmation, almost 5 months back I become merit source.

I know at least one member, Jet Cash, expressed much frustration at being a merit source and seemed to be losing enthusiasm for the position. 
LOL, second that. I have seen so many merit post by Jet Cash regarding merit, how should spent, where to spent, that guy deserve or not and so on. That's the reason why theymos should choose merit sources from active member and who are enough friendly to spend their smerit rather than  expressed  frustration.

Good job OP, most of applicant deserve merit source in my opinion. But it would not happen instantly. I had waited more then six months. I strongly believe most of from the list will be on merit source today or tomorrow.
staff
Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110
It's taking time because from theymos's view the forums doesn't need more sources or smerits. When the forum is in need of those, theymos doesn't waste any second to appoint new sources. The individual consideration give theymos and other forum users an idea on what the applicates consider to be a quality posts (that's why you're mandated to qoute 10 quality posts, probably lacking or don't have enough merit.
Exactly. Its not like theymos hasn't seen these applications, but there currently isn't a need or the candidate isn't well suited. Only theymos knows all the little bits of criteria that needs to be filled, and the only one with the tools to monitor the merit situation. Theymos is extremely active, and every time I've had an interaction with him there's been a response within 12 hours. That's going back a number of years, and of course my merit source application a year or so ago.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133
eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.
I suppose that individual considerations of Merit Source (MS) applications are taking a lot of time from admins. It seems to me that this is an inefficient way and automatic approach can be more optimal.

It's taking time because from theymos's view the forums doesn't need more sources or smerits. When the forum is in need of those, theymos doesn't waste any second to appoint new sources. The individual consideration give theymos and other forum users an idea on what the applicates consider to be a quality posts (that's why you're mandated to qoute 10 quality posts, probably lacking or don't have enough merit.

It also opens the users merit sending history to the public for review. In general this current method gives the community a voice to air their opinion on who should be or shouldn't be a source based on their meriting record and other forum contribution although theymos makes the final decision. The automatic system will take out the transpirancy and fun out of merit source application.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1653
Rêlêå§ê ¥ðµr MïñÐ
I suppose that individual considerations of Merit Source (MS) applications are taking a lot of time from admins. It seems to me that this is an inefficient way and automatic approach can be more optimal.

For example, the user could independently choose to be a MS in the profile, if fulfil the following requirements:
- rank from Sr. Member;
- has more than 500 received merit from 20 members or above;
- has more than 250 sent merit to 10 members or above (not counting members, from which the user got merit);
- has less than 5 sendable merit.

These conditions are intended to minimize the risk of abuses by chosen MS.

I also think it would be convenient if there will be a button in the profiles to decline to be a MS.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1165
🤩Finally Married🤩
@Cabalism13 is one of the local merit sources with one of the biggest monthly allocation (100 smerit) that's why your local board is very active in regards to him meriting you guys.
Can't deny the fact that our board is really in need of Merits just to be active. Majority of users there, are crypto earners and the ranking system together with the Merit system limits them to get the priviledge of earning. This forum have served many people already, it also helped most users. Now that I'm here, a Source, I would like to help users who are quite good enough to contribute on our board especially on this forum, Several minutes ago I helped a user to rank up from Member to Full Member.

100 sMerits isn't that large AFAIK, its just that there are already a number of you guys who are a Merit Source for the whole community, and IMO, that's the reason why the admin can't adjust the allocations of every Source. In my case, I already made a 2nd attempt for an increase of sMerits, for I know to myself I already did my job on my local. Still waiting for an opportunity to have an increase.

I was too lazy these past few days I ended up not using 30 of my sMerits and just used it all now. It's not a smart way of using it but still I know that the users who received it truly deserves it. Though I rarely give on some other Boards.

Enough sMerits?
-Yes
Then users will do their best to make an activity and somewhat contribute to a thread that makes them earn some.
Then comes with a payment where users joined a bounty.
Then an endless cycle of Merits

P. S. Now that I have mentioned it, shouldn't we all join Foxpup's Club?

Ads: Support Bitcointalk Charity Program
legendary
₿uy / $ell

Added, I see you edited your subject, now it look more like application Smiley

You can remove me from the list, I don't want to be a merit source any longer and as such I did not proceed with my application thread (will archive it now, thanks).

No problem, removed.

Suggestions:
1.Sort by date of applications
2.Collection of 10 Posts if achieved or not. (Ex. Hhampuz haven't started a single thing on his own application until now, so 10 posts has not been filled yet)

Its also necessary IMO. That's all.

🤔🤨 I thought Hhampuz, pugman and bitmover was already a Source?...

Sorted by date of application. If I see another application (like Hhampuz's one) I will add the additional column with status.

OP updated.
Pages:
Jump to: