Pages:
Author

Topic: Litecoin is officially dead - page 63. (Read 290699 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
January 09, 2017, 07:39:48 PM
hmm, maybe the segwit thing is gonna motivate the r/btc psychos to run to ltc instead plus others who are bored with bitcoin's stalemate. fuck knows why they had such a boner for that eth junk anyway. ltc's been sat waiting for them the whole time.

if i had to abandon bitcoin and move to another coin i can't really think of anything other than ltc. it's strong, secure and honest even if its trading has been staggeringly static for what seems like eternity.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001
January 09, 2017, 07:38:00 PM
A little pump and the Litecoin is officially dead thread is back from the dead!!!

I'd be happy if we can get above $5 for the short-term and worry about the rest later. Smiley

It's already at $5 in my local currency (AUD), when BTCtc got to $1500 AUD LTC was at $6 AUD, still nothing like the $10 AUD pump that it had last year.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
January 09, 2017, 07:15:43 PM
A little pump and the Litecoin is officially dead thread is back from the dead!!!

I'd be happy if we can get above $5 for the short-term and worry about the rest later. Smiley
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
January 09, 2017, 07:13:02 PM
The marketcap still is more than $200 million, it can't be dead. It also still have a high trading volume which is almost  $20 million. I'm not a litecoin fan but its value also rise lately.

It's also held a top 5 position on coin market cap for a few years now. Trading has more volume as years go by and price has increased. Clearly there is more and more adoption. This coin has a bright future.
legendary
Activity: 1174
Merit: 1001
January 09, 2017, 07:03:24 PM
Just the beginning.  Grin
Activity: 372
Merit: 250
January 09, 2017, 05:46:30 PM
What about this pump?
legendary
Activity: 1843
Merit: 1338
XXXVII Fnord is toast without bread
January 08, 2017, 05:10:57 PM
Litecoin will be worth $75 each before December 31, 2017. Hodl

-PoolMinor
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
January 08, 2017, 03:38:48 AM
-No No, Bitcoin is gold, litecoin is silver. If bitcoin exist, Litecoin will never die
-My opinion, you shouldn't confirmed Litecoin is officially dead. You aren't God, you can not predict the future
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
January 08, 2017, 02:51:45 AM
Litecoin was dead yearrs ago, was a good cryptocurrency i've been using from start of January 2014, and really help me to pay some bills. Was a good altcoin, even i was mining litecoin with GTX 550 Ti, lol now with GTX 550 Ti mining another altcoin give me 0.001$ at day. Another cryptocurreny with Litecoin was Dogecoin. Oh damm  Sad that was good days.
legendary
Activity: 1354
Merit: 1020
I was diagnosed with brain parasite
January 06, 2017, 12:41:50 PM
dead coin = coin with not moving blockchain

Litecoin is definitely not dead.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Transact Safer / Chase Better
January 06, 2017, 02:39:47 AM
Lol everyone likes to say this coins dead and that coins dead. Meanwhile they dont really know what they talking about.
What is the point ? What is your motive to say things like this ? Obviously its not dead and far from.

dead from a miner sense....ltc to btc was as low as 0.00380 or some such ..now it is at 0.00407...its like no one sent LTC
the memo that the other alts got Sad

maybe LTC in its 'hitched' to BTC price etc when BTC was sideways was acting like bonds...a 'safe haven' with BTC price iffy
and the speculation use it has.

But maybe with all the miners hitting pow scrypt (big miners mine daily and cash out for tax/accounting purposes) all just cashing
out ltc to btc on the rise...well hell ...maybe I should just be glad the  ratio is kinda going sideways and not down more...

Anyway acting like a Savings bond ..in consumer purchasing ....like the currenty wall street rise to 20k...ie ...ignored sitting by
itself on the sidewalk.

(I'm using shapeshift.io LTC to BTC xfer rate for the 0.00407 ratio figure.....)

But generally confused on all crypto now (monero and dash pump...btc pump.....current transaction time moving btc to coinbase more then 2 hrs still unconfirmed...(yeah
did the usual standard fee so this should not have been an issue) ..ltc acting all bi-polar and weird.....

sheesh...fun times Smiley

But getting tired from the Mining point of view of LTC acting like a maiden aunt who lives in the attic...can't get rid of her..same with LTC  or my scrypt machines...

stuck pondering an looking at navel. Sad

LMFAO man that's a good one, Aunty who always knows best even though how wrong she might be at times Cheesy

its just weird ..it is almost again like LTC is acting like some kinda safe haven if BTC tanks or goes sideways..My bet is that LTC will come back up to 0.005 or hopefully 0.006
ltc to btc ratio wise (ie 5 and 6 buck ltc) when/if BTC finds a floor in price...IF BTC evens out say at a floor of 1100 usd...and given a couple weeks...if LTC is acting like
that kinda hedge.then maybe not such a big deal

If I'm wrong it will really tank on sideways and I will have to re-think my schedule on moving LTC to BTC how much and when Sad

Is that because nobody is pumping it?
It could be, many users including me who become passive users, simply purchase and never more in active trading. May need something new from a developer in order to arouse more passion to own these coins.

Yes we need some development in order to make price more healthy, right now LTC is always same position due to many people are not pumping the coin, even bitcoin price increases the effect will not show in LTC for sure.
copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
January 06, 2017, 01:54:16 AM
https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/hashrate-ltc.html

LTC hash rate is currently at an all time high.

Most mine ltc to btc so with btc dump this may slow. Er.   Maybe?

Can you please provide some evidence to support your statement?

If the assumption holds that most big miners and such are mining LTC to BTC as an end result...

(who knows...me nada...I at one time drank the BFL kool aid) Smiley

Just saying
Activity: 1022
January 06, 2017, 12:54:51 AM
IF LTC(litecoin) is dead, why does the price was in still in 0.004 satoshi, and that price for an altcoin like that is not a joke. Well I think it has no future at all but I'm not sure about it. One thing for sure is Litecoin is still existing not dead.
Activity: 728
January 05, 2017, 03:31:47 PM

Can you please provide some evidence to support your statement?
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018
January 05, 2017, 02:44:24 PM
The marketcap still is more than $200 million, it can't be dead. It also still have a high trading volume which is almost  $20 million. I'm not a litecoin fan but its value also rise lately.
copper member
Clueless!
January 05, 2017, 12:19:22 PM

Activity: 129
Merit: 100
January 05, 2017, 12:05:48 PM

legendary
Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005
January 05, 2017, 11:42:39 AM
Lol everyone likes to say this coins dead and that coins dead. Meanwhile they dont really know what they talking about.
What is the point ? What is your motive to say things like this ? Obviously its not dead and far from.

dead from a miner sense....ltc to btc was as low as 0.00380 or some such ..now it is at 0.00407...its like no one sent LTC

maybe LTC in its 'hitched' to BTC price etc when BTC was sideways was acting like bonds...a 'safe haven' with BTC price iffy

But maybe with all the miners hitting pow scrypt (big miners mine daily and cash out for tax/accounting purposes) all just cashing
out ltc to btc on the rise...well hell ...maybe I should just be glad the  ratio is kinda going sideways and not down more...

Anyway acting like a Savings bond ..in consumer purchasing ....like the currenty wall street rise to 20k...ie ...ignored sitting by
itself on the sidewalk.

(I'm using shapeshift.io LTC to BTC xfer rate for the 0.00407 ratio figure.....)

But generally confused on all crypto now (monero and dash pump...btc pump.....current transaction time moving btc to coinbase more then 2 hrs still unconfirmed...(yeah
did the usual standard fee so this should not have been an issue) ..ltc acting all bi-polar and weird.....

But getting tired from the Mining point of view of LTC acting like a maiden aunt who lives in the attic...can't get rid of her..same with LTC  or my scrypt machines...

LMFAO man that's a good one, Aunty who always knows best even though how wrong she might be at times Cheesy

its just weird ..it is almost again like LTC is acting like some kinda safe haven if BTC tanks or goes sideways..My bet is that LTC will come back up to 0.005 or hopefully 0.006
ltc to btc ratio wise (ie 5 and 6 buck ltc) when/if BTC finds a floor in price...IF BTC evens out say at a floor of 1100 usd...and given a couple weeks...if LTC is acting like

If I'm wrong it will really tank on sideways and I will have to re-think my schedule on moving LTC to BTC how much and when Sad

It could be, many users including me who become passive users, simply purchase and never more in active trading. May need something new from a developer in order to arouse more passion to own these coins.

Thats a good thought. It takes people actively selling/buying/using the coin to keep it moving, to keep it looking alive. Im one who buys and rarely sells - more passive as Im horrible at day trading. At this point in crypto, most all coins add more and more coins to the pool by the day (inflating) and therefor need a steady flow of new capital to keep the price up/increasing. One way to keep it flowing is to be the newest exciting coin on the market or to add new features to an old coin. Once use becomes more mainstream this need will be more automatic and demand will push things rather than "flashy extras". Im holding until that point and until then things could get pretty rocky but Im not so worried.
copper member
Clueless!
January 05, 2017, 06:47:47 AM

itself on the sidewalk.

yeah...imho ...more 'exciting coins' with more return for the speculative silver to btc gold set that LTC used to own..Also everyone and his brother is getting scrypt
pow miners and mining LTC to BTC directly...the big data halls cash out each day or move such to btc and cash out each day

imho it is all LTC can do just to tread water...ie ..price is sideways or slow to rise to btc due to lack of $$ with other alts and rest going to BTC pump (traditional ltc
to btc linkage on price shot now at 0.00407 or some such silly number)

so difficulty is spiking for pow scrypt and LTC....esp....I mean do the math a pow scrypt is way better then btc miners now for all including large data halls
dumping coin...high difficulty...the lack imho of PR for Litecoin to make it competitive with other alts...price is flat....

my fear is BTC goes sideways or correct down to say 900 or so...wtf....LTC will dump to 3.20 usd and probably 0.00200 or some such LTC to BTC
its looking pretty bad imho ...something needs to be done...a prefect storm of keeping price and ltc to btc ratio down Sad

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
January 05, 2017, 06:30:46 AM

itself on the sidewalk.

Pages:
Jump to: