Author

Topic: Litecoin is officially dead - page 102. (Read 290699 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
July 10, 2015, 07:07:12 AM
Well as of today seems like litecoin is more alive than ever, second on coinmarketcap with a significant lead on ripple, the price got to 8$ and its still growing, i mean the ratio BTC/LTC is higher than it was in 2014. Im not really sure if this will last long since it's sustained by nothing but speculative parties but we will see.

It is a massive Pump and Dump, nothing else. The Litecoin thing has exactly same real value as before, that value is precisely zero. The thing used by no real world applications whatsoever except by day traders in China, and I can assure you (even if you make millions in short term on day trading) that is a not a sustainable business model.

The only real world Crypto application besides Bitcoin is GetGems. All other alts have failed to deliver an app that is simple to understand, has a use case and enough incentive to people to use.

And this one GadgetNet https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-gdgc-gadgetcoin-iot-m2m-smart-contracts-on-hardware-854280 , an IoT coin/blockchain with real world use cases like adult and gaming P2P live video streaming. That's what crypto needs, real world use cases.

And of course Bitcoin is used already by real world apps and GetGems is cool too.

Well a lot of altcoins have potential to become useful in the real world but even bitcoins right now are not really that useful, yes you can buy a lot of things but it still needs a lot of work and its price is definitely not determined by that, most of the times.

I am not talking about theoretically what alt can be useful. Theoretically all alts could be useful, theoretically they can be even currency exchange unit in monkey shit trading. Anything. However, currently not even NXT (which has a massive community) is used in real world application. All of them, including Litecoin is just pure day trade speculation commodity.

The very few IoT and technology coins like GadgetCoin is purposefully and by design attached to a real world use case. Instead of trying to find use case to the application, they build the application for a use case.

Bitcoin doesn't have to do that as Bitcoin for the quite right reason is relatively widely used (if the 100,000 active users most of them traders qualifies as wide usage, but comparing to other alts it definitely is).
Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
July 10, 2015, 06:58:00 AM
Well as of today seems like litecoin is more alive than ever, second on coinmarketcap with a significant lead on ripple, the price got to 8$ and its still growing, i mean the ratio BTC/LTC is higher than it was in 2014. Im not really sure if this will last long since it's sustained by nothing but speculative parties but we will see.

It is a massive Pump and Dump, nothing else. The Litecoin thing has exactly same real value as before, that value is precisely zero. The thing used by no real world applications whatsoever except by day traders in China, and I can assure you (even if you make millions in short term on day trading) that is a not a sustainable business model.

The only real world Crypto application besides Bitcoin is GetGems. All other alts have failed to deliver an app that is simple to understand, has a use case and enough incentive to people to use.

And this one GadgetNet https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-gdgc-gadgetcoin-iot-m2m-smart-contracts-on-hardware-854280 , an IoT coin/blockchain with real world use cases like adult and gaming P2P live video streaming. That's what crypto needs, real world use cases.

And of course Bitcoin is used already by real world apps and GetGems is cool too.

Well a lot of altcoins have potential to become useful in the real world but even bitcoins right now are not really that useful, yes you can buy a lot of things but it still needs a lot of work and its price is definitely not determined by that, most of the times.
July 10, 2015, 06:50:29 AM

Activity: 868
July 10, 2015, 06:37:26 AM
Actual news, Litecoin rating droped  since weak hands cannot carry bagholders and  exited at 0.030  Wink
But no need to panic for now.
The rapid rise has called for a correction. from 0.325 to the 61.8 Fibo level is 0.0200 if this level breaks then, well shit Wink

lol fibonacci is so overrated.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
July 10, 2015, 06:34:33 AM
Actual news, Litecoin rating droped  since weak hands cannot carry bagholders and  exited at 0.030  Wink
But no need to panic for now.
The rapid rise has called for a correction. from 0.325 to the 61.8 Fibo level is 0.0200 if this level breaks then, well shit Wink
Activity: 868
July 10, 2015, 06:31:06 AM

July 10, 2015, 05:55:18 AM

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
July 10, 2015, 04:50:12 AM
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
July 10, 2015, 04:44:09 AM
when it get to $100 then the joke will be good

we are still 5 x less than 50$ but its still way above where is has been.

Well you have to understand, the previous $48 was a result of the empty gox/willy bot/$1200 BTC fiasco. So it was an artificial value created due to the status of a "natural trading partner" that Litecoin has with Bitcoin.
Could not agree more but things will get more interesting as we approach closer to block halving.

sure it will, my price prediction will be around 20$ max or less 15$ maybe, it cant be done like in 2013 btc is standing still this time
July 10, 2015, 04:03:22 AM
I must say from the latest experience (july 2015), i tried to move bitcoin and litecoin form one exchange to another.
Bitcoin was in the past slow, up to 1 hour of transaction time.
A lot of acticles  wrote on blogs they improved the network or whatever feature makes it way faster than before.
But when i tried it recently i got exact the same resulty like in 2013.
Bitcoin often up to 60 mins, Litecoin max 10 minutes!

So from a practical standpoint when transaction time matters (for trading)
i just cant wait an hour , even 30min is unpractical. Its like lotto what confirmation speed you get.
The fastest BTC transaction i got from the many i did, was 10mins. The average is about 30-40mins.

Ltc on the other Hand was max 10 mins often faster.
Activity: 770
July 10, 2015, 03:04:09 AM

Well you have to understand, the previous $48 was a result of the empty gox/willy bot/$1200 BTC fiasco. So it was an artificial value created due to the status of a "natural trading partner" that Litecoin has with Bitcoin.
Could not agree more but things will get more interesting as we approach closer to block halving.
Activity: 812
Litecoin Association Director
July 10, 2015, 02:53:29 AM

legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
July 10, 2015, 01:31:47 AM

Activity: 812
Litecoin Association Director
July 10, 2015, 01:12:29 AM
Can some one PM the mods to close this guy or can we just dedicate this thread to making fun of darkota?

I've PMed them several times in the past because it was pure fud and false information, and they have not. So it looks like we just poke fun Smiley.
Activity: 912
Merit: 1021
If you don’t believe, why are you here?
July 10, 2015, 12:50:59 AM
Can some one PM the mods to close this guy or can we just dedicate this thread to making fun of darkota?
Activity: 143
Merit: 100
July 09, 2015, 11:35:10 PM
Im very sad why i sell my Litecoin cheap
Did you sell against CNY?
Sad day for you. But there are worse things than selling with fat profit.  Grin

I also noticed that most LTC arbitrage markets just broke down e.g. there are relatively big price differentials between exchanges but they are not very well exploited since the people that normally do the arbitrage rather keep their LTC. However, this will go back to normal once LTC has discovered it's new price range.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
July 09, 2015, 11:25:08 PM
WTF !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im very sad why i sell my Litecoin cheap  Cry
July 09, 2015, 10:21:26 PM
Double digits soon??
triple digits up 3 figures?
litecoin will stop or at least make a halt on 1:1 on Bitcoin  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001
July 09, 2015, 09:40:45 PM
Double digits soon??
legendary
Activity: 938
July 09, 2015, 09:39:30 PM
Is Litecoin officially alive now?
Yes Alive, with certificate and very good AAA  rating from Standard & Poor’s
 Grin

Well, In that case author of this topic could consider change dead by alive because it have AAA rating ....   Grin
Jump to: