Pages:
Author

Topic: Looking for someone to create/modify software for this forum [5500+ BTC] - page 6. (Read 165567 times)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0
I'm shocked this thread is still open... are you still accepting bids? I'm a very experienced web developer (13+ years) particularly in creating online communities/blogs/forums. Do you want openly posted bids or would you prefer PMs?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
you could hire an Indian Town of programmers for a couple of years! Shocked
We need to do it.
By popular decision, we are gonna write a 10 million lines of code platform.

So your god declared. Let's rent that town.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Perhaps this thread should be closed ? Obviously there's a lot of competent programmers around, and for 3600 BTC, you could hire an Indian Town of programmers for a couple of years! Shocked
Activity: 658
Merit: 502
Doesn't use these forums that often.
https://github.com/discourse/discourse - open source Ruby forum
Like the idea, theymos?
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
This topic is hilariously silly. For 3600 BTC I would gladly drop everything in my life for a year to learn how to do this, and have the site up and running, no problem. You shouldn't leave this sticky just hanging here if you guys aren't gonna do anything with it..
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057
Marketing manager - GO MP
Ok the value of this amount can actually buy up a small startup now. You could also buy a contract with a major web development company.

It is unfathomable that nothing has happened yet.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Ron Gross
Can we just please move to discourse.org?

Yes, it's experimental software, but it's backed by Jeff Atwood and Co ... really good people.
They're still looking for 2 projects willing to try it out, and will give full support.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Personal text my ass....
I'm confused. Original post was over 2 years ago and nothing was ever done? Looks like someone likes to hold onto bitcoin!

In two years you could have had a complete custom software written to exact specifications with anything and everything that was needed. Instead we get maybe a couple of add-ons, which are free to install and not even the latest version of the free forum software SMF.

Come on, lets get this place updated and make it look nice with the half million dollars the forum has. Whoo hoo.

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
with the kitty so large, I think that it would be a good service to make it required that the code is released, with an open-source friendly licence.  Cheesy

Why not "donate" a paid developer to one of the existing open-source projects?
I'm sure phpbb or smf would love a full-time dev working there, adding interesting features, or addons, to their platform.
legendary
Activity: 1222
Merit: 1016
Live and Let Live
with the kitty so large, I think that it would be a good service to make it required that the code is released, with an open-source friendly licence.  Cheesy
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
I'm still really interested in getting this done. Sadly my full time job does not give me any time for a project of this scale.

However, my coding partner has far more time to work on this than I do and he is once again interested.

I know I've said this before, but we will have a bid written up and posted shortly.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Well, I make vBulletin mods but you would want the plugin system disabled so it would be redundant Tongue
Activity: 229
Merit: 103
 1y 5m wow.

3600 BTC yet? Really?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Its not 2012 anymore Tongue so 1y 5m
Activity: 868
The forum's software has proven to be insufficient for our needs. In particular, the general architecture of the code is both insecure and difficult to modify, and the moderation facilities are limited. Therefore, the forum is accepting bids for the job of delivering software that meets the requirements listed below.

It's been 5 months - why is nobody assigned to the task ?
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Offer still stands to create your software from a modified vbulletin.
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
A mobile version/app would be appreciated. VBulletin is my favorite forum software.
If the forum switches to mybb, one theme takes care of mobile http://www.mybbgm.com/index.php
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
A mobile version/app would be appreciated. VBulletin is my favorite forum software.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Greetings!

I have a great Idea!

Auction!

Let imagine one great platform with couple of webmasters.
They prepare their websites for a some period, let's say 3-6 month to get everyone together.

Each sites linked to subdomains of bitcointalk.org.

webmaster1.bitcointalk.org
webmaster2.bitcointalk.org
webmaster3.bitcointalk.org
webmasterN.bitcointalk.org

Some day would denote as a start of voting.

Each member of forum may give their voice, with little of payment in BTC.

Let's say, for a 1 month we get great amount of money for each webmaster, for their job, and one of them winner, we migrate to new forum!

Plus, each work carefully checking by administration of bitcointalk.org and each member of forum because it would opensource!

It would be great to see hundreds of opensource forum engines (:

There are nothing to do else, cause there exist GitHub for hosting, administration of bitcointalk.org can place chart of candidates on the first page.

After 1 month of voting should appear group of real leaders.  

We can move forward, and make the second month of voting for this group!

I don't think we even need an auction there is over 90k up for grabs this job could and should have been completed ages ago, if I knew more than a basic bit of php and simple html css I would give it a shot no question, there are about a trillion job seeking sites available and people more than happy to do this task for a fraction of the price...

In all honesty about a quarter of the money should be put into redesigning the forum and the rest into advertising to help get the word out about bitcoin..
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Greetings!

I have a great Idea!

Auction!

Let imagine one great platform with couple of webmasters.
They prepare their websites for a some period, let's say 3-6 month to get everyone together.

Each sites linked to subdomains of bitcointalk.org.

webmaster1.bitcointalk.org
webmaster2.bitcointalk.org
webmaster3.bitcointalk.org
webmasterN.bitcointalk.org

Some day would denote as a start of voting.

Each member of forum may give their voice, with little of payment in BTC.

Let's say, for a 1 month we get great amount of money for each webmaster, for their job, and one of them winner, we migrate to new forum!

Plus, each work carefully checking by administration of bitcointalk.org and each member of forum because it would opensource!

It would be great to see hundreds of opensource forum engines (:

There are nothing to do else, cause there exist GitHub for hosting, administration of bitcointalk.org can place chart of candidates on the first page.

After 1 month of voting should appear group of real leaders.  

We can move forward, and make the second month of voting for this group!
Pages:
Jump to: