Author

Topic: Litecoin is officially dead - page 130. (Read 290699 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Litecoin Association Director
October 13, 2014, 12:59:05 AM
I'd rather buy LTC right now than BTC, as it's more likely to double in value before the end of the year. Ultimately though, I think innovative coins like maidsafe are a wiser investment right now.

+1 to the whole post :-)

The DOGE boost has revived the zombie. I was pessimistic, but not now.

Funny I was thinking exactly the same, LTC now appears more profitable on short-term than BTC, but who knows.

Wow thats odd, I feel the complete opposite (not good for short term but great long term). What time frame are you talking about and why do you feel it will only be good short term considering its coming up on 3 years where most alt coins cant last 3 months? Not trying to be a smart ass here, im very curious to hear your responses.
Activity: 265
Merit: 250
Honni Soit Qui Mal i Pense
October 12, 2014, 10:41:33 PM
I'd rather buy LTC right now than BTC, as it's more likely to double in value before the end of the year. Ultimately though, I think innovative coins like maidsafe are a wiser investment right now.

+1 to the whole post :-)

The DOGE boost has revived the zombie. I was pessimistic, but not now.
Activity: 369
October 12, 2014, 09:29:37 PM

If you are buying maidsafe for $$$, then it is a decent gamble. But I find it next to impossible to believe that maidsafe, Counterparty, Bitshares, etc. to have the upside that BTC can have due to their very nature, competition, young space, etc. Their have been arguments ad nauseum to this affect. That said, their is a bit more here happening than one can predict, and having some insurance, so to speak, would be both a prudent and "fun" thing. There is something to be said for just being in this space, taking part, etc.

IAS

I don't see why they can't gain in value relative to btc. I understand that no alt is in a position to overtake btc, as you have to acquire btc in order to buy most alts.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
October 12, 2014, 03:27:05 PM

If you are buying maidsafe for $$$, then it is a decent gamble. But I find it next to impossible to believe that maidsafe, Counterparty, Bitshares, etc. to have the upside that BTC can have due to their very nature, competition, young space, etc. Their have been arguments ad nauseum to this affect. That said, their is a bit more here happening than one can predict, and having some insurance, so to speak, would be both a prudent and "fun" thing. There is something to be said for just being in this space, taking part, etc.

IAS
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
October 12, 2014, 02:07:19 PM
There sure is an awful lot of hash power thrown at this "officially dead" coin.. and why the desire to merge mine DOGE with a dead coin? Just wondering.

Litecoin is dead thread # 3027.
Activity: 369
October 12, 2014, 11:40:39 AM
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
October 12, 2014, 11:19:40 AM
Yeah it sucks that it took so long for LTC to get on Coinbase.  I mean 2015 is going to be terrible for Litecoin, coinbase will be the nail in the coffin for this coin.
Activity: 406
AltoCenter.com
October 12, 2014, 11:03:43 AM
It was not too far when I heard about Litecoin and people were asking if it can overtake Bitcoin. But now, no whisper at all. Really disappointing.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005
October 12, 2014, 10:19:41 AM
should be a dump coming soon... get ready
Activity: 812
Litecoin Association Director
October 12, 2014, 01:04:11 AM
LTC offers nothing useful to the market. Great for young traders to mess around with. Remember those $46 dollar days? Smiley
LTC is already abandoned by it's Dev and considered as dead as there's no active development. But just because of Bag holders it stays in the market and it'll continue like this, it's now considered as only a trading coin without any useful feature.

Seriously, whatever coin you represent as a sockpuppet i would love to know. You do realize that statements like this are counter productive to the crypto movement as a whole right? Or can you not see your greed and ignorance right in front of you?

For those interested, yes the developers are still working very hard at Litecoin, and also work on the bitcoin core as well. As a matter of fact an update was just posted a few days ago

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=22039.0
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
October 12, 2014, 12:50:40 AM
LTC offers nothing useful to the market. Great for young traders to mess around with. Remember those $46 dollar days? Smiley
LTC is already abandoned by it's Dev and considered as dead as there's no active development. But just because of Bag holders it stays in the market and it'll continue like this, it's now considered as only a trading coin without any useful feature.
Activity: 294
October 11, 2014, 11:28:03 AM
Activity: 301
October 01, 2014, 12:08:41 PM
Litecoin has being overtaken by bitcoindark Cheesy
Activity: 277
October 01, 2014, 12:05:27 PM
do u think that litecoin prices would rise or should i sell all my LTCs

No buy all TIPS ...so cheap  Wink
Activity: 61
October 01, 2014, 11:27:20 AM
do u think that litecoin prices would rise or should i sell all my LTCs
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
October 01, 2014, 07:42:31 AM

also i heard that they dont want to develop ltc, but i see future for little more cuz they want to merge pools with several other coins.
as long as this is option ltc wont die if they leave this then it will slowly loose no. 2 on list but it wont die.

Interesting. Lot of talk about mergers around lately. Is that just mining pool merge of something more radical?

Think it will be only mining pool merge although were some rumors that doge and ltc are working together on something big.
This was only a rumor few months back old.
Dont know any details so I cant say that is true.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
October 01, 2014, 04:27:34 AM

also i heard that they dont want to develop ltc, but i see future for little more cuz they want to merge pools with several other coins.
as long as this is option ltc wont die if they leave this then it will slowly loose no. 2 on list but it wont die.

Interesting. Lot of talk about mergers around lately. Is that just mining pool merge of something more radical?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
October 01, 2014, 03:56:32 AM
eventually they die too, they persist long enough I think, having previously tried to get up several times, but finally all in vain.
I still remember in one of their faucet I got 0.9 LTC,
but the site had been sold before I could withdraw them: D

yes several faucet in that time give even more but when turn to withdraw they just went dead.
Activity: 378
October 01, 2014, 02:31:35 AM
eventually they die too, they persist long enough I think, having previously tried to get up several times, but finally all in vain.
I still remember in one of their faucet I got 0.9 LTC,
but the site had been sold before I could withdraw them: D
Activity: 84
October 01, 2014, 02:23:35 AM
Looks like dev isn't anymore interested about this coin. So it's almost a dead coin.
Jump to: