Pages:
Author

Topic: Looking for someone to create/modify software for this forum [5500+ BTC] - page 5. (Read 165567 times)

vip
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Theymos in all seriousness what you're looking for is not THAT difficult to implement. There are some catches here and there, but really, what you are looking for is NOT difficult to do. In fact looking over what you are asking for it seems a lot like some of the systems I came up with for one of my games. Why are you having such a problem getting this done?

For the amount of BTC on the table I'm considering taking a stab at it myself. Cuz I just don't get it. The absolute worst you could do is write a new back end for SMF. People write this kind of stuff all the time.

Edit: There's really only one way all you asked in the OP can be done, BTW, and it is guaranteed to be more resource hungry than SMF, because SMF isn't designed to do all those things, and the way you need to structure the code to do it will be a bit slower. But not by much. I really can't believe this has been open for over a year now.

It makes me thing that taking a stab at it is a waste of time. Surely others have tried, and been rejected for some unknown reason. Maybe your requirements are a bit strict? Simple question, if you had a system exactly as you described except that it was 30% slower than SMF, but say, could be run on multiple servers to scale very well, would you take something like that?
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Not for hire.
Maybe hiring some mods that don't suck too, that might be a good use for that btc!
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Ron Gross
Theymos, can you explain here why discourse.org is not a good solution?

You can hire someone to custom tailor discourse to your liking, or give it to Jeff Atwood so they'd hire more programmers to add whatever features you feel are missing to the core product.

Discourse is going to be the future of forum software, no need to invent something new here.
Activity: 235
Your site, it's logo, and your portfolio are about as far from professional as it gets. 

Yup, sure and we were down today.  What a loss.

So the only up-to-date requirements are of Nov 2, 2011?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
That's the point - we are professional development company http://42coffeecups.com with our clients being UCSC and Sourceforge, among others.  And yes, we're acceping BTC as payment vehicle, esp after being screwed by Bank of Cyprus.

So what are up-to-date requirements?  Who I have to talk to ?
Your site, it's logo, and your portfolio are about as far from professional as it gets. This is the problem with the web dev world, everyone thinks they're an expert, very few are.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
Was this sup post to be unpinned?

Yes. I thought it was kind of ridiculous that it's been pinned this long.

This project is still open, and the forum does have 5500+ BTC dedicated to it. The OP of this topic is not quite up-to-date on my expectations, though. I will update it at some point.

The forum had 1.3 million dollars worth USD of bitcoin this week. This is unimaginable to even comprehend and people continue to give funds. I'm sorry, with that amount I would take the money and run. Everyone has their price, and that would be mine. Smiley Guys, if you decide to take the money and run, cause I'm almost sure maybe some of you will do that, please save some funds for a decent programmer!! You can actually quit your job/career and retire with the bitcoin you are "holding" for a public/free forum that is running a very old version of free forum software. This is really one for books and should be in the news paper or something. Gotta love it.

That's the point - we are professional development company http://42coffeecups.com with our clients being UCSC and Sourceforge, among others.  And yes, we're acceping BTC as payment vehicle, esp after being screwed by Bank of Cyprus.

So what are up-to-date requirements?  Who I have to talk to ?
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Please hire a professional development company, and don't use any of these wannabe dreamweaver coders acting as freelance. Seriously, just do this right so it gets done right.
This project is still open, and the forum does have 5500+ BTC dedicated to it. The OP of this topic is not quite up-to-date on my expectations, though. I will update it at some point.

Ok, so what are up-to-date requirements?
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
If I were u I would start to do something. In a couple of months this 5500 BTC could worth 1000 times less...
administrator
Activity: 5166
Merit: 12850

Yes. I thought it was kind of ridiculous that it's been pinned this long.

legendary
Activity: 858
I don't believe this opportunity is still open, esp with such big reward promised.

I'll go over the requirements with my team and will post questions.  We're 20+dev team doing high load sites in python/django/twisted/flask/TG/whatever
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
I'm shocked this thread is still open... are you still accepting bids? I'm a very experienced web developer (13+ years) particularly in creating online communities/blogs/forums. Do you want openly posted bids or would you prefer PMs?

I am. PM me.

The BTC amount is even larger now.

Awesome. PM sent. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
5500+ BTC

I think theymos is trolling us.  Cheesy

Nope. You can verify the forum's balance:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/forum-funds-155000

I didn't doubt the availability of funds but rather the effort to actually hire somebody to implement it.
How about it, reserve a ad slot to announce this thread, contact vbulletin to do it, etc...
administrator
5500+ BTC

I think theymos is trolling us.  Cheesy

Nope. You can verify the forum's balance:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/forum-funds-155000

All of it is available for this project. However, I now want to be more closely involved in the software creation process than I did when I started this topic. I'm probably not going to pay people large amounts in advance (and certainly nowhere near 5500 BTC).
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
5500+ BTC

I think theymos is trolling us.  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
I'm shocked this thread is still open... are you still accepting bids? I'm a very experienced web developer (13+ years) particularly in creating online communities/blogs/forums. Do you want openly posted bids or would you prefer PMs?

I am. PM me.

I still think Osiris is a good idea. Maybe reaching an agreement with it's creators to open source it would be more beneficial than creating a new, centralized, software. Don't know, just thinking out loud here.

Nobody will use convoluted solutions.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1004
Firstbits: 1pirata

I am. PM me.

I still think Osiris is a good idea. Maybe reaching an agreement with it's creators to open source it would be more beneficial than creating a new, centralized, software. Don't know, just thinking out loud here.
administrator

I am. PM me.

Pages:
Jump to: