Pages:
Author

Topic: Look at a pirate, eye to eye if you dare. - page 10. (Read 60653 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250
Okay, here's a different question:

Has anyone who isn't affiliated with a pirate pass-through of some sort come forward and said that they met him in Vegas?

Cmon dude, he was there. This isn't Oliver Stone's JFK.

really honest bob? It seems a relevant question, regardless of whether he was there or not...
I think there is a list of everyone that was there up in the thread.  Do you trust any of them?  One of the guys brought his girlfriend with him.  I talked to her a bit.  She was very level headed and very intelligent.  Would you trust her?
It's a very simple question:

"Has anyone who isn't affiliated with a pirate pass-through of some sort come forward and said that they met him in Vegas?"

Right now I'm forced to assume that the answer is no.

More relevant is who he showed to and what kind of environment it was. Conmen are masters at managing their environment, and it seems like he excluded a person (teflone) who wasn't even particularly antagonistic. I'm not arguing that you or giga/etc didn't see pirate in Vegas, I'm just trying to understand if any new information was actually gained. Right now, it seems no.

edit: also, I fail to see how you mentioning a girlfriend being present is at all relevant...
Also this.
At the end of the day, this guy is handling millions of dollars of other people's money.
I don't see why there should be an issue with a little transparency if everything's on the level.

Has anyone who isn't affiliated with a pirate pass-through of some sort come forward and said that they met him in Vegas?

really honest bob? It seems a relevant question, regardless of whether he was there or not...

Not trying to be rude, sorry.

But it seems like it's only a relevant question if everyone who says they saw him are actually in a massive conspiracy, and Pirate never showed. Which is not the case.
I was looking at it more along the lines of "Did he show his face to anyone who isn't directly involved and profiting from the spread of his scheme?"
Activity: 283
More relevant is who he showed to and what kind of environment it was. Conmen are masters at managing their environment, and it seems like he excluded a person (teflone) who wasn't even particularly antagonistic. I'm not arguing that you or giga/etc didn't see pirate in Vegas, I'm just trying to understand if any new information was actually gained. Right now, it seems no.

edit: also, I fail to see how you mentioning a girlfriend being present is at all relevant...

Not trying to be rude, sorry.

But it seems like it's only a relevant question if everyone who says they saw him are actually in a massive conspiracy, and Pirate never showed. Which is not the case.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

I'm affiliated with a pass through and I did not meet him in Vegas.

Does that help?

legendary
Cant wait for next years snub!  Smiley   Im excited...

After this I will be sure to invest all my money with all of you guys and your businesses, your truly a stand up crowd, and Im glad you ultimately showed your social attitudes to people outside your little clique..

I have all the information I need..  Cheers..

teflone: is this sarcastic or not? tone doesn't transfer well on the internetz.

Why would he seriously be excited to be snubbed?

Hint: yes, it's sarcastic
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

After this I will be sure to invest all my money with all of you guys and your businesses, your truly a stand up crowd, and Im glad you ultimately showed your social attitudes to people outside your little clique..

He's upset.

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

PS. I wasnt here to witch hunt anyone, specially not Pirate, I was here to talk with some of the more outspoken bitcoiners, this is what I love to do, and of the few I did meet, I loved every minute of it..  Its a shame we all couldnt have sat down together.

On another note..

I bought a Cas Coin, I like it, looks nice, I'd like to add.
Didnt mind paying 15 bucks for it either..  It came in handy talking about bitcoin..
Some people just need to see something physical.

Im not lumping Cassasius into the elitism crowd, I just would have like to met you..  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1078
This is how I read the following post:

I would have posted here sooner but, in fact, I just learned about this thread.  My "trip report" has already been copied.  As Goat said, with a little thought I had figured out what he was doing before I went.  I went for a good time - and had one.  We did talk "business" a bit and that was fun.  I do appreciate the long post from The Joint because it is genuine and not just another "this is an obvious ponzi, I know everything, you are all stupid" post so I promise to answer the questions in it but I have to go to my day job now.

I met pirate, he is real and legit and I will answer ANY questions you'd like..

I will quickly give you the simple stategy I used to figure it out.  If you try to figure out what he does and how it works from the assumption that it is impossible then, well, you obviously will never figure it out.  When I re-read everything he has ever posted from the working assumption that what he is doing is possible this left my mind open and able to figure it out.  Just do that, assume it is possible, go to his profile, read every post.  Try it.

..but hey, you don't really need my answer, you can find them yourself, you just have to believe it's possible to be legit and pay what pirate pays. Now have faith and go read his every post..

How much he reveals or does not reveal (and he actually reveals a lot) is up to him.  So no, I will not reveal what it is.  Get off you lazy ass and figure it out for yourself just like I did.

..in fact, I wont even tell you anything because it's that easy to "figure it out", and if you can't, well then that's pirates decision and your just SOL...

One final note: eventually others will figure it out, do it, and with competition we can all say goodbye to the great returns.  You all know where I stand.  I will use this window of opportunity and I offer the opportunity to others thought the PPT.x bond system.  If you don't want to invest then don't.  If you do invest in anything, Facebook, Google, BS&T, US treasury bonds, don't ever invest more than you can afford to lose - there is risk in every investment.

.. so you see, it's all transparent really which is why you only have a limited time to take advantage of this excellent "opportunity" so go on, call 080-pirate-ponzi now, and "invest" your money ASAP. But don't say we didn't warn you, you might lose everything because it actually is a ponzi.. but hey, you can lose money doing anything, right? Why not lose it with us..

Carry on with your ponzi shill screaming now, I am sure that is enough fodder to keep you going for a few days.

EDIT:  a little more specific on the frame of mind to be in when you read the posts.  Your answer must be totally allowed by all US law and something your wife, who is an attorney for the sake of this exercise, would not only let you do but would endorse.

Hint: you must really really believe it and don't tell it to anyone otherwise it wont come true..  

Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 873
Merit: 1000
I will use this window of opportunity and I offer the opportunity to others thought the PPT.x bond system.

since you've never met nefario, did anyone verify that your real-life identity matches the id glbse has on file?

this will be useful since if anyone loses money on ppt.x they can go after you personally.  what you are selling each week is debt.    you are in a partnership that is selling debt.  with a partnership, each partner is jointly and severaly liable for the fully amount of the debt.
legendary
Activity: 922
Merit: 1003
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Consider how this appears from those outside looking in.

That said, all of pirate's detractors here on the forums are on a witch hunt. If I confirm or deny ANYTHING, they will twist what I say to fit their point of view and keep the flame war going. So, I am in the unenviable position of "damned if I do, damned if I don't". The hostile environment created here is not conducive to sharing information in a way that is either helpful or respectful.

all publicly disclosed info about pirate's operation quacks like a duck.  ducks are illegal and damaging to almost everyone that goes near, and some people *really* hate them, so they're going to scream every time they hear another quack.

saying you're not a duck doesn't prove anything, and saying you know he's not a duck and that we can trust him—because he pays you (on time!)—doesn't prove anything.  basically, take the heat and enjoy your money imo.
vip
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.
That said, all of pirate's detractors here on the forums are on a witch hunt. If I confirm or deny ANYTHING, they will twist what I say to fit their point of view and keep the flame war going. So, I am in the unenviable position of "damned if I do, damned if I don't". The hostile environment created here is not conducive to sharing information in a way that is either helpful or respectful.

+10
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
Well it kinda is insulting as I used the exact same strategy. It could be the insult is justified of course, but that doesn't make it less annoying Wink

Curiosity killed the cat.
vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
Consider how this appears from those outside looking in.  Some of the biggest names in Bitcoin meet with the 'biggest dog' (known, that is) in Bitcoin.  Yet, after this meeting, not much at all is said.

Thanks for your post. I can appreciate you being open and honest about your desire for me to confirm or deny facts. Consider my point of view though. I would like to think that I have a pretty good reputation on the forums because I have always tried to be helpful, share information and be respectful (most of the time). I hope I have earned this respect / trust over the last year and I would like to think that it is worth something.

I have confirmed along with others on the forums that pirateat40 showed up and we had a good time.
legendary
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125
As Goat said, with a little thought I had figured out what he was doing before I went.  

I must be too stupid to figure it out then.

Quick question though: If I would have figured out how to make 10% on a weekly basis with minimal risk I would have leveraged my ass off, halted all my other activities and performed the scheme for a year straight. After this (or may be a bit sooner) I would have handed it over to a friend I completely trust for a fee and spent the rest of my days traveling the globe with my my multi million dollar equivalent of buying power.

You say you know what he does. So why don't you?

Edit:

Sorry about the overall tone of the post. It usually takes a lot to annoy me but everyone has his buttons to press. Calling something which I find complicated I put considerable effort in trying to resolve "simple" is one of my buttons. It's like reading a paper where it says "it is trivial to see"  after which I need several hours to deduce what is so trivial to see. Infuriating  Cheesy
legendary
Also, I'm not sure he needs more investors.

Since he is lifting all referral restrictions in August, doesn't it seems like it?

Meh, seems like he's finally going to have a more robust website that will make the marginal cost of having another lender lower.

Seriously, if it was a ponzi, don't you think he would take some of the advice about reassuring new investors?

He doesn't need to find new investors himself, he delegated that job to all the passtrough-programs.

Anyone who invests with a pass through without trusting the pirate needs their brain checked.  The pass throughs are honest about where the money is invested.

Perhaps the pirate is a group of people.

I don't think so, but at least it would explain why gigavps is so consistently talking about *a* pirate.

Roll Eyes
Pages:
Jump to: