Pages:
Author

Topic: Litecoin is officially dead - page 99. (Read 290699 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
July 20, 2015, 04:56:25 PM
LTC is not dead, it is waiting for future

Indeed. I think that Litecoin will be one of the few alt coins that would survive in the future. When Bitcoin goes mainstream, Litecoin would probably increase in price.

How come?

Well, Litecoin is number 3 in market cap as of today. That's probably the case but it's unpredictable... Smiley

Lets wait and see. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
July 20, 2015, 03:13:58 PM

Indeed. I think that Litecoin will be one of the few alt coins that would survive in the future. When Bitcoin goes mainstream, Litecoin would probably increase in price.

How come?

Well, Litecoin is number 3 in market cap as of today. That's probably the case but it's unpredictable... Smiley
July 20, 2015, 01:27:13 PM

How come?
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
July 20, 2015, 09:26:10 AM

Activity: 456
Merit: 275
July 20, 2015, 07:10:45 AM
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
DIA | Data infrastructure for DeFi
July 20, 2015, 05:57:55 AM
IMO for ltc to be dead, btc has to be very very ill...
Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
July 20, 2015, 05:02:19 AM
The only thing dogecoin had going for it, was literally, a doggy on the coin...

=squeak=

And 50% of altcoins, probably more, are basically a re-skin of other altcoins or bitcoin, we all know the crypto community is not very serious in this aspect and i dont know if its a good thing or not, in the short term probably not, for people that want to get profit, in the long term probably not very good for the whole community.
Activity: 450
July 20, 2015, 01:51:56 AM
The only thing dogecoin had going for it, was literally, a doggy on the coin...

=squeak=
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
July 19, 2015, 08:18:58 PM
It still has a strong fanbase so who knows.

However i think DOGECOIN is the real crap. That hyperinflated Dogturd has 100 billion pieces and still growing.

And its even a bigger joke than Litecoin with far less to offer.
July 19, 2015, 01:43:20 PM
What is the safest exchange to trade LTC on?

Poloniex got a good reputation.
Activity: 891
July 19, 2015, 01:23:00 PM
Kraken is certainly not a bad choice when it comes to safety. Not as liquid as BTC-e though.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
July 19, 2015, 01:11:48 PM
What is the safest exchange to trade LTC on?
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
July 18, 2015, 11:41:12 PM
Shocked

Highly unlikely that this coin will ever die as long as Bitcoin is around.

The base is too large.

I agree, as long as there is even a slight possibility that Bitcoin might stumble, LTC will be around.

In my view if we all find out that this last halving of LTC was just a pump and dump by BTC and LTC whales and the price goes back AFTER halving to around
say 1.69 usd to 2.00 (it was 1.69 june 5th 2015) well ...a lot of p/o'd bag holders at that point will dump and anyone still mining scrypt on equipment they
already have (me with titan(s)) will DEFINITELY be mining LTC to BTC direct and not holding LTC anymore..ie run the rubber band out imho

and also at that price again imho we likely would NOT see any new scrypt pow miners of any type in the works either data hall exclusive or less likely
home miner versions..it would really cripple if not kill all pow/scrypt like LTC and dodgecoin etc

such a hit would wind the worldwide press up as well and the FUD would fly on how pow/scrypt alts are in trouble thus the inevitable that means bitcoin is
in trouble (not really but that is what the FUD would say) so would likely for a bit effect BTC price lower

so yeah LTC and pow/scrypt could go away....if on this halving it was all pump and goes back to old prices with 1/2 the coin you are able to mine with your
scrypt/pow equipment for LTC and/or as a result of this price return to around 2 bucks..the further unlikelyhood of any new pow/scrypt equipment of any kind

now LTC currently is doing what I expect...ie around 4 bucks and after halving I expect the same if not a small rise due to the halving ..but the above alternative
is possible if not as likely imho as just the expected 3 - 4 buck LTC coin after halving

"prepare for the worst......hope for the best" I guess Smiley

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505
July 18, 2015, 03:46:23 PM
Shocked

The base is too large.

I agree, as long as there is even a slight possibility that Bitcoin might stumble, LTC will be around.

I dont see why that assumption would be correct, there are plenty of altcoins and plenty of them died even if bitcoin hasnt, not long ago litecoin was on the 1$ mark, there is always the possibility for it to die no matter what bitcoin price is, at leas that is my opinion
Activity: 259
July 18, 2015, 09:49:20 AM
Shocked

The base is too large.

Activity: 448
July 18, 2015, 09:42:26 AM

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
July 15, 2015, 08:21:31 PM
will ltc go to 0.02. I'm contemplating on whether to buy or wait for it to go under 0.01

You just missed a pretty massive pump and dump.  The question is, will that group rinse and repeat.

Doubtful imho (an I'm holding a mess of LTC) the next "ferry ride" and go round will be on the bitcoin halving in 2016 (august?) imho

(I hate these 'ferry rides' for LTC...I get sea sick and always want to jump off the boat anyway.....then I get to the destination and
it is not as advertised....) Smiley

silly hobby

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
July 15, 2015, 07:55:54 AM

6. Price goes nowhere for halving, maybe even drops, everyone sells thinking its dead, price drops back to $2 and then boom, shoots to $40 after large players shook everyone out of the cheap coins. Wink

yeah i like 6) above...silly primates we all are it is likely Smiley

7. Giant asteroid hits the earth, wipes out all but two humans, fortunately a man and a woman who are able to repopulate the earth after some centuries of hardship. No ones give a rats behind about crypto anymore.

also likely Smiley

I can put up with that as long as the Man is ME! and the woman is Kate Upton (come on Kate ...we need to get some 'baby mining' going on here...move some human units..) Smiley

actually I like the above version of yours of "mining' a lot better then cyrpto and looking at your above quote of yours with the conditions of me her and NOT YOU lol Smiley

best post of the thread in over 60 pages
legendary
mining is so 2012-2013
July 15, 2015, 07:55:19 AM
will ltc go to 0.02. I'm contemplating on whether to buy or wait for it to go under 0.01

You just missed a pretty massive pump and dump.  The question is, will that group rinse and repeat.
legendary
mining is so 2012-2013
July 15, 2015, 07:54:25 AM
I have a feeling litecoin was pumped by chineese exchanges (okcoin!) and because its such a small market and there are so few exchanges, the rest of the market just jumps on the bandwagon.
BTC-e and Bitfinex did have, and have almost 80% of trading volume. So your feeling tells you the 10% Chinese trading volume managed to pump. Cryptsy, Bittrex and co make up the rest in total over 50 exchanges.

BTC-E   LTC/USD   31.64 %    
BTC-E   LTC/BTC   23.77 %    
Bitfinex   LTC/USD   16.52 %        
Bitfinex   LTC/BTC    6.52 %    
BTC-E   LTC/RUR    0.43 %    
BTC-E   LTC/EUR    0.36 %

Bitfinex is always getting pushed around by smaller Chinese exchanges in the BTC market.  Not sure why LTC would have to be different. 

Not saying that is the case.  Just saying this argument doesn't convince me.   
Pages:
Jump to: