Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term vs. short term investing - page 10. (Read 2243 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 250
March 31, 2018, 10:29:50 AM
In my opinion, always the long term investment is more profitable than short term. For example holding Bitcoin for some years already helped so many people to change their lives, and some oldest holders become richs just because they bought BTC with cheapest rates, and hold their coins for years until the price go up to $20k almost, a few months ago.
Activity: 672
Merit: 12
March 31, 2018, 10:27:57 AM
Long term investment may range from months to years but short term investment means intra day transactions or investment for few days only. 
Small investors not having enough knowledge about crypto market must stay away from short term investments.  But they may opt for long term investments after primary study about the market.  Deep study experience though required for short term transactions.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
March 31, 2018, 10:21:06 AM
At the moment I have made 3 long-term investments in the bioktoin, the etherium and rajpll, which from this in the next 1-2 years will go up at the price I will sell, the rest will continue to hold, and at a near distraction I trade when I know that soon there will be news related with this coin
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
March 31, 2018, 10:17:48 AM
In terms of short term and long term investing, it is better if you will put more money in short term rather than long term because short term can give you best profits because you can sell at the peaks while at being long term investor you cannot get the best profits because you might lose some money over the time like you bought bitcoin at the price of 8,000 USD and then you hold it for long term and now you are back at the price of lower than your original bought price so you took a loss.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
March 31, 2018, 03:25:54 AM
it depends on the needs of investors
.....if you want short term profits then take altcoins
.....if you want long term benefits then take bitcoins... bitcoins for long term investment source will reduce the chance to loss in it...
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
March 31, 2018, 02:12:40 AM
Hello my dear Bitcoin brothers.

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.

For me, Long term investing is good. It helps me a lot and I profit a lot when the bitcoin value goes up to the 20,000$ mark. Less hassle in long term investing but just invest only a small amount because bitcoin is unpredictable, it's value may go up or down.
Long term is much better than in short term, because you can earn good amount of profit in long term.  You don't worry if you choose long term and not so risk unlike in short term. Because we believe that the price of btc on the future will increase more.
Activity: 102
March 30, 2018, 03:31:09 PM
I like short-term because it make me rich after some trade Cheesy
Activity: 350
March 30, 2018, 03:28:56 PM
Hello my dear Bitcoin brothers.

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.

Trading will be always the best way to earn profit because holding your coins for a very long time will not ensure you to earn profit due to the volatility of the market and trading will make you earn profit monthly or daily depending on how hard you work.
Activity: 356
Merit: 12
March 30, 2018, 03:25:55 PM
the short term can make you a good profit if you are a good tader, I managed to make some good moves, but it was money that I immediately reinvested in long term projects. so personally I am in this business for the long term
Activity: 101
March 30, 2018, 03:22:54 PM
Now is time to buy:D
Long or short don't important
Activity: 313
Merit: 1
March 30, 2018, 03:20:27 PM
If you want to make quick profits, short term investments are your choice. But the consequences must be careful market price movements from time to time.

But if you are confident and expect Bitcoin to increase in value by up to hundred percent of the price when you buy, then holding Bitcoin for the long term is your choice.

However, there are also traders who apply long term and short term together. The picture is like this, for example you play long term in Bitcoin, the same time you take a short stance in Altcoin. And as always, when Altcoin is sufficient to buy a small amount of Bitcoin, switch to add your assets in bitcoin.

And I think, implementing both investment strategies simultaneously is the right choice.
Activity: 154
March 30, 2018, 03:09:56 PM
Investing money on short term isn't profitable enough and when i see what happening with crypto nowadays i can be sure that better to buy some coins and just wait for better times.
Activity: 336
March 30, 2018, 02:59:40 PM
Its depend on you. Depend on taking the mentality of risk. If you don’t interested to take too much risk you can invest small amount. Because we know Big investment means big risk same as big investment also big success. Another way if you interested to take small risk you can invest small amount. Small investment help to take minimize the risk cause of low investment. So choice is yours. If you interested to take the risk of medium you can also invest medium.
So before invest on it research the market and take the step what will be perfect for you. If it’s your first investment I recommend you to invest small amount or medium about. After experience you can invest big one. And its encourage you to invest more.
Activity: 588
Merit: 256
March 30, 2018, 11:33:55 AM
Short-term trading requires a mature strategy and special skills to target earnings that can be earned on a daily basis. even short-term trading types spend too much time tracking market price movements if they want to always make a profit. different from the long term investment type, we can only buy at the lowest price and sell it at a much higher price to get the abundant profits.
Activity: 280
Merit: 108
March 29, 2018, 02:09:20 PM
Daily trading is more related to chance. I prefer holding for long time, the profit is more guaranteed.
Activity: 688
Merit: 500
March 29, 2018, 01:47:45 PM
Short term trading like day trading is just like gambling, if you win you win big and if you lose you lose big.  Investors mostly go for long-term tradiing as there is less risk involved in it, though market takes many bumps over a period of time. The main thing is you must not lose the patience just HODL. If you have strong nerves and can withstand tough times, the market is for you.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
March 29, 2018, 01:42:36 PM
In my opinion the short term investment is giving you hope for the good profit but in the long term the investment will give you sure profit and in the present time the crypto investment is very good i have personally invested in bitcoin in the last month of the last year and that time bitcoin were at peak due to which i received a good amount of money so i trying to make sure that now the altcoin market is also good and it is important for the altcoin to stay for the long term.
Activity: 322
Merit: 103
March 29, 2018, 01:40:02 PM
long term investing will put you at ease because usually one's who have done this had fully studied what they are looking for and they are familiar with the potential of the market and how will it perform in long  term basis, in short term this usually is stressful for you will monitor the fluctuations of the market each interval so its need proper techniques and skills to profit but if done correctly the income may be greater than the long term but its more expose to risk and commiting errors is more often because you trade it more than the longterm plan.
Activity: 179
Merit: 1
March 29, 2018, 01:34:24 PM

I think every trader has their own character, it is formed when it has a high hour in the trade, and it seems that when judging in terms of profit, both have enough profit, return to the trader character itself, because basically the character can not be changed, and that could make trading broken.

So I think look at what is your own character what is intraday or swing trading, both of which have the same value in my opinion.

I really believe that long term is very good than short term because in long term we don't need need to check the market price daily.
Activity: 784
Merit: 314
March 29, 2018, 01:25:16 PM

I think every trader has their own character, it is formed when it has a high hour in the trade, and it seems that when judging in terms of profit, both have enough profit, return to the trader character itself, because basically the character can not be changed, and that could make trading broken.

So I think look at what is your own character what is intraday or swing trading, both of which have the same value in my opinion.
Pages:
Jump to: