Pages:
Author

Topic: Litecoin build for noobs: 3x 7950s (1.8 MH/s) in a $10 crate case - page 3. (Read 78987 times)

Activity: 162
Merit: 100
would like to see if i can get help with this. i got a 3x 7950 rig and 2 cards work perfect but the 3rd only get about 80kh/s i got a good 850 watt psu and it pulls 500 watts running like this. 1 card is plugged in to board and the other 2 are on riser whole system is in a crate. 1 card is hooked up via mole connectors. motherboard is sli rated and so is psu. mother board has 5 picE slots i moved cards around and switched power cables. Using cg miner and card show up as 600,80,600 Kh/s.
Has any one run into this and know a common cause.
video cardhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125414
motherboardhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128509
PSUhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139015

Thanks you all for you help with this matter. i seen a few other post similar to this but no replies to them
Activity: 185
I completely agree, it's crazy. My cards were delayed two weeks and I lost what is now a month and a half of mining.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Someone needs to slow down the difficulty increase. I have four cards, two of which I haven't even been able to use yet because of how long it takes to get risers - had them for a week. At this point, four cards won't do what two would do when I ordered the first two and I have only been running two cards for a week since the difficulty was 230-290, which was about 3 weeks ago. Its insane.

If you decide to get into mining make sure you have everything you need as soon as you get your cards - if you are going to run 4 cards, buy a MB with 4 PCI-e. Risers will take 2-4 weeks. Make sure rush deliver your cards, it will be worth it. and get them mining as soon as you get them. I have only mined about 20 LTC in 3 weeks when I should have at least 40 or more - I've got 4x7950s. I spent a chunk of change and have missed out on the opportunity to fully utilize what I had. Don't make the same mistake as me.
Activity: 233

Do you use powered risers? I have nearly the same setup but with 3 cards.

I cant help with making your system more efficient, sorry.

Yes, I use 2 powered risers, 2 cards run off the board.  You could probably run 3 unpowered and 1 powered, but I had an extra powered laying around so that's what I used.
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
I see several people reporting incredible performance efficiencies in this thread and I want to know your secret.  I'm interested in what settings you are running.

Here's what I have:
- ASRock Extreme 4
- Sempron 145
- 4GB RAM
- USB Flash Drive
- PC Power and Cooling Silencer MKIII 1200 (Platinum rated)
- 4x Sapphire 2L 7950s

I flashed my cards to undervolt them to 1.09V (using Sapphire Twin-X bios).  Stock bios was 1.25V unlocked, but needed to flash for Linux.
I run BAMT with CGMiner.
I currently run them at 1050 core/1500 memclock (.7 relation seems best) => ~625kh/s each and my kill-a-watt reads around 950w

Estimating high, lets say everything except the GPUs pulls 100 watts (i.e. CPU/RAM/USB/Mobo), that means each of my cards is pulling roughly 193.5w (@92% PSU efficiency).  Using the same estimation of 100w (CPU/RAM/HDD/Mobo), I see people with setups pulling 155-175w (a generous estimation of 90% PSU efficiency) per card and getting better hash rates on top of that.

If someone is able to help me increase my efficiency to these numbers, I will gladly send some LTC your way for your help!

Do you use powered risers? I have nearly the same setup but with 3 cards.

I cant help with making your system more efficient, sorry.
Activity: 233
I see several people reporting incredible performance efficiencies in this thread and I want to know your secret.  I'm interested in what settings you are running.

Here's what I have:
- ASRock Extreme 4
- Sempron 145
- 4GB RAM
- USB Flash Drive
- PC Power and Cooling Silencer MKIII 1200 (Platinum rated)
- 4x Sapphire 2L 7950s

I flashed my cards to undervolt them to 1.09V (using Sapphire Twin-X bios).  Stock bios was 1.25V unlocked, but needed to flash for Linux.
I run BAMT with CGMiner.
I currently run them at 1050 core/1500 memclock (.7 relation seems best) => ~625kh/s each and my kill-a-watt reads around 950w

Estimating high, lets say everything except the GPUs pulls 100 watts (i.e. CPU/RAM/USB/Mobo), that means each of my cards is pulling roughly 193.5w (@92% PSU efficiency).  Using the same estimation of 100w (CPU/RAM/HDD/Mobo), I see people with setups pulling 155-175w (a generous estimation of 90% PSU efficiency) per card and getting better hash rates on top of that.

If someone is able to help me increase my efficiency to these numbers, I will gladly send some LTC your way for your help!

One of my cards keeps crashing. I have all the default settings applied and after a bit of runtime cgminer scrypt within GuiMiner stops working for one of my cards. I recently started seeing extremely high temps - 100C - I heard my fan going insane and I shut it down. There is plenty of ventilation, I have good power supplies running these cards. I know know this isn't a lot of information but would a bad card cause cgminer to crash or is there possibly something else going on?

what brand card is it? I had some PowerColor HD7950s that would reach some pretty crazy high temps. I have since gotten rid of them.

They are Sapphires - the OC. I have two reference Sapphires I have not hooked up yet so maybe I will replace one and see what happens.

If I put one card in it gets so hot I can't touch it. If I put two cards in only one of them overheats. It makes no sense.

Oh, and I didn't have any problem when I first put two cards in after using an additional psu. It does matter which of the three cards I've used - they will overheat.
legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
One of my cards keeps crashing. I have all the default settings applied and after a bit of runtime cgminer scrypt within GuiMiner stops working for one of my cards. I recently started seeing extremely high temps - 100C - I heard my fan going insane and I shut it down. There is plenty of ventilation, I have good power supplies running these cards. I know know this isn't a lot of information but would a bad card cause cgminer to crash or is there possibly something else going on?

what brand card is it? I had some PowerColor HD7950s that would reach some pretty crazy high temps. I have since gotten rid of them.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Has anyone on this thread got a Gigabyte 7950 that's voltage locked? Most people seem to be having a lot of success with the MSI 7950, but the one I've got is voltage locked Sad

The best performance I can get is 550 KH/s using these params:

--thread-concurrency 20000 --shaders 1792 --lookup-gap 2 -I 20 -g 1 -w 256 --gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1575 --gpu-powertune 0  --auto-fan

I've tried setting --gpu-powertune however no difference in performance, and setting --thread-concurrency to anything higher than 20000 causes CGMiner to not even load!

set your TC to 22272, take shaders out (don't need it), remove lookup gap, Intensity 19, gpu engine 1100, memclock 1400, remove powertune.  let me know what you get.

Gave that a try and had same error. I had a few more experiments and I ended up with this which is ticking over at an average of 636 KH/s:

--temp-target 70 --thread-concurrency 20000 --shaders 1792 --lookup-gap 2 -I 20 -g 1 -w 256 --gpu-engine 1050 --gpu-memclock 1450 --gpu-powertune 10

The one thing that helped me for some reason was to make sure I removed the --gpu-autofan option, this really seemed to help with my temperatures and keeping things ticking along at 57C - 61C. For reference, this is the card I'm using: http://www.dabs.com/products/gigabyte-ati-radeon-7950-hd-800mhz-3gb-pci-e-hdmi-windforce-3x-oc-7XN5.html?q=7950&src=16
Activity: 644
U can, but be aware that using PCIe x1 will, for sure overheat the flat cable, so 100% alert and careful to avoud damages okay?

i'm not sure how do make it not to overheat..maybe ask over here to see if some one has it.

I don't believe this is true.  All the extender cables PCIe x1-x16 have the same 12v power wires.  The only difference is that they have less data wires.  You'll draw the same power through a pcie x1 extender as you will through a pcie x16 extender.

If you're concerned about drawing too much power through the mobo just use an extender with a molex soldered to the 12v power lines.

One extender won't heat up more than another unless you're comparing an extender with a molex power plug too an extender without a molex power plug.  The extender without the molex plug will get hotter as it is drawing more power from the motherboard.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Would this be the best bet mobo for running 4 eventually?

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130653

I'd probably start with two.
Also if you'd like I could suggest a mini SDD hDD, less heat and power consumption?

What CPU should I put in the above mobo if it's a good choice?

Tanks Smiley
Activity: 140
Has anyone on this thread got a Gigabyte 7950 that's voltage locked? Most people seem to be having a lot of success with the MSI 7950, but the one I've got is voltage locked Sad

--thread-concurrency 20000 --shaders 1792 --lookup-gap 2 -I 20 -g 1 -w 256 --gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1575 --gpu-powertune 0  --auto-fan

I've tried setting --gpu-powertune however no difference in performance, and setting --thread-concurrency to anything higher than 20000 causes CGMiner to not even load!

set your TC to 22272, take shaders out (don't need it), remove lookup gap, Intensity 19, gpu engine 1100, memclock 1400, remove powertune.  let me know what you get.
Activity: 46

Activity: 294
U can, but be aware that using PCIe x1 will, for sure overheat the flat cable, so 100% alert and careful to avoud damages okay?

i'm not sure how do make it not to overheat..maybe ask over here to see if some one has it.
Activity: 32
Could I use 3 x HD7950 with the GA-H77-DS3H?

It has:
  • 1x PCI-E 3.0 x16 @ x16
  • 1x PCI-E 2.0 x16 @ x4
  • 2 x PCI-E 2.0 x1

From what I read you can use a HD7950 on a PCI-E x1 without any disadvantage. But maybe I'm wrong.
My rig is a little different but I wanted to see if anyone else was having this happen.  I currently have five 7950's on risers and every
time I start Cgminer at least one GPU is deactivated and I have to enable it in the settings.  Does anyone know how to get them to be
activated all the time?  It is very annoying to have an auto-restart while I'm gone and find that only 3 of the 5 GPU's were active.
tell me your .bat (cmd live cgminer)

i will try on my own 2 cards, i can't pass 420mh/s each

:loop
C:\Users\loans_000\Desktop\cgminer\cgminer.exe -c C:\Users\loans_000\Desktop\cgminer\cgminer2.conf
timeout /T 10
goto loop

color 70
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu.wemineltc.com:3333 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD --shaders 1792 --intensity 18 --worksize 256 -v 1 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-threads 1 --thread-concurrency 24000 --gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1575 --gpu-vddc 1.119

GPU engine and gpu-memclock is for OC right? since i don't want OC, i just dont use this 2 cmds right?

edit -> Where i put this? in .BAT right? cause of :loop i think is .bat
Activity: 280
Vantacor
My rig is a little different but I wanted to see if anyone else was having this happen.  I currently have five 7950's on risers and every
time I start Cgminer at least one GPU is deactivated and I have to enable it in the settings.  Does anyone know how to get them to be
activated all the time?  It is very annoying to have an auto-restart while I'm gone and find that only 3 of the 5 GPU's were active.

:loop
C:\Users\loans_000\Desktop\cgminer\cgminer.exe -c C:\Users\loans_000\Desktop\cgminer\cgminer2.conf
timeout /T 10
goto loop

color 70
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://eu.wemineltc.com:3333 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD -o stratum+tcp://coinotron.com:3334 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD --shaders 1792 --intensity 18 --worksize 256 -v 1 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-threads 1 --thread-concurrency 24000 --gpu-engine 1100 --gpu-memclock 1575 --gpu-vddc 1.119

My rig is a little different but I wanted to see if anyone else was having this happen.  I currently have five 7950's on risers and every
time I start Cgminer at least one GPU is deactivated and I have to enable it in the settings.  Does anyone know how to get them to be
activated all the time?  It is very annoying to have an auto-restart while I'm gone and find that only 3 of the 5 GPU's were active.

can some one help me please... read two reply above(look for my nickName akipfer)
Pages:
Jump to: