Pages:
Author

Topic: Look at a pirate, eye to eye if you dare. - page 15. (Read 60653 times)

Activity: 206
Merit: 100
You guys are so ridiculous sometimes.

I've dared to looked at a pirate, eye to eye, and I can say that I'm happy that I did.

wait, what?

so pirate comes out with this public meeting, basically calling out the whole community.. if you dare, and all that

then only has shill-based confirmation (hardly any), and it's "you guys" that are being ridiculous?

Guys don't worry, when my ponzi scheme dies I'll pay those closest to me first.  Wink
Activity: 168

I've dared to looked at a pirate, eye to eye, and I can say that I'm happy that I did.

wait, what?

so pirate comes out with this public meeting, basically calling out the whole community.. if you dare, and all that

then only has shill-based confirmation (hardly any), and it's "you guys" that are being ridiculous?
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001
Some stuff from IRC: Goat seems to confirm, but Tuxavant says he did not appear yet.

Vandroiy, well I know he was saying he was going to show, but we've not met yet. he said he would contact several of us.. but nobody has seen him
(...)
Vandroiy, I know of at least two people he said he would contact at DC and has not.

I guess we'll know more soon, when DefCon ends and people talk about it.

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
Some stuff from IRC: Goat seems to confirm, but Tuxavant says he did not appear yet.

Vandroiy, well I know he was saying he was going to show, but we've not met yet. he said he would contact several of us.. but nobody has seen him
(...)
Vandroiy, I know of at least two people he said he would contact at DC and has not.

I guess we'll know more soon, when DefCon ends and people talk about it.
legendary
Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

maybe he was in some trouble   Roll Eyes

A German man sought in Europe for alleged participation in a fraudulent €81 million ($100 million) pyramid scheme has been arrested in the Las Vegas after five years on the run, US immigration authorities said late on Saturday.

http://www.thelocal.de/national/20120729-44033.html

that guy was 51... too old Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

How are you posting here? I thought you would turn into a salt statue.
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1004

maybe he was in some trouble   Roll Eyes

A German man sought in Europe for alleged participation in a fraudulent €81 million ($100 million) pyramid scheme has been arrested in the Las Vegas after five years on the run, US immigration authorities said late on Saturday.

http://www.thelocal.de/national/20120729-44033.html

legendary
Activity: 1316
Si vis pacem, para bellum
I give pirate credit for having the balls to conduct this ponzi with so much flair. 
I think we are seeing the creation of a very successful pyramid scheme like amway/a2k (whatever they currently call themselves to dodge bad PR). 

They dont always fail, occasionally the people at the top get ludicrously rich and have 0 dependence on their pyramid except as an income.

I applaud his efforts and eagerly wait for the outcome whatever it is, It a shame I could not make it to vegas as this would have been a very interesting show to see.

youre right ,they dont always fail ,investigators suspect bernie madoff had been running his for about 39 years (from around  1960 to 1999 and never missed an interest  payment in that period )

everyone who wanted to withdraw always got a cheque issued immediately,if the authorities didnt close in ,his operation might have lasted even longer

mem
Activity: 644
Merit: 501
Herp Derp PTY LTD
I give pirate credit for having the balls to conduct this ponzi with so much flair. 
I think we are seeing the creation of a very successful pyramid scheme like amway/a2k (whatever they currently call themselves to dodge bad PR). 

They dont always fail, occasionally the people at the top get ludicrously rich and have 0 dependence on their pyramid except as an income.

I applaud his efforts and eagerly wait for the outcome whatever it is, It a shame I could not make it to vegas as this would have been a very interesting show to see.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
So, no pictures indicates Pirate is currently using scopolamine on all of the people present to turn them into his Zombie army of the dead?  Grin

Oh and for the people who cannot spot a joke when it hits them in the face. This is a joke.

This is a Zombie thread now!!  Awesome Wink.  So there I was in my bunker with only 1200 rounds of .308 left for the 1919A4 and M1A...
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
So, no pictures indicates Pirate is currently using scopolamine on all of the people present to turn them into his Zombie army of the dead?  Grin

Oh and for the people who cannot spot a joke when it hits them in the face. This is a joke.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
I was expecting DEFCON pictures. Is that so much to ask for for someone who has 5-10% of the entire bitcoin economy in pocket?

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I don't think electronic devices (including cameras) are allowed inside.
You're wrong.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Si vis pacem, para bellum
I was expecting DEFCON pictures. Is that so much to ask for for someone who has 5-10% of the entire bitcoin economy in pocket?

You should be asking everyone else why does an anonymous person have a few million dollars worth of BTC and he hasnt even provided ID yet......
Activity: 288
Merit: 250

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I don't think electronic devices (including cameras) are allowed inside.
Activity: 210
rjk
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
1ngldh
I wonder if people know what pirate looks like.

*leaked images [nsfw]*
Goat, gigavps, etc: So did our favorite pirate actually end up looking like this?

http://photobook.bitvps.com/index.php/pirateat40

Just wonderin'.
R-
Activity: 238
Pasta
I wonder if people know what pirate looks like.

*leaked images [nsfw]*
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020
So Giga, Goat, care to share what ya'll talked about?
Activity: 104
Merit: 10
To prove that the person showing up in Vegas claiming to be pirate (if any) is pirateat40 indeed (with high probability), he could in the presence of many of the trusted forum members catching up with him, perform a live payout to its BS&T lenders. Because 00:00 am on Monday the 30th is due day for his regular dividends for BS&T this one could come as some bonus payout in order to prove pirate's credibility. It wouldn't have to be a large sum also, maybe 1 Satoshi to everyone. It would require a large amount of trust though, for pirate to hand over access to all his funds to some double standing in for him in Vegas.

Why would he ask someone else to go to Vegas for him?
Maybe to cloak his real identity and to stage this proof of trust, that many would fall for and give him the credibility, while he gives none to the community. He could also prepare his impending exit, while the world believes, that he still attends the Vegas convention every day.

Great idea.
Pages:
Jump to: