Pages:
Author

Topic: (LKK) LYKKE speculation - page 4. (Read 9020 times)

legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
May 21, 2017, 01:24:30 PM

Can people in the US use the Lykke wallet yet? I D/L'd the app, but it told me that if I lived in the US I could not use it yet? Has theat been fixed, and is there any way to invest in Lykke right now (For USAans) ahead of the wallet?

Unfortunately it's not possible for US-citizen yet to use the App. Reason is that Lykke is in regulatory processes in the USA. Once Lykke has received all needed approvals that will change of course. Lykke has a team in the USA and they give their best to get it through as fast as possible.

You already have a date about the approval of lykke in U.S.A. ?

No ETA yet, but also because it won't be about the whole USA at once. And it's a really complicated procedure I also don't have deep enough knowledge about.

Some words about how it's done:

1) It's about single states. Some states are easier and will be faster, others are harder.

2) It's about different kinds of licenses

3) It's also about different kinds of possibilities (access to products/client experience).

For the practice that means: One can think of the whole process as a roll-out over time. Citizens of the easier states will get access to Lykke earlier, those in the hardest states will have to wait longer. And there will also be differences about user experience. Some things that will be possible in the EU for example may be blocked first for US-citzen and enabled step-by-step over time.

But Lykke makes good progress and the man who leads it, Michael Klena, has a lot of experience. I believe that first results will realize this summer.

Thanks for the response and the commitment you have had so far in this project. I followed it from the beginning and bought lykke at $ 0.04 last summer, and I think opening in America is crucial to make it grow even faster and deep!

According to your prediction, where do you see lykke in late summer and late 2017?
20,000 and 60,000 satoshi is realistic?

I agree with tempus that it's hard to give predictions especially in BTC prices. If you take the past ICO price (it was around 8k sats) it hasn't moved that much, especially compared to other assets which actually pumped 4 or 5x (let alone in fiat terms). So I think that while the fiat pair can continue to rise as long as Lykke gets to be more well known and developed, the BTC pair is not so clear, I've seen LKK both gain on BTC rises and the other way around.

I think Lykke is a much more stable investment compared to other projects, it's not only about token/platform usage speculation, investors are getting actual true equity in the company, something quite unique in this space. Things like offices, licenses, revenue and other assets all matter while estimating the true value of Lykke as a company.

In terms of outlandish predictions or wishful thinking, someone on Reddit mentioned recently that "One day Lykke might be the stock exchange of the world. Maybe not, but maybe".

Grin
Activity: 448
Merit: 251
May 21, 2017, 12:51:08 PM
I'm planning to buy another 150k lkk1y, but i am waiting for the opportunity to sell a large chunk of XRP for that.
So lykke must not rise to hard to soon. Wink at least wait fot XRP to rise around $.75
Activity: 1022
Merit: 391
May 21, 2017, 12:31:14 PM
Thank you so much, Mr. Tempus.
You are really exhaustive, detailed and convincing

I keep my lykke for a long long time.   Wink
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
May 21, 2017, 12:11:15 PM
Thorough and well spoken Tempus. To me, Lykke is the only long term investment available at the moment which I would consider an excellent buy at 4X the ICO price. It has extreme market potential, works very well in terms of doing trades although lacking in some respects as of yet (such as a proper trading interface, limit orders being the most sorely missed).

I do not think that LKK should at any stage go on Poloniex, Kraken or any other centralised exchange of the simple reason that they are prone to attacks. Since LKK is a token that represents shares, it could potentially become a problem for the company or the rest of the coinholders if a lot are stolen, lost or somehow otherwise compromised.
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128
May 21, 2017, 11:27:53 AM

Can people in the US use the Lykke wallet yet? I D/L'd the app, but it told me that if I lived in the US I could not use it yet? Has theat been fixed, and is there any way to invest in Lykke right now (For USAans) ahead of the wallet?

Unfortunately it's not possible for US-citizen yet to use the App. Reason is that Lykke is in regulatory processes in the USA. Once Lykke has received all needed approvals that will change of course. Lykke has a team in the USA and they give their best to get it through as fast as possible.

No ETA yet, but also because it won't be about the whole USA at once. And it's a really complicated procedure I also don't have deep enough knowledge about.

1) It's about single states. Some states are easier and will be faster, others are harder.

3) It's also about different kinds of possibilities (access to products/client experience).

For the practice that means: One can think of the whole process as a roll-out over time. Citizens of the easier states will get access to Lykke earlier, those in the hardest states will have to wait longer. And there will also be differences about user experience. Some things that will be possible in the EU for example may be blocked first for US-citzen and enabled step-by-step over time.

But Lykke makes good progress and the man who leads it, Michael Klena, has a lot of experience. I believe that first results will realize this summer.

Thanks for the response and the commitment you have had so far in this project. I followed it from the beginning and bought lykke at $ 0.04 last summer, and I think opening in America is crucial to make it grow even faster and deep!

According to your prediction, where do you see lykke in late summer and late 2017?

I don't think that much in fix prices but more in dynamics and price-potential. To make it more tangible:

If one does really good research about a project, in this case Lykke, it becomes possible to write down strength, weaknesses and risks. If I do that with Lykke, the strength-list is really impressive. If we look on the next month and ask what is likely to have positive impact on the price it's in my opinion

1) if there should be significant user-growth it's likely to already have some effect.
2) if there will be "messages", indicators of future potential (sometimes what is called hype-material - more psychological impact).

And if we think about the development status right now it's still base-building and not that much "hype-material", but it't also likely to attract more users: Offchainsettlement, Ethereum-integration will be next and should come soon. And all progress on the regulatory front will also attract more users because the door to Lykke becomes more open.

What I expect to be "hype-material", that it will not only lead to more attention on Lykke but also change the picture of Lykke more into "wow, now I get that Lykke is about much more" will be the web-based-terminal. I don't know when it will come but I expect it to have impact.

If we look at weaknesses:

1) Some say that Lykke doesn't do enough marketing.
2) LKK is only on Lykke, not on other exchanges yet.
3) Development delays

First about marketing: It's true that Lykke is still pretty unknown and under the radar and it's also true that Lykke doesn't do much marketing yet. But: Exactly that is potential what becomes clear if we think about a potential alternative: Imagine that Lykke would spend a lot of money to do big marketing. 1) It would considered as hype. 2) Maybe it wouldn't even have the wanted effect for now because at the current stage it's not that attractive for a majority yet. What I expect and what Lykke is about: An increasing tendency - also regarding marketing. Once the base-building is done and once Lykke becomes fully functional and accessible for more and more people (because of regulatory approvals) and starts to do crowdfundings for other projects, begins to list the significant Cryptos and projects etc. it will have marketing effect even without pushing/hyping it hard.

If LKK would be on other exchanges it would have marketing effect, especially on bigger exchanges like Poloniex or Kraken etc. I don't know if that will come soon. But it's not necessarily bad if LKK is only on Lykke first, simply because it ensures a more stable growth, also because it more attracts Investors instead of "In-and-Out-Traders". The price becomes more reliable and a better reflection how Lykke is seen and valued. At the same time: The potential still stays - not being on other exchanges is the potential to hit other exchanges once ready.

Development delays are not nice for sure but a common reality for complex projects and it needs quality. As long as they deliver quality and improve everything what may not be as perfect as possible, I see no problem.

If we look at risks:

In a lot of projects the teams itself are the major risks because there are many scammers and even more teams that find out that they are overwhelmed and/or run out of funds etc. The team behind Lykke is absolutely reliable. Nobody is perfect but there is no doubt about their honesty and professionalism and abilities - and whenever there may be a lack on whatever front they hire somebody to close a gab.

But: One risk is always the technology itself. Offchain-settlement for example is a hard thing to do, very complex. That's why they are testing and testing and testing. At the same time there are projects out there, like Factom for example, who still had to face problems after going life and after extensive testing for months.

Another risk may be the financial side because Lykke is expensive. Not speaking about price and marketcap but about the goals. Lykke needs manpower and especially regulations are damn expensive. But again, they know what they are doing. Richard Olsen is a man with huge experience and there are many others as well - Sergey Ivliev (won a prize for best Risk Manager) for example but also others.

The number 1-risk in my opinion is security. It would be a huge set-back if something would happen on that front.

And my way of thinking about it all, as a conclusion is:

Risks are risks. If a worst case scenario should realize and it's never possible to totally exclude that (in no project, no Investment at all), it would have impact for sure. At the same time the team behind this won't give up.

Interesting are the weaknesses because I see it all as potential. And the Lykke-strengths are even pure potential in a lot of ways: A very attractive usecase that will become more and more attractive over time what will lead into increasing natural growth (already happens). And over time it will also be possible to make more marketing because even if offchain-settlement is absolutely important, it won't get the attention like web-based-terminal, debit-card, business deals etc. It's simply not such an eye-catcher, unlikely to produce headlines.

In very short words: If no risk-scenario realizes the price of LKK is very likely to increase and maybe even to hype. It's not possible to predict the "when" or "how high", but if we compare Lykke with some projects that are in fact only smart contracts on Ethereum but very high valued: Once people begin to understand that Lykke can do all such things and more, including becoming a prediction market etc., they may rethink what should have a higher value.

This was the try to outline my personal view and of course I'm biased because I work for Lykke. But I work for them because I see what I see, not the other way around. ;-)
May 21, 2017, 09:49:14 AM

legendary
May 21, 2017, 06:38:05 AM

May 20, 2017, 06:12:01 PM

legendary
Activity: 1568
May 20, 2017, 09:26:51 AM
I'm about to buy BTC on Lykke for some coin trades on different exchanges, but the spreads are horrendous! Could someone sell their BTC there please? It's an excellent time to sell!

To be fair, spreads on Bitcoin have been crazy in many exchanges, especially after this whole Bitfinex USDT debacle in recent weeks. There were some arbitrage opportunities for sure but the way Bitcoin blockchain has been working lately (delays for up to almost 15 hours...) it's very very risky if you ask me unless you have funds in a lot of exchanges.
legendary
May 18, 2017, 12:28:15 PM
Altcoinbonanza on reddit has made a great video about Lykke, also good to get a first overview/explanation:

Lykke is one of my favorite long term investments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmw2hc8FD5I&feature=share
May 18, 2017, 09:15:03 AM
I'm about to buy BTC on Lykke for some coin trades on different exchanges, but the spreads are horrendous! Could someone sell their BTC there please? It's an excellent time to sell!
May 18, 2017, 05:47:52 AM
picking up some pace, passed €0,18 now..
don't miss out on the huge opportunity !
May 17, 2017, 09:23:04 AM
Lykke is keeping it slow and steady!
today we passed $0,17 for the first time

Nope, that has happened regularily for a while. Smiley

yeah it touched it a couple times, but i think now we see for the first time a strong rise above the 0,17
May 17, 2017, 09:02:35 AM

Nope, that has happened regularily for a while. Smiley
May 17, 2017, 08:36:19 AM
May 15, 2017, 10:23:15 AM
Lykke CBDO will attend the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum

Published in News

May, 15
In response to an invite from officials within the Russian government, Chief Business Development Officer, Demetrios Zamboglou will represent Lykke, a Swiss-based financial technology firm, by attending the St. Petersburg International Economic Forum (SPIEF), held under the auspices of incumbent Russian President Vladimir Putin, between 1st-3rd June 2017.

Mr. Zamboglou is a Cypriot-born financier with over a decade’s financial services experience, obtained in the City of London. Mr. Zamboglou will leverage his attendance at SPIEF (in some quarters being referred to as “Russia’s Davos”), to engage in direct communication with high-ranking Russian representatives from Russia’s elite political and financial communities — discussing technological advances in finance, the role of blockchain and the future of alternative finance.

Lykke is here to stay people! get on board
legendary
Activity: 1232
May 13, 2017, 03:10:24 AM
Lykke is to me one of the best investments these days. Their decentralised-centralised exchange system has enormous utility in the foreign exchange markets. Way more secure, time and cost effective for people and companies dealing with massive international transactions.

I can't believe that on google play, their app is only listed with 1000+ downloads.

There is a LOT of upside potential here, although the $0.05 USD buys might be history.

They are still under the radar, so a perfect time to get some coins..I bought at $0,04 but i believe in this coin to reach a minimum of $100 when its really starts getting adopted. Its just a great thing to have a decentralized exchange with zero commissions. 100% save

There are 1 200 000 000 LKK coins (1,2 Bn). as said, one LKK represents ownership of the Lykke corporation.

If LKK price reaches 100$, it means Lykke Corp is valued at 100 x 1,2Bn = 102 Billion $. As a comparison, Amazon Inc is valued at 404 Billion $, Google at 600 Billion $. Don't know if it's reachable / realistic but have to keep those numbers in mind when speculating Wink.

Compare it to XRP and STR they also hold 66% and 95% of the coins. Taking into account total supply XRP it almost overtook Bitcoin in market cap last spike...
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
May 12, 2017, 10:47:15 AM
Lykke has great potential will definitely get in...waiting for some retracement before buying. Really like the concept and have used it, fast efficient and easy way to buy bitcoin.
legendary
May 12, 2017, 10:40:35 AM
Lykke is the best exchange i have used so far for buying and selling coins. Zero fees and customer support is top notch! All we need now is limit orders and it will be perfect.  Smiley

Great to hear that! Smiley

Offchain-settlement should be released soon, limit orders should be possible then. Ethereum-integration is also pretty much finished and expected soon. 
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
May 12, 2017, 10:31:35 AM
Lykke is the best exchange i have used so far for buying and selling coins. Zero fees and customer support is top notch! All we need now is limit orders and it will be perfect.  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: