Pages:
Author

Topic: Litecoin is officially dead - page 94. (Read 290699 times)

copper member
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464
Clueless!
September 11, 2015, 07:27:40 AM
Litecoin is hitting new lows since the huge pump.
It will go below 0.01 btc soon.

The price is still higher than $1. as long as it has active development, it will survive.
yes litecoin will down
but Litecoin is Long term altcoin investmen Smiley
just buy and hold for 3-4month you will never lose anything , because litecoin will be up again

If there is no improvement in LTC, the price will not rise.

With me it is the yoshi like following of LTC to the Mario of BTC curently around 0.01240 ltc to btc.....that has been stable as heck..there is a train of thought
with all the BTC dev FUD and block size and other drama ...that trading for coin or mining for coin btc or ltc that now is the time...to hoard and wait.....and just before the halving
of bitcoin in August 2016...would be the time to dump say LTC to BTC and/or do whatever with whatever coin you'd accumulated Smiley

anyway what the hoarders 'say' and some traders

so anyway as long as this ratio is OK....I use LTC I mine to BTC ..it is just gonna be 'when' I pull the trigger on 'most' of the LTC I have for that purpose

then again if BTC is going the way of 'beanie babies or LTC well I'll have a lot of coin...and that is much more handy to have and take to the retirement home
many years from now then cats Smiley (just saying) Smiley if it all goes 'beanie baby' or 'tulips' as some wags say (good to have a plan) Smiley

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 11, 2015, 06:44:13 AM

The price is still higher than $1. as long as it has active development, it will survive.
yes litecoin will down
just buy and hold for 3-4month you will never lose anything , because litecoin will be up again

If there is no improvement in LTC, the price will not rise.
Activity: 835
Merit: 1000
There is NO Freedom without Privacy
September 04, 2015, 11:24:17 PM
I don't think we will see much of a decline in the network hash-rate as most of the miners already have sunk cost in their equipment and the amount of network hash is around the same as it was when litecoin was around the $1.50 mark. So even taking the halving into consideration, at $3.00 miners are making the same profit as they were before at $1.50. Also, as pointed out by others, a declining price might cut into profitability by they might not actually go into the negative until it goes a lot lower.

For instance, say at $3.00 a miner is making a hypothetical $100/day profit after electricity it could drop to $2.00 and they might still be making $50/day. Profit is profit.

I also think that some miners will mine at a slight loss for awhile as well, since history has shown that oftentimes when the price gets down to unprofitable levels, it soon shoots back up. So if you have a big operation going, it might be better to let it run a month or two at a "on paper" loss, say LTC drops to $1.00, but then it bounces back to $2.50 or so again. Profit is determined when they sell their litecoins, not necessarily what the price is on the day you mine it.

It never makes sense to mine at a loss. It would be better to shut the miners off and buy LTC using the money saved on electricity--you are getting a better price. Why would you pay $3.00 for LTC via mining when you can buy it for $2.68?

Speaking of which, I shut off 3 A2 Terminators today as the new difficulty combined with continued price erosion made them unprofitable. WTF is up with the hash-rate increase? That makes no sense at all to me.

Say you negotiated with your local utility to purchase so much electricity over say a 6 month period to obtain a better cost. Maybe your cash flow is tied up so you can't just buy a bunch of LTC the moment the price cross over occurs, many reasons they might continue on, as I said for a short period of time. No different that oil rig operators or even physical metals miners, they have been known to run a "paper loss" for periods of time on the expectation the downtrend is temporary.
Not longterm, if the price drops below break even they turn off rigs and shut down mines. They don't run at a loss hoping to sell at a higher price. Mining only makes sense if cost of production is less than market price, doesn't matter if the commodity is oil, gold, or Bitcoin.
If you are mining at a small loss to support the coin and help secure the blockchain while increasing your holdings that would be the only logical reason I can think of to mine at a loss. That and denial about never reaching ROI on your mining equipment...I did that for a few months with my gridseeds   Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
September 04, 2015, 11:16:58 PM
I don't think we will see much of a decline in the network hash-rate as most of the miners already have sunk cost in their equipment and the amount of network hash is around the same as it was when litecoin was around the $1.50 mark. So even taking the halving into consideration, at $3.00 miners are making the same profit as they were before at $1.50. Also, as pointed out by others, a declining price might cut into profitability by they might not actually go into the negative until it goes a lot lower.

For instance, say at $3.00 a miner is making a hypothetical $100/day profit after electricity it could drop to $2.00 and they might still be making $50/day. Profit is profit.

I also think that some miners will mine at a slight loss for awhile as well, since history has shown that oftentimes when the price gets down to unprofitable levels, it soon shoots back up. So if you have a big operation going, it might be better to let it run a month or two at a "on paper" loss, say LTC drops to $1.00, but then it bounces back to $2.50 or so again. Profit is determined when they sell their litecoins, not necessarily what the price is on the day you mine it.

It never makes sense to mine at a loss. It would be better to shut the miners off and buy LTC using the money saved on electricity--you are getting a better price. Why would you pay $3.00 for LTC via mining when you can buy it for $2.68?

Speaking of which, I shut off 3 A2 Terminators today as the new difficulty combined with continued price erosion made them unprofitable. WTF is up with the hash-rate increase? That makes no sense at all to me.

Say you negotiated with your local utility to purchase so much electricity over say a 6 month period to obtain a better cost. Maybe your cash flow is tied up so you can't just buy a bunch of LTC the moment the price cross over occurs, many reasons they might continue on, as I said for a short period of time. No different that oil rig operators or even physical metals miners, they have been known to run a "paper loss" for periods of time on the expectation the downtrend is temporary.
Activity: 644
Merit: 509
September 04, 2015, 07:30:30 PM

yes litecoin will down
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 04, 2015, 07:27:41 PM

legendary
Activity: 1134
September 04, 2015, 02:25:20 AM
I think that with that price litecoin was dead since the beginning. That value don't worth its work to be produced. I didn't like never nor litecoin and not the other coins the most of those are products of developers to make money and which die e few time after their born. The only real coin is bitcoin.
Activity: 812
Litecoin Association Director
September 04, 2015, 12:40:53 AM
Since people are using LTC, it isn't dead. It value might have decreased, but that doesn't mean it is dead.
Yes it is not fair to call it dead when people still have faith in it.

People love to throw around the "dead" monkier for Litecoin in the same way Bitcoin has died multiple times now (Hey, did you know the CEO of Bitcoin went to jail recently guys?!?)  Roll Eyes.

I pretty much ignore these people. If someone reverts to strictly talking about price of something as the only metric of measuring how dead a coin is they have little insight in how the crypto eco-system works and assumes that money is the only motivating factor. Now dont get me wrong, it is a major driving factor, but not the only one.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
September 03, 2015, 06:46:54 PM
Since people are using LTC, it isn't dead. It value might have decreased, but that doesn't mean it is dead.
Yes it is not fair to call it dead when people still have faith in it.
Activity: 924
Lick me like a lolipop
September 03, 2015, 03:12:25 PM
I just bought 300 ltc today. hope it was a good choice. I think soon people will see how the halving affect coins like ltc and price will soar.
Activity: 195
Merit: 100
★YoBit.Net★ 200+ Coins Exchange & Dice
September 03, 2015, 12:50:13 PM
really? or you should go home because you drunk?
tell me more reason to prove that.
legendary
Activity: 1120
September 03, 2015, 12:14:22 PM
Litecoin will be up if bitcoin price up ?

Litecoin's future depends on Bitcoin's future. If BTC survives, LTC survives too, moreover, LTC has the potential to overshoot BTC's growth percentage-wise, of course not in nominal terms.

but yesterday Litecoin fail after reach 9$ and bitcoin up to 300$
legendary
Activity: 1020
September 03, 2015, 11:20:11 AM

Litecoin's future depends on Bitcoin's future. If BTC survives, LTC survives too, moreover, LTC has the potential to overshoot BTC's growth percentage-wise, of course not in nominal terms.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
September 03, 2015, 11:19:34 AM
Litecoin is far from dead (I think) It's been an old crypto ever since Bitcoin was made. I do think that maybe Litecoin's price might increase up to $10+ That's why I'm holding them. It's a coin that I would never spend unless I'm satisfied with its price.  Smiley
legendary
September 03, 2015, 11:09:34 AM
legendary
Activity: 1344
September 03, 2015, 11:01:47 AM
Activity: 260
Merit: 100
September 03, 2015, 10:44:24 AM

Speaking of which, I shut off 3 A2 Terminators today as the new difficulty combined with continued price erosion made them unprofitable. WTF is up with the hashrate increase? That makes no sense at all to me.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World
August 31, 2015, 02:52:08 AM
i think litecoin is still not dead...  it is following bitcoin steps...
and it will still stay long...
although it costs now a little than before.

yes now only one thing remains for ltc to follow btc in price halving is passed and that over for now.
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
Crypto.games
August 31, 2015, 01:23:03 AM
i think litecoin is still not dead...  it is following bitcoin steps...
and it will still stay long...
although it costs now a little than before.
legendary
August 30, 2015, 10:45:41 PM
time to BUMP !! for litecoin

Why? There's no significant move both upwards or downwards. It's still at the same price after block halving.

i see bitcoin price up and may be litecoin going to up again

any chamce litecoin comeback to 55CNY /LTC ?

55 CNY= $ 8.60
[im g]https://i.imgur.com/RzdVIWQ.png[/img]
hemm waiting bitcoin price up to 300$ and litecoin up too
Pages:
Jump to: