Pages:
Author

Topic: Looking for someone to create/modify software for this forum [5500+ BTC] - page 9. (Read 165567 times)

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040
A Great Time to Start Something!
Hi theymos, two quick questions about your huge, exciting project.

1)
Security
No user group should be able to run arbitrary code...

Would you allow a Super-admin (one single person) with "full privileges", combined with "No user group (including any other admins) should be able to run arbitrary code" ?

2) If you accept a detailed bid that includes an impressive, partially finished demo site, then is a BTC down payment of ~25 to 33% possible, to provide income while the project is finished?

Thank you.
Activity: 229
Merit: 103
3600 BTC is still  the offer? I want...
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
One feature request for the new forum that is critical for me: The ability to post/reply via email.
E.g. is the Google Groups interface.

I hate logging into the forum constantly to do these stuff.

(Dunno if this has been discussed or not)
Some 2013 technologies first, then, maybe, some NNTP-like stuff.

Does anyone know what it is that's forcing pages like "recent unread topics" to be a certain minimum width?
Don't know, i can resize it without any problem.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Ron Gross
One feature request for the new forum that is critical for me: The ability to post/reply via email.
E.g. is the Google Groups interface.

I hate logging into the forum constantly to do these stuff.

(Dunno if this has been discussed or not)
administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850
Not the post new reply link, if that was what you were thinking, as you said "bigger text". I meant the image that opens unread replies on a thread.
Pagination and clicking that image are the biggest difficulties, at least for me, and I use a tablet. I can only imagine how much pinching to zoom people will have to do on a smartphone lol

I:
- Replaced with larger "[new]" text.
- Increased the size of page links.
- Removed the top page numbers from section pages because they took up a lot of space.

Better?

Does anyone know what it is that's forcing pages like "recent unread topics" to be a certain minimum width?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Mind you what they use it for is probably not as high maintenance as required by BCT.

bitcointalk is also targeted at a group of people who are more likely than average to be interested in coding & hacking.

eg. even with exact same forum software, and same number of members, grandmasknittingtalk.org would probably be less likely to get hacked.
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
I'm not sure if you have looked at this path, but a previous forums site I am on had been running SMF as well and was taken down by an exploit in its coding (can't remember what version they were running) but they upgraded there forums software to IP Board, and so far have not had an issue with it. Mind you what they use it for is probably not as high maintenance as required by BCT. but this could be an alt solution
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Please see the Donate link at the top of the page.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
I've read through this forum, theymos you have a lot of good offers to consider. I look forward to an enhanced BTCtalk. You mentioned you have a budget of 920 BTC. I'm just curious where this comes from-not trying to be nosy btw. I'm just saying because the reason I love this site so much is its user-user with no intermediary (BitMit) taking a percentage of transactions. Is all of that 920 BTC donated? If so thats incredible. Give me an address and I'll donate if thats the case!
Activity: 588
well it says Powered by SMF 1.1.16 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines so it must be old then.
Oh, they have updates, alright. 2.0 a year ago, and 2.1 is in alpha.
Activity: 588
So what if its that old do they not update the forum software anymore?
Sharing is caring, they say.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1003
I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man
forums using 1.1 latest is    
SMF 2.0.2 lot more features and custom mods made for it. Might want to upgrade first before  having custom built wouldn't be hard to d upgrade
Oddly enough this has been suggested in the first few pages(not your fault, i don't blame you for wasting your time)
It's in my opinion based on theymos' response patterns he/she wants an Open-Source project that will fulfill the bounty and at the same time release a suitable Bitcoin secure software forum package for everyone to use. This is just my opinions based off what theymos said to some of my proposals last year.
I think we must be versions behind because another forum I use which is similar treats it as subscriptions and you can subscribe and unsubscribe anytime.
This forum is using 9 year old software.
riX
Activity: 326
Merit: 252
rix: Didn't find it there Sad and psy: Thanks. That's a little backwards to be honest but it is what it is.

It's the only way that works apparently. Rix's solution has only to do with email subscriptions.

Oh, I thought he meant that. Otherwise just use the watchlist.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
rix: Didn't find it there Sad and psy: Thanks. That's a little backwards to be honest but it is what it is.

It's the only way that works apparently. Rix's solution has only to do with email subscriptions.

I think we must be versions behind because another forum I use which is similar treats it as subscriptions and you can subscribe and unsubscribe anytime.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250

legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Could we at least get an unsubscribe button. I'm no longer interested in the "I'm a newbie, get me out of here" thread.

Delete all your replies on that thread and you'll no longer see it on the list.
Pages:
Jump to: