Pages:
Author

Topic: Litecoin is officially dead - page 98. (Read 290699 times)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
July 25, 2015, 07:32:16 AM
Lite coin is not dead as  we see the market cap is $ 192,638,207 and for 24 hours there is a + 12.51 % increase.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
WILL SKYPE CHAT FOR 3 MILLION COMPOUND COIN
July 25, 2015, 07:09:09 AM
Can someone tell me why no matter what litecoin address I have none of the faucets seem to recognize it?
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1073
July 25, 2015, 02:05:25 AM
If only litecoin had developers. Here you go 2112.

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=26793.msg278378#msg278378
Well, guess what?

It is just 2 days later and the Litecoin's testnet is split again in the exactly same fashion: the new v3 ceased to propagate and network got stuck at block 645801 that was miner 14 hours ago.

Which basically confirms that no active developers are working on the Litecoin's code and whatever work was done to incorporate Bitcoin changes from 0.10.2 caused the network split by lack of propagation of the new blocks.

The old (v2) network one again overtook the supposedly updated network and seems to be at least at block 645939 and the new ones are coming in with the regular, expected cadence.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
July 24, 2015, 07:21:20 AM
time to buy some LTC!

w8 little more think that price will drop down a bit and then it will go up again

We are waiting for the price of $ 2, and start buying. Cheesy

3$ will be more then 2$ but i may be wrong also it may not fall just go up slowly
u

$4.13 usd to ltc .... I just looked....would be nice if it would be the silver to bitcoin's gold as the analogy goes.........say before halving peaks at 6 or 7 say usd and dumps back down to 4 bucks which imho after halving seems a fair price if it really does have a use as an alternative to bitcoin (ie silver analogy) ......then again I am now holding 3063 LTC as we speak and mining 50 every 3 days (soon to be 50 from the pool every 6 days)

so could be the dreams of the 'deluded' don't ya know Smiley

but LTC as an alternative that was more or less as a % of bitcoin's worth as such as bitcoin rises in % would not be altogether a bad thing imho again the silver to gold
linkage or some sort analogy

anyway so the 'thoughts' go of those who are (or so far) hoarding LTC ..just well....because (my only lame excuse right now as we speak) Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
July 24, 2015, 05:52:03 AM
time to buy some LTC!

w8 little more think that price will drop down a bit and then it will go up again

3$ will be more then 2$ but i may be wrong also it may not fall just go up slowly
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
July 23, 2015, 04:11:55 PM
waiting for LTC to touch under single digit.
legendary
Activity: 1174
July 22, 2015, 09:47:07 AM
RIP litecoin

Just kidding, buying soon
Activity: 912
Merit: 1021
If you don’t believe, why are you here?
July 22, 2015, 08:02:49 AM
If only litecoin had developers. Here you go 2112.

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=26793.msg278378#msg278378
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008
July 22, 2015, 05:30:58 AM
time to buy some LTC!

legendary
Activity: 1484
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
July 22, 2015, 05:21:17 AM
time to buy some LTC!

legendary
Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049
July 21, 2015, 05:13:36 PM
What is the safest exchange to trade LTC on?
Kraken has LTC. They just aren't licensed to sell BTC for USD in many US states. You can buy from Coinbase and trade LTC with Kraken.
Activity: 466
Merit: 250
Twitter Follow for no BS crypto: @SecretsOfCrypto
July 21, 2015, 01:10:36 PM
time to buy some LTC!
Activity: 616
July 21, 2015, 12:51:24 PM
because this fud topic exists, ltc is not dead  Smiley
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
July 21, 2015, 12:09:56 PM
i like these expressions " officially" lol

I know right, like who is the grand proclaimer of such things, who is this official that makes the decision?
Activity: 728
July 21, 2015, 03:25:31 AM
i like these expressions " officially" lol
Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
July 21, 2015, 03:24:53 AM
Maybe you should open an account on https://litecointalk.org and post your question on that forum?
I'm not that interested in Litecoin and LitecoinTalk. I actually asked TheMage the same thing couple of days ago, as you can see in the announce subforum.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11890695

The lack of response and interest is deafening.

coblee, litecoin founder its pretty active on reddit check this post out: https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/1o3fdz/we_are_the_litecoin_dev_team_ama/

You can ask your questions there, he will definitely respond to them, you can see his last post was like 6 hours ago
legendary
July 21, 2015, 02:08:54 AM
You'll need to clearly mark edits to have a meaningful discussion on the forum. Otherwise I'm going to assume that you are simply drunk or otherwise under the influence.
Ok - I get it... sorry if I failed to recognize your signature earlier.

BTW: litecoin is updating their code based on bitcoin changes (check Github).  Therefore if there are to be software problems with Litecoin, the same should occur on Bitcoin...

Is Litecoin a copy-cat of Bitcoin?  Totally... with the exception of the POW algorithm, some anti-spam function not in Bitcoin, with 4x more transactions per minutes, faster confirmations, and only 3X less nodes than Bitcoin.

The fact that you say that you are not interested by Litecoin, but that you bother to provide comments on a Litecoin post, and that you checked the Litecoin Testnet extensively, up to finding multiple forks existed on the Testnet, ...  tells me that you are concerned about Litecoin.  

Arabs and Jews - Bitcoin and Litecoin - why can't we live in peace? Let's not repeat errors of the past - a new beginning.  Both are born from the same root, both can help and grow together, complementing each other... Bitcoin for value, Litecoin for fast transactions and ledger data transmission....  Let crypto be on the right side of history!
Who cares if there are forks on the testnet - that's what the testnet is for - testing!  There is no meaningful mining hash rate on the testnet - therefore... forks... Again, who cares... it is not a sign of lack of developers - but merely a sign of lack of miners....   

As long as the mainnet  holds - and it did over the last 4 years - that what's important.  The coin being so cheap, most developers must be testing their changes on the main net...

You have to remember that the Bitcoin Testnet was introduced only in 2011 when the price of Bitcoin was around $3.   What is the price of Litecoin at the moment? ...  Maybe when Litecoin reaches higher prices then developers will find it useful to use a Testnet instead of the MainNet.
Looking through the post in the Litecoin launch thread I see that I've run both litecoin's mainnet & testnet less than 3 days after the official launch. The 1st testnet probably run even earlier than the official launched mainnet, although I can't access that machine now.

You seem to be confusing the dates of the resets of the testnet with the dates of the launches.

What I'm afraid of is that Litecoin's core development team had abandoned it's creation. This would be a shame and disappointment. In the past there were lulls in the interest and development around the Litecoin core client. I recall testnet partitionings, but I do not recall such a long fork.

Anyway, is there anybody awake and sober reding this thread who could either restart the Litecoin's testnet client on his machine ot sjust start it from scratch and report back?
legendary
July 21, 2015, 12:58:21 AM
Who cares if there are forks on the testnet - that's what the testnet is for - testing!  There is no meaningful mining hash rate on the testnet - therefore... forks... Again, who cares... it is not a sign of lack of developers - but merely a sign of lack of miners....  

As long as the mainnet  holds - and it did over the last 4 years - that what's important.  The coin being so cheap, most developers must test their commits on the main net...
Developers, if they existed, would care about long forks.

You are certainly right about plentitude of short forks, they are expected and inconsequential. "getchaintips" show 717 branches in one of my test nodes.

But the long fork and a complete stall in the updates of the blockexplorer for couple of days means only one thing: the code is buggy, nobody's watching it, and nobody's developing any software to be used with Litecoin.

Testnet is always an early warning system for the software problems.
legendary
July 21, 2015, 12:31:21 AM
Maybe you should open an account on https://litecointalk.org and post your question on that forum?
I'm not that interested in Litecoin and LitecoinTalk. I actually asked TheMage the same thing couple of days ago, as you can see in the announce subforum.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11890695

The lack of response and interest is deafening.
legendary
July 21, 2015, 12:15:09 AM
Yeah, but where are the developers?

Litecoin's testnet has been split for over 5 days, with the depth of fork counting in thousands of blocks. And not a single comment from anybody?

https://chain.so/testnet/ltc

Where's the Litecoin's development community?

Pages:
Jump to: