Pages:
Author

Topic: Loss almost 40%, should stop trading or not ? - page 7. (Read 32531 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 100
Trading with btc - eth, I buy too high ( 0,082 ) and today I sell all on 0,077. Before that trade btc - ripple ( xrp ), make mistake buy 0,0002150 so today I sell with price 0,0001200. I decide to sell all because my patience is finish. I have loss almost 40% from my money, my question is simple ................. stop or continue?

No do no for me I advice that you do not stop trading because trading can ein that back if you encounter those coins that have a lot of value. If you quit trading you are going to simply cut off your loss and 40% is a lot of money and  my advice win that back before you plan to quit. I also advice you that you can gained a pot of different coins and do trading even if you do not buy it. By just simply joining in a bounty campaigns those bounty rewards can be traded and even if you lose at them at least you did not spend money.
Activity: 43
Merit: 10
Because trade has only two sides: profit and loss. Called a loss, if we have lost everything. Be patient, learn errors, thorough and dont rush in doing sell or buy orders may help us in achieving profits in trading.
Everything in this world has two conceivable outcomes yes, or perhaps no. Exchanging additionally includes two things called benefit and misfortune which is the piece of the business. Nearly, Bitcoin gives a decent domain and the odds of misfortunes are less however benefit expands step by step.
Activity: 168
Learn from your loses but always set a limitation, losing 40% is quite low, some even lose 100% of their capital
and still get back to apply what they have learn. The risk is always there, you can minimize it if you educate yourself and learn from
your mistakes every time you make one, always develop and develop, it's a long journey.
Activity: 209
Stop for the day. Traders who are expecting fast results would never be successful in their run as traders. Also, those lrices that you mentioned are the top. Should have observed more before initiating those trades. Analyze the market before making decisions. Was a costly lesson, but still a lesson learned.

The basic thing which a trader should have is Patience. So you should stop for the day or until you understand the system. Emotions is the one thing which you have to leave and get on with trading. Dont think that 40% is a loss, you got a good experience and use it from now.
You cannot say that you will already stop at trading. Bitcoin is always "patience is a virtue" kind of thing that is why you need to master, study and practice all the things you need to know about bitcoin. And you must take the lost as your teacher that infact will make you stronger than before. So yes,you could take a break first and after relaxing, you could try trading again.
Activity: 966
Merit: 506
Well if you lack patience. trading is not for you. Sell your coins right now and never do trading again.. You better hold coins or do lending in trading platforms.

Patience is one of key factor in trading. For the OP, if you have loss in trading, and you thinking of leaving trading, then how will you recover your loss ? You need to be in trading to cover your loss. Giving up means you have left and the loss of 40% is a loss forever. Also remember trading is not a grantee success always job. There are time when you loss but they are covered up by good wins also.So planing is the key here.
Activity: 574
Merit: 102
Well if you lack patience. trading is not for you. Sell your coins right now and never do trading again.. You better hold coins or do lending in trading platforms.
Activity: 448
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
It depends on you if you want to stop. Are you okay with that? You lose 40% and will stop? Do you desire just a bit to get those money back because you were just starting in trading, you can earn those back if you want too, if you are persistent and willing to learn something you could make more profit on it. You just have to control your emotions and greed.
Activity: 420
Merit: 103
I think you should stop. You have too much loss already. Maybe trading is not yet for you. Effective trading takes a lot of experience and you must have patience because prices fluctuate. You have broken the rule of "Buy low, sell high" so I don't think that is called trading sir. You are like throwing your money away and that is not good. Before you lose it all, divert your source of income to other ways like offering services or wearing signatures for campaign. Study effective trading and improve your patience so someday you will be able to recover all your loss.
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
What kind of an idiotic person sells his investment at a loss? Were you in such urgent need of money or is it that you got scared and you sold of getting more and more losses? One time you got a loss(because of your dumbness ,nothing else)  ,you got scared and you want to trading? Well go ahead then, no one is stopping you. Remember one thing though, Failure is a stepping stone to Success.
If I were in your position, I definitely wouldn't be such a wuss and stop trading, I'd rather correct myself and move ahead.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
When trading you should expect less and less to control your emotions and does not affect your mindset when trading. Try to stay calm and think its just a part instead. 40% is just a part of your whole , your 100% assets in trading . Try to predict well and analyze well.
Activity: 659
Merit: 500
Zepher is scammer!:)
I lost 80% my balance for 2 weeks ago. And now it's just 60% lost. Do whatever you want and feel happy with it. Trading is a game, win or lose based on your luck. Just my thought.

How it comes? with which coin?
Activity: 910
Merit: 550
Patience is the key on trading and just try to stay calm. You've already made a mistake when you bought it high then sold it low like where is the profit in that? Look outside the box when trading and don't let your emotions gets in the way.
Activity: 420
Who does not understand anything in the crypto-currency - DO NOT TRADE!
Buy bitcoin, create a portfolio of altcoyins that you believe in, and wait.
In a couple of years you will all save up your fortune.
And if you trade at short distances, then do not rush to merge into the minus. Until you closed the deal in the red, you have not fixed a loss. Patience is patience again.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
It's important to stay calm in trading Wink
Activity: 15
ohhh, that was a big loos for you,.. but i think you should still continue..
that loss you just experience is just like a trial for you to get more money..
though its not that good losing 40% but i guess, you can learn from your mistake and keep moving forward.
Activity: 56
Put all your money in BTC and call it a day. You bought into coins that had already pumped and complain on the retrace, so trading alts is obviously not your strong suit.
Activity: 195
"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"
Trading with btc - eth, I buy too high ( 0,082 ) and today I sell all on 0,077. Before that trade btc - ripple ( xrp ), make mistake buy 0,0002150 so today I sell with price 0,0001200. I decide to sell all because my patience is finish. I have loss almost 40% from my money, my question is simple ................. stop or continue?
Continue! You can be a successful person if you will continue trading. Try to improve your skill for you to earn bitcoins in trading and you can avoid loss if you will do many technique.
Activity: 266
It is not good to stop loss in bitcoin trade. Because for as we all know bitcoin will boom always, so why you are stop losing your trade?

Well, let me tell you a good strategy on this one, you should go condensing your portfolio in order for your loss will stay low.
Why should not stop loss, bitcoin grow from 4k-8k make all altcoins have new dip, if you dont stop loss now, we may lose more when bitcoin grow to 10k
Activity: 337
Qravity is a decentralized content production and

Continue ,do not let your money go away, the most attitude we need here is to be patient specially in trading, not always the price will increase just wait, if you really don't want to lose the money you invest be patient.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
All altcoins are dead at the moment. How can you guys still making money?

I even buy low but tomorrow the price goes lower and touched my stop-loss. Fuck that, I thought that if I don't put stop-loss, it won't touch it and will bounce up soon. But no!!! fuck! I bought STRAT, didn't put stop-loss because of fear of losing. But no. It went lower tomorrow when BTC surge to $3k more. FML.

I thought this month all alts will have a brighter future but no! BTC up to the ATH and alts fall back. I lost 0.6 BTC in 20 days.
I wish I never buy any altcoin, I should stay with my bitcoin. The idea should have more bitcoin turns out losing almost everything.

I have no LUCK. FML.

I'm on a losing streak. I should hold bitcoin and quit trading for a month a two to peace my mind again.

Hey guys!!!!

It's me. I'm back after quit trading for 1 month (September). Back on the road in October.

With my losing experience, now I am playing safe.

I lost 0.6 BTC in August, leave me with only 0.09 BTC in my wallet.  I was living like a zombie, lost everything, no hope, no more happiness, i was angry with my GF, I hated everything, cry everynight about my mistakes, I want to kill myself... ETC... Jesus you don't want to know everything.

But, now, after 2 months of trading, I am having 0.8 BTC. Cashed out 0.2 BTC for living things, donated to a Red Cross Organization in my hometown (after got hit by Damrey storm) and the rest for saving.

I'm so happy at the moment. I don't rush in trading coins like I used to be. I only trade 2-3 altcoins in 1 month. I'm lucky, I chosed WaltonChain (WTC), VTC, BNB, CFD (Too bad it was a scam project but I managed to get out a week before they turn dark).

When I see a rising coin, I stay away from it, I managed to avoid any FOMO on the market. Yes, and I missed VTC run last month. But it's okay.

I have no skills, only luck. And my will to start again without surrender the market.
Hi there welcome back!
So your trading principle  is based on luck now and then? Not a good way to continue .
At least you should learn something basics about to trade properly , if you keep doing that i am not sure you can avoid the same mistake as you have did it few months ago.
Trade on a new coin is high risk trading for me personally , i only trade a coin that has large market cap and then i can call myself play it safe.
Pages:
Jump to: