Pages:
Author

Topic: Long term vs. short term investing - page 5. (Read 2243 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 250
April 18, 2018, 10:27:48 AM
It is reasonable to have different investment. How long and short. At the same time need to develop their investments in coins.
we can really make big profit on both but i guess i must go to long term investment in holding know why because i think it for the future when you hold in long term, but you can do both and you can really earn money on both so i guess for you to develop things you should learn things first.
Long-term investment is the one that you plan to hold for more than a year or several years-to be exact, whereas short-term investment is when you hold it for a year or less. It totally differs in terms of expectations, satisfying different goals, and carrying different risks. But if you just let yourself be aware, and familiarize its nature then I guess the risk and frustration will be minimized and alleviated.
Activity: 311
Merit: 10
April 18, 2018, 10:10:14 AM
In short term investing one is supposed to take quick actions according to the situation and since I am working for a full time job it is not possible for me so I go with long term investing as I can give enough time for research and invest as per the research without doing much care about the current situation. I always appreciate the long-term investment. Because long-term investment is more profitable than short-term investment. Short-term investment is also profitable if you can invest a huge money
You should have clear goals in mind. Even if you are most interested in short-term investments, you should set aside a portion of your money for long-term investments. Long term is for people who are not familar for trading and have no problem with holding their bitcoins for a longer period of time. Short term is more risky and my opinion and I would avoid it if I were new to trading
Activity: 294
April 18, 2018, 10:00:33 AM
I am completely agree with this that every investment either it is short term or long term, has its own pros and cons but still I believe in long term investment and finds it trust worthy, though the process of getting profit is slow and even you have to wait for the years but the profit is confirmed and this is very important in every investment, I guess. Long-term or short-term investment, depending on the capital as well as the ability to see the market of each person. If your financial capacity is plentiful, you should invest long-term for BTC
Activity: 322
April 18, 2018, 10:00:09 AM
In short term investing one is supposed to take quick actions according to the situation and since I am working for a full time job it is not possible for me so I go with long term investing as I can give enough time for research and invest as per the research without doing much care about the current situation. I always appreciate the long-term investment. Because long-term investment is more profitable than short-term investment. Short-term investment is also profitable if you can invest a huge money
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat
April 18, 2018, 09:25:03 AM
It is reasonable to have different investment. How long and short. At the same time need to develop their investments in coins.
we can really make big profit on both but i guess i must go to long term investment in holding know why because i think it for the future when you hold in long term, but you can do both and you can really earn money on both so i guess for you to develop things you should learn things first.
Activity: 238
Merit: 112
April 18, 2018, 05:20:28 AM
As a long-term investment, I suggest you invest in some bitcoins, because bitcoin will not only be worth or future, but will have a better development. As more and more people demand, bitcoin prices will become higher and higher, but the bit The cost of coins is also very high. I think it is only suitable for long-term investment. For short-term investments, I suggest you buy some currencies that are cheap and where the prices go up and down. I kind of do both but due to recent BTC fall everything moved to long term HODL. If you 're comfortable with short term trades then go for it but it does mean good research and being able to read the trend lines on when to invest and when not to invest.
You may be right, but to bring positive thinking is not easy. Sometimes I feel anxious and hesitant with Bitcoin and crypto. I'm afraid that someday Bitcoin's price will go down drastically and never rise again. Today Ethereum has a price similar to Bitcoin in the past, and it reminds me of my past failures, and I will not repeat it again. I will invest in Ethereum soon and make most of it while I still can. I do not think the crypto will ever die, just like the opinions of the people who are here. I think crypto will become more popular and known to the whole world in the future. So that is all for my opinions.
Activity: 72
Merit: 0
April 18, 2018, 05:09:47 AM
I kind of do both but due to recent BTC fall everything moved to long term HODL. If you 're comfortable with short term trades then go for it but it does mean good research and being able to read the trend lines on when to invest and when not to invest.
Activity: 48
April 18, 2018, 05:04:12 AM
If we consider the future prospect of bitcoin in light with it's current position, demand, technological features and long term potential, certainly long term investment in bitcoin is better.But at the same time we can not deny the short term gain generated from bitcoin.
Activity: 82
April 18, 2018, 04:15:59 AM
As a long-term investment, I suggest you invest in some bitcoins, because bitcoin will not only be worth or future, but will have a better development. As more and more people demand, bitcoin prices will become higher and higher, but the bit The cost of coins is also very high. I think it is only suitable for long-term investment. For short-term investments, I suggest you buy some currencies that are cheap and where the prices go up and down.
Activity: 146
April 18, 2018, 04:01:58 AM
If you are a long-term investment, I think you should choose Bitcoin better. Because Bitcoin has the highest value and longest history, it is suitable for long-term investment. But for short-term investments, I suggest you invest in some relatively low-priced currencies.
Activity: 406
April 18, 2018, 03:56:17 AM
It is better to be a long time investor or the coin holder because as soon as the coin listed in an any exchange due to the heavy rewards on ICOs for Bounty and airdrops, people who gets free coins mainly dump them to get profit out of it. This will cause the price fall for few days when any coin get listed in an exchange, after a few days the price will pump and the raise of the coin starts.
The long time investor hold the coin until it reaches to the target percentage they set forth for the coin they invested in, and observe the raise of the coin and sell them at a price of profit. The short term investors will look for the day 1 profit (i.e. on the day of listing). If the price falls down, they get panic on the pricing and sell their coins at a loss. And the one who purchased at a lower price will get huge profit as the investors sell at a low price as per the price on earlier days of the listing.
Activity: 302
April 16, 2018, 09:24:09 AM
Long term is the lowest effort and easiest strategy to adopt and is based on the assumption that the price of bitcoin will see a rise in real-value over long-term time periods.  It depends mainly upon your choice. You may choose both, either to invest for short term or for long terms. But what you choose, I prefer short time investment. The main reason behind this is Bitcoin isn't permitted to many of the countries
Activity: 168
Merit: 11
April 16, 2018, 09:24:02 AM
I also changed from short term trading to long term holding cause when I chose short term trading, I had to spent to much time in a day in it so I just had little time to do other thing in a day so I changed to long term holding.  Even if we are most interested in short-term investments, we should set aside a portion of our money for long-term investments to protect us if we were to lose our money because of bad investment or might crash market
Activity: 130
April 16, 2018, 09:23:54 AM
I would suggest go for a long-term investment. Long-term investing simply means holding your coins for a long-time and not checking every 5 mins. on what's happening in the market. I thik long term and short term invest are both good to invest for me. If you want daily profit go to short term investment the trading they are too risky but daily profit. In long term you can invest in ICO
Activity: 189
April 16, 2018, 09:14:17 AM
it all depends on what you buy, if you just buy regular altcoin then be careful and choose short term only, but if bitcoin you buy then do long term
Activity: 910
Merit: 253
Hodlers Network
April 16, 2018, 09:01:02 AM
Actually it can be prior for individual basis some like long term and some people like short term.It is experienced that long term is most profitable as compare short term buy people are impatient and sell out in panic.
Short term in some coins is good and profitable so it is also necessary to choose coins wisely.
Activity: 392
April 16, 2018, 06:31:37 AM
Hello my dear Bitcoin brothers.

I would like to ask you about your experience with day/swing trading vs. long term investing and also,
what was more profitable for you and what are pros and cons for both ways of trading?

This question interests me since market is very volatile and it can get quite easy to exploit daily range for a quick small profit.

Thank you fellas.
I think that at the present time you should not invest long term in any coin, you can see that in the past is constantly fluctuating and difficult to predict, bitcoin and altcoin prices are constantly changing. In a very large market, the market is in the main bear market so if you make long-term investment you will be very big losses. At the present time you should only invest short and finish trading at the end of the day.
Activity: 252
April 15, 2018, 11:40:27 PM
People use different strategy to invest in a asset. Some people target to invest for a long period of time to achieve huge profit. But there is some people who wants to make profit shortly. I prefer first one.
Activity: 432
Merit: 100
April 15, 2018, 01:09:43 PM
For me, it depends on the situation and the person. We all know that bitcoin’s price is fluctuating too much and that is one of the great ways some people take the advantage to buy bitcoin at a low amount and sell to their effective rate. But regarding investing you need to calculate if you can afford on both sides its either long term or short term, but I will choose both sides, 50% of my money is into long-term that I will buy bitcoin at a low amount and wait for an 80-100% profit. Another 50% of funds go into short-term that I will, buy bitcoin whatever its amount and keep investing, but I will still make a profit even its 3-5% only. Smiley 
You have a very thorough investment strategy and I appreciate your strategy.
Few people can make an investment fund and strategies for their business. Most of the small traders are very lazy and they do not want to analyze too much. It made them headache and they disgusted it. You are one of the rare and I think you will succeed in the future.
Activity: 560
Merit: 107
April 15, 2018, 12:55:01 PM
For me, it depends on the situation and the person. We all know that bitcoin’s price is fluctuating too much and that is one of the great ways some people take the advantage to buy bitcoin at a low amount and sell to their effective rate. But regarding investing you need to calculate if you can afford on both sides its either long term or short term, but I will choose both sides, 50% of my money is into long-term that I will buy bitcoin at a low amount and wait for an 80-100% profit. Another 50% of funds go into short-term that I will, buy bitcoin whatever its amount and keep investing, but I will still make a profit even its 3-5% only. Smiley 
Pages:
Jump to: